Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus

Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus

Wednesday, July 11th, 2007 6:28pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 13,763

It has been well document that Alternators Rodimus would be a San Diego Comic-Con 2007 convention exclusive and would be offered by Hasbro through the Hasbro Toy Shop. Now KA of TFW2005 has posted the following:

"just a heads up. my local shop showed me a retailers pre order checklist which included sdcc alt rodimus, slated for a 20th july release. so watch out for those in hand auctions on ebay from around this here parts."

Read the entire post here. You can get all the latest toy news in the Seibertron.com Toy Section and all the latest event news in the Seibertron.com Events Section.

Credit(s): KA of TFW2005

Re: Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus (215470)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 11th, 2007 @ 7:59pm CDT
It should still be mass released. They should mass release this and then have a black version for SDCC.
Re: Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus (215491)
Posted by bumblezzz on July 11th, 2007 @ 9:51pm CDT
now, thats a good Idea(I was going to get him anyway, hot rod is one of my favorite caracters thanks to the movie)
Re: Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus (215577)
Posted by Head Shot on July 11th, 2007 @ 10:42pm CDT
yeah seriously, Hot Rod is a great char, everyone just hates on him because they killed off prime to introduce hot rod as a hero.

they really should release this in general retail. I mean I can understand (like I did with the botcon exclusives from the start) that these limited edition things will only sell for so expensive because its desirable, but to be honest, this is alittle bit of a stretch. I'm not gonna blame hasbro for shafting us because, quite frankly, its the way things are (and they're catering alot to us bitchy fans.)

While I would gladly want to own this (seeing as how i gave my mirage to a friend for christmas, and havent found another for a good price since), I don't see myself paying more than $70 for it. And its unfortunate too, because im told the mirage mold is one of the best to come out of the alternators, and seems to be the only mold minus ravage and "frenzy" (I don't care if you think I'm wrong, to me Frenzy will always be red) to not get repainted on a mass release.

oh well. I'll be hunting for the right price. I always have the clear mirage to look forward to.
Re: Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus (215666)
Posted by Bonger on July 11th, 2007 @ 11:38pm CDT
More than $70? I've seen it at tons of sites and abay for pre-order for 50. It's really a pretty decent deal.
Re: Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus (215829)
Posted by Hotrod on July 12th, 2007 @ 2:48am CDT
I just hope I can snag one off of Hasbro Toy Shop. After Comic Con I may need to start drinking coffee and red bull so I can be up when it hits :P
Re: Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus (216694)
Posted by City Commander on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:26pm CDT
Oh sure, this is fair.

When I say the rest of the world Hasbro, I actually mean the rest of the world. Not one odd country here or there.
Re: Rumor: Malaysia to see General Release of SDCC Alternators Rodimus (217542)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:14pm CDT
Thats pretty cool, I can't wait to order mine.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - TRU Exclusive Masterpiece - MP-01 Acid Storm (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY