RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately?

RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately?

Friday, August 7th, 2009 1:11pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 34,636

GenZhao at KO Toys, has recently got his hands on something a little strange. As you may (or may not) know, a blue Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Soundwave figure is to be sold in the Meeting at Nemesis three pack, revealed at Botcon this year. If you click here, we can see the Soundwave figure packaged entirely by itself.

RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately?

GenZhao also writes this in his posting:

Here is a picture of a MOSC ROTF BLUE SOUNDWAVE TRU EXCLUSIVE, it is on a regular soundwave card (the picture of soundwave on the back is not the blue soundwave but the original grey soundwave)

It's recommended you take this with a grain of salt, as it could be anything from a pre-production mistake, to an actual release seen in some part of the world.

Credit(s): Real Devastator, KO Toys.com

This article was last modified on Friday, August 7th, 2009 1:17pm CDT

Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969685)
Posted by bronzgunz on August 7th, 2009 @ 1:15pm CDT
I could save some bucks if it's not a mistake :) .
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969690)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 7th, 2009 @ 1:22pm CDT
For the sake of organisation:

Double thread
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969693)
Posted by It Is Him on August 7th, 2009 @ 1:25pm CDT
No twist ties? Fake.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969695)
Posted by Mkall on August 7th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:No twist ties? Fake.

I'm seeing twist ties around the hands and feet.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969696)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 7th, 2009 @ 1:30pm CDT
I'm going for fake. They would have come up with some name like "Deep Space Soundwave" or something like that. With a different back card piece thing and head shot. If this is genuine, I'll retract this but I want to see a pic of the back of it.

EDIT 1: Another reason I think it's fake is because I doubt Hasbro would take the only reason people are going to buy a $50 boxset and sell it individually.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969699)
Posted by faraohseth on August 7th, 2009 @ 1:35pm CDT
Where's the "Triple Changer" sticker? :-?
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969700)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 7th, 2009 @ 1:39pm CDT
Couldn't one have just repackaged this figure in the first Soundwave's packaging?
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969714)
Posted by Blurrz on August 7th, 2009 @ 2:10pm CDT
I'm getting bad vibes from this, however, who knows?
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969745)
Posted by reluctantyouth on August 7th, 2009 @ 3:00pm CDT

I'm going with fake here...is it just me or did anyone else notice something that looks like condensation along the to[ and bottom of the blister. I also looked very closely at where the blister would adhere to the card and you can definitely see white where the blister was possibly cut loose from card. I also think I see sotch tape on the side of the card...totally going with fake here. Also agree that there would be a new name for the figure.

~Reluctantyouth~
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969761)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 7th, 2009 @ 3:57pm CDT
Eh, I liked the grey Soundwave personally but I like this one to so when it comes out I'm totally grabbing myself the Meeting At The Nemesis set. I just wish it had the ROTF voyager Megatron rather than the first movie Megatron. Ah well, I still get the Fallen with it and I don't have that particular Megatron mold anyhow. Also: Soundwave.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969777)
Posted by Aman10000 on August 7th, 2009 @ 4:42pm CDT
Maybe it will be in both the Nemesis Set, and as a separate toy
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969778)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 7th, 2009 @ 4:43pm CDT
it looks like a fake.... but it wouldve been cool to have one of these individually packaged.... well we dont know for sure yet, so....
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969814)
Posted by Rated X on August 7th, 2009 @ 5:49pm CDT
GOOD ILL BUY HIM ALONE. I REALLY DONT LIKE THE FIRST COLOR SCHEME BECAUSE GREY IS A CRAPPY EXCUSE FOR REPRESENTATION OF METAL WHICH SHOULD BE SILVER LIKE SIDESWIPES PAINT JOB. WHY CANT THEY JUST GIVE THEM ALL SILVER, AND STOP PUTTING OUT GREY TRANSFORMERS LIKE THE FIRST MOVIE MEGATRONS. THEN THEY TRY TO SUCKER YOU WITH A "PREMIUM" FIGURE WITH THE CORRECT SILVER FINISH 6 MONTHS LATER...
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969833)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on August 7th, 2009 @ 6:01pm CDT
Oh man this is great, now I can buy him without having to get a second The Fallen.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969860)
Posted by It Is Him on August 7th, 2009 @ 6:51pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
It Is Him wrote:No twist ties? Fake.

I'm seeing twist ties around the hands and feet.

New glasses for It Is Him. Needed.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969897)
Posted by UDA on August 7th, 2009 @ 8:08pm CDT
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969949)
Posted by Tirade on August 7th, 2009 @ 9:37pm CDT
UDA wrote:Guys if you look close enough, you can see the tape from where it was repackaged. Complete and total fake....oh but god wouldn't it be nice.

Not sure where you are seeing the supposed tape. I don't see it (of course the tape could still be there).

And guys, there is a precedent for this type of packaging. Look at the Japanese Universe versions of Onslaught, Powerglide and Silverbolt. They were repaints sold in packaging that looked like the original American versions. Why can't that be the case here? I'm just not so convinced it's a fake here.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969954)
Posted by nemesis-prime on August 7th, 2009 @ 9:43pm CDT
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (969959)
Posted by Tirade on August 7th, 2009 @ 9:47pm CDT
nemesis-prime wrote:This is a fake you can see a thin white line abouve the blister bubble. It was lifted then re glued.

Yeah, I saw that too and thought it could be fake. However, I checked some online pictures regarding the Soundwave figure. I've seen that same line before now. Heck, some bubbles can take quite a beating in stores. I don't think that white line proves a whole lot.

edit: My bad. Wrong pic.
Re: RUMOR: Meeting at Nemesis Soundwave... Now Sold Separately? (970037)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 8th, 2009 @ 12:17am CDT
I hope this is true. This version looks so much better and i dont have the money to get the nemesis pack. Also im sure alot of others are hoping its real too since Soundwave seems to be the rarest figure from the line so far.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY