Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege

Transformers News: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege

Thursday, February 14th, 2019 10:48PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 17,835

Well this was unexpected if it turns out to be true. User Mr. Chaos on the TFW2005 forums has posted some new UPC codes for known figures from an anonymous source, but included was a new UPC for a figure that we haven't heard rumors of yet: Leader class Astrotrain.

WFC Leader Class Astrotrain. E3419. UPC 63050988227

Now, obviously, this hasn't been confirmed by Hasbro so take this rumor with a grain of salt. We are heading into Toy Fair starting Friday so there's a possibility this figure may make an appearance at the event if it's true. Thanks to Seibertronian Autobot N for making us aware! Feel free to speculate away in the Energon Pub forums below!
Credit(s): Mr. Chaos on TFW2005, Autobot N on Seibertron.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010342)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:56pm CST
If I can just get all the triple changers in a consistent style, I guess I'll be happy. I'd rather see them ALSO be the same size class (which is why I have been hoping for Springer have a Titan Master), but whatever. I just want all six to match... If they're gonna re-do all the ones that were in Titans Return, then so be it. As long as they match.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010344)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:06pm CST
I’ll be keeping my T30 Springer, thank you very much. That has got to be one of the greatest action figure toys I own.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010346)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:12pm CST
Blitzwing is bae wrote:Hmmmmm :-? Is that springer a new mold?

What else would it be?
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010348)
Posted by Seibertron on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:13pm CST
ScottyP wrote:I don't need another Springer but at least it's not an 84/85 character? Guess that one fan that didn't like the Roche Springer toy can be happy now. They're probably out there somewhere.

I never cared much for the thin and lanky Generations Springer. I'm extremely happy with this update. Can't wait to see the robot mode! Hopefully he's stocky or bulky like his animation model.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010352)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:30pm CST

I"ve got better things to do tonight than die!
-Springer :BOT:
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010365)
Posted by Deadput on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:31am CST
More pics via the thread on Tfw2005

Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010367)
Posted by frogbat on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:34am CST

Even hough I enjoyed the previous springer and sandstorm figures, it did have some issues with stiffness (i’ll Probably need a pen knife to move some panels next time I transform them). Also some of the proportions didn’t feel right. Can’t wait for more pix if this guy’s other modes to see how he stacks up.

Re astrotrain, was pretty happy with the tr version but I guess they want to balance the triple changers faction releases. A commander class would be nice...

Besides some obvious choices for characters like the usual suspects... eg megs and prime, they seem to be cherry picking bots which were already cybertronian... the seekers... jetfire... so where are bumblebee and wheeljack? Jazz too.. granted we’ve had our fair share but they’d be obvious picks. Also... the 3 autobot targetmasters... their vehicles were always cybertronian... they could fit them in... really want to complete that line up.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010369)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:58am CST
Oh, there are the null rays. That other picture was definitely a cross-promotional shot though, meaning Wave 3 has another Blowpipe-type Targetmaster, I assume Caliburst? Regardless, Thundercracker still looks good, but I'm still going to wait.

Springer's still a pass.

It actually greatly surprises me how much better Red Alert looks than Sideswipe. It was easy for me to pass on Sideswipe because of how basic that G1 design is and how boring Sideswipe looks, but this version of the mold looks way more appealing. I might actually grab him if he looks this good in person, wow. Apparently all it took was for them to give him an actually interesting color scheme and details other than just Everything Is Red. Also it looks like he has the same light bar piece as Prowl, but his gun seems to be new. This does give me at least slightly more hope for Barricade to actually be good (only slightly though).

As for Prime, there was nothing that would change my mind at this point I think, but these pictures did cause me to notice some things:
-It looks like they left his shoulder armor on his shoulders when they transformed him to alt mode rather than store it in the boots like reviewers have done, I wonder which is the official transformation?
-Seeing the inner robot here in a clear shot has caused me to realize that to me, since my first Prime was the Unicron Trilogy one (my good old Bendy Prime, who's been my only Prime until this year), it looks/feels more right to me for Optimus Prime to have yellow eyes rather than blue eyes.

Overall, very much looking forwards to what we'll see this weekend, and to most of these figures (sorry Springer).
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010372)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:13am CST
i can't wait for Skywarp (Which is going to be a Starscream Redeco) and do his thing during More Than Meets The Eye Part III :lol: :-D

Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010373)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:18am CST
frogbat wrote:Budget constraints and shelf space mean I might not go for repaints where possible. Though red alert and thundercracker do look the part.

Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010374)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:19am CST
Deadput wrote:Image

I guess im the only one who wants Vector Prime after i get Galaxy Optimus. but if he got a new model on SIEGE, i'd totally waste my wallet for it =P~ :twisted:
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010376)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:22am CST
Hm, Springer's actually appealing to me. Even I get him just as part of a small Marvel UK set. I still have the 30th thrilling one and it's nice but I've gone off it a tad and it doesn't really fit in my mostly movie collection anyways. I painted up a TR Hot Rod as a Marvel figure so this Springer might fit well with it.

I agree with the comment that the Red Alert deco makes the boring Sideswipe mold look a bit more interesting.

Does Springer have two swords now? His 30th and G1 toys had one sword made up of both rotor blades coming together. This one looks like you just use one blade to make a sword. Which is nice. Though again I question the practicality of using a key part of your alt-mode's mobility as a weapon that could get damaged or lost. But hey at least he's got his car mode as a back up.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010379)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:23am CST
oh good then i can recreate this scene
image.jpg
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010380)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:26am CST
I kinda like how this Springer deals with something deco-wise that I've been thinking about since the leaked listing for him: were they gonna go with the toy-style yellow hood/chest, or cartoon-style green? Their solution is a nice blend: Keep the yellow, but relegate it to the very front of the hood/bottom of the chest so in robot mode it still largely matches the movie look in robot mode, but doesn't outright ditch the yellow there.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010382)
Posted by frogbat on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:33am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:I think we're gonna see another line full of Titan Masters (or whatever name they decide to give them) and we'll see the Autobot Targetmasters, (hopefully a Cyclonus to match TR Scourge,) Apeface, Snapdragon and Scorponok as the Titan. At least I hope so. If they don't have Head/Titan Masters, then that's YET ANOTHER "set" that doesn't match each other.

Maybe in the "revenge of the titans" or something...

I'd be ok for the target masters to lose the headmaster gimmick - I'd be more concerned if they were too small in relation to the previous TR deluxes.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010388)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 15th, 2019 @ 3:50am CST
I Found something interesting on twitter, although the post is in Japanese
With the recent Astrotrain rumor, somethings odd happening on Siege Website recently, if you type "SUNSTREAKER" or "TARN"
This appears:
Hang on, are these coming on Siege line? :shock:

Twitter source: https://twitter.com/redeyeToy1/status/1 ... 3721612293
Retwitted source: https://twitter.com/SpiderSorcerer/stat ... 2915895296

Oh no... i don't like this at all, the DJD is giving me PTSDs.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010389)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 15th, 2019 @ 3:56am CST
Albatross250 wrote:I Found something interesting on twitter, although the post is in Japanese
This appears:
Hang on, are these coming on Siege line? :shock:

Twitter source: https://twitter.com/redeyeToy1/status/1 ... 3721612293
Retwitted source: https://twitter.com/SpiderSorcerer/stat ... 2915895296

Oh no... i don't like this at all, the DJD is giving me PTSDs.

...were those not the on-package codes for Sideswipe and Shockwave, respectively? I don't have either of those figures, but I'm pretty sure this isn't new information. Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love an actual figure of Tarn, but I feel like this isn't confirmation of that.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010392)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 15th, 2019 @ 4:15am CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
This appears:
Hang on, are these coming on Siege line? :shock:

Twitter source: https://twitter.com/redeyeToy1/status/1 ... 3721612293
Retwitted source: https://twitter.com/SpiderSorcerer/stat ... 2915895296

Oh no... i don't like this at all, the DJD is giving me PTSDs.

Who doesn't? the Altmode looks Slick and Sick! :michaelbay: :CON:
And i still want a Roller because Roller looks like Tarn, and not Glitch. :-P
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010396)
Posted by Mechastrike on February 15th, 2019 @ 4:55am CST
Springer looks so photoshopped. have to wait for actual product shots. looking forward to it though.
Re: Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege (2010397)
Posted by ScottyP on February 15th, 2019 @ 5:28am CST
Mechastrike wrote:Springer looks so photoshopped.
I didn't know Photoshop could do CAD renders.

For real though they used to have grey models hand painted and would then Photoshop those further for promo images and folks complained. Now they just use the CAD models when these aren't yet production ready and... complaining. We're terrible :lol:

Seibertron wrote:

I thought getting closer to animation models wasn't necessarily a good thing? Don't get me wrong, I understand your point here as Generations Springer was 100% based on his IDW design (I say this now recalling that the Sandstorm design came first apparently!), just pointing out how you moved away from MP figures for getting too far into looking like animation designs. I'm sure if elaborating you'd say that you like the balance between animation model and extra detail.

Anyway Generations Springer is one of the best Transformers figures of the past decade so a new one has a long way to go to impress me. This is not to say it won't be a fun, satisfying toy. I'm just hard to impress despite being easy to please :D

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Optimal Optimus Card hascon card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime  Battle Base Trailer Plus Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 G2 LOT of 5 Leadfoot Strafe Brawl Blast Off Tankor incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1984 Transformers G1 WINDCHARGER minibot figure Hasbro/Takara LQQK!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime and Battle Base Trailer Transformers Energon Axe Attack Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Power Of The prime PP-35 Autobot NovaStar Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Masterpiece TRU Bumblebee Figure w/ 6" Spike Witwicky" on EBAY