Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido?

Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido?

Saturday, April 24th, 2010 8:36pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 34,326

Actoys member maxpayne has posted an image of a repainted Classics/Henkei Prowl and has claimed this will be a side figure for this year's BotCon. However, this toy is still without the head sculpt, are we getting a new head sculpt for this figure? Who is this character?

Well let's match things up. Botcon has occasionally, if not all the time over the years, used the same mold of a figure. The first use of this mold at the 2010 Botcon is Streetstar. If we also take a look back throughout our Botcon news, we'll also remember that we had a rumor of possibly getting a figure for Rapido from the mold we are seeing above. Since it looks just like it, well, we can only add up so much until we're actually correct. However treat this with a pinch of salt, until we get confirmation from Fun Publications!

Rapido picture courtesy of Istaipen. Do they look the same? Check out original post here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com, for all your latest news on Transformers!

Credit(s): Actoys member maxpayne

This article was last modified on Sunday, April 25th, 2010 1:48pm CDT

Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067758)
Posted by cadenheadr04 on April 24th, 2010 @ 8:42pm CDT
Is it just me, or does it just look like a really bad paint and sticker job someone is trying to pass off as a legit figure? I mean look at the really bad smudges in the black paint and the nasty fading on the front fender. I call shenanigans.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067759)
Posted by Diem on April 24th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
Rapido!
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067760)
Posted by HighPrime on April 24th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CDT
Looks fake to me, too. The Autobot insignia and wording should at least 'bend' a little with the curvature of the windshield. Looks like it was photoshop'd onto the picture.

Is the original poster reliable? I suppose it could still be an early mock-up, though. Not holding my breath :)
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067761)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on April 24th, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
Diem wrote:Rapido!

Wouldn't surprise me. That rumor that leaked out before the official word said that mold would be used for that character.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067762)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 24th, 2010 @ 9:00pm CDT
Well, since I really don't pay much attention to G2 stuff, I have no idea. I'll look through the toy galleries for this though... -about 5 minutes later-... Well, after about 5 minutes of analysis, I conclude that I have no idea. Possible candidates:
G2 Sideswipe

A never-before-seen G2 repaint of Prowl's bro, Bluestreak

If it ain't either of these, then I got nothing else to conclude. :lol:
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067764)
Posted by Redimus on April 24th, 2010 @ 9:06pm CDT
If that's real (and it looks real to me) it can only be Rapido...

I loved the original.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067766)
Posted by Heckfire on April 24th, 2010 @ 9:24pm CDT
Yep, looks like Rapido to me.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067770)
Posted by Blurrz on April 24th, 2010 @ 9:58pm CDT
Yes, it is most definitely indisputably Rapido. Refer to the corrected news post for information.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ido/18422/
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067776)
Posted by Burn on April 24th, 2010 @ 10:13pm CDT
Redimus GTS wrote:If that's real (and it looks real to me) it can only be Rapido...

I loved the original.

He was definitely one of the better figures of that line.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067783)
Posted by Diem on April 24th, 2010 @ 10:19pm CDT
Burn wrote:

I loved the original.

He was definitely one of the better figures of that line.
His car mode was incredibly sexy but his robot mode was just daft. He couldn't see over his own chest.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067786)
Posted by Burn on April 24th, 2010 @ 10:43pm CDT
Diem wrote:
Burn wrote:

I loved the original.

He was definitely one of the better figures of that line.

... i'm just going to leave that alone. My response wouldn't be very PG-13. :lol:
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067788)
Posted by Seibertron on April 24th, 2010 @ 10:59pm CDT
Ah, more G2 galleries that I'll have to do before BotCon. :)
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067802)
Posted by prmlove1 on April 25th, 2010 @ 12:24am CDT
It seems like every year we see prototypes of the extra botcon figures and someone always believes they are fakes. Well I believe this is a real unfinished painted prototype, hence the not so great paint job.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067808)
Posted by Savage on April 25th, 2010 @ 1:28am CDT
I really hope this is real. That mold is perfect for Rapido. I would be thrilled for this to be reality, and it seems pretty likely.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067810)
Posted by Mkall on April 25th, 2010 @ 1:46am CDT
Cool, can't wait to see more.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067821)
Posted by craggy on April 25th, 2010 @ 3:47am CDT
I always liked Skram better, probably since I owned him, but agree that does look like Rapido. A slightly toned down version mind you, but Rapido nonetheless.
I can't find Pyro's Tech-Specs online at the moment, but I wonder if he'll be vying for leadership over the super-high-ranking Rapido?
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067825)
Posted by Chaoslock on April 25th, 2010 @ 4:01am CDT
Could be real, as I see the shoulder-rockets are not just repainted, but molded from different color of plastic.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067847)
Posted by Windsweeper on April 25th, 2010 @ 5:56am CDT
As much as I love G2, Rapido was one of the poorest figures.

I'd have gone with Skram from movie Sideswipe or Zap from Movie Bumblebee. at the very least we'd have finally gotten another character from Movie Bumblebee besides Cliffjumper. Primus, I hate Deluxe cars. Basics, people, Basics!
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067849)
Posted by Blurrz on April 25th, 2010 @ 6:03am CDT
Windsweeper wrote:As much as I love G2, Rapido was one of the poorest figures.

Sadly Pete said we won't ever get Scout Class figures at the 'con ever again;

FG: Hey since you brought it up, lets talk BotCon Exclusives, the pride of every collector’s collection. BotCon sets (attendee figures included) have gotten larger (in terms of the number of toys included) each year since Fun Publications took over the convention license. Do the larger sets make the conventions more viable or is there a chance we will see sets with fewer toys but of a larger size class?

PS: I think collector's can expect to see the same formula for the immediate future. Though the last couple years we have tried to offer a couple larger scale toys while we have all but eliminated the scout class. That is not to say that we won't maybe change things up down the road.

If you actually meant Botcon using common sense, I doubt that Botcon would use Movie molds in an already predeterminated Universe 2.0 dominated repaint set.
Re: Rumor: Is this BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido? (1067850)
Posted by Diem on April 25th, 2010 @ 6:05am CDT
Windsweeper wrote:As much as I love G2, Rapido was one of the poorest figures.

I'm pretty sure BotCon can't use Movie molds since a percentage of each one sold goes straight to Hollywood; it would be too expensive.

I still think this mold would work lots better for Flash. Then you could have Classics Mirage as Hurricane, Universe Ironhide as Scorch and eventually Generations Drift as Boss.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise BOMBSHOCK & GROWL SLITHERFANG RUNG Battle Masters" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Combiner Wars THUNDERCRACKER Leader Class NEW MISB RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY