Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron

Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron

Sunday, August 5th, 2007 9:06pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 33,297

A few days ago we reported here regarding a Megatron Voyager class repaint.

Now, new pictures of a Metallic repainted Megatron Leader class have surfaced on AC Toys. It is unknown at this time whether or not this is an official figure, or a custom-made fan repaint. We will keep you posted with updates.

See the images by clicking here.

Pictures:
Photo #1

Photo #2

Photo #3

You can compare the repaint with the gallery for the original version of the Leader class Megatron figure by clicking here.

Credit(s): AC Toys, Cubicwang

Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265330)
Posted by yami4ct on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:13pm CDT
Damn. I may be buying this one as well. I'd wait 'till he goes on clearance. Does anyone else remember a VERY similar re-paint on e-bay a while back? Maybe it's just a fan re-paint.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265337)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:16pm CDT
Well we all knew that there would be plenty of repaints of figures.
The figure of Leader Megatron was always decent, it was the terrible paint scheme that ruined him for me, however this shiny new paint scheme looks very good.

Although I'd wager he will be a very hard figure to come by, Cybertron Galvatron was nigh impossible to find, I think it's the shiny factor.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265341)
Posted by Burn on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:17pm CDT
Here's hoping it's going to be an actual release.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265344)
Posted by bumblezzz on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:18pm CDT
I wish it was real but seeing that there will be a voyager metallic megs so it is a slight chance it is not a fan repaint!
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265349)
Posted by Bed Bugs on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:21pm CDT
I don't see how that would affect the release of a Metallic Leader Megatron.

We are getting 3 repaints total of Voyager Prime and 2 of Leader Prime.

We have 2 of Voyager Megatron and 1 of Leader Megatron.

Plenty of room for more Megatron's. :wink:
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265351)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:21pm CDT
Wish it has lots of crappy fake ice attached to it - NOT!!!
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265358)
Posted by Collector Maximus on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:26pm CDT
WOW, The silver does wonders for this figure! I did not buy leader Megs cause he looks kinda blah, but I would definitely buy this one.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265359)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:26pm CDT
I've seen(and posted) very similar custom repaints on Ebay for more than I can afford.

I do like this figure, however the lack of paint aps are disapointing.

I'm not a fan of repaints, but if this hits the shelves I will be picking him up!
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265363)
Posted by Skowl on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:30pm CDT
Looks alot like one of the custom repaints I saw on eBay awhile ago.

This is probably just the guy who won the auction, and he's taking photos of it to show everyone.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265366)
Posted by Wingsbr on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:32pm CDT
Maybe the original issue was the "frozen" version and the repaint is the "unthawed" which is what happened in the movie. I do say that it looks very detailed for a factory fresh hasbro figure so I'm kinda leaning towards fan paint job.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265375)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:38pm CDT
hmm. it looks good. but it does not look like a hasbro quality paint job. this figure is actually better. im guessing it is a fan repaint.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265387)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:46pm CDT
I think it is a fan repaint but hope it is a real release. I can see a little blackwash in there, and Hasbro rarely does that.

One can hope. If it does come out I will be getting it without a doubt.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265391)
Posted by Ragnorok64 on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:48pm CDT
If this is for real I'd definately pick him up. Dang i was hoping getting back into collecting Transformers wouldn't become a main hobby again but it's starting to move up and hedge in on my Star Wars Miniatures collecting, and my HDTV fund.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265392)
Posted by First-Aid on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:48pm CDT
Here's hoping...that metallic pain really helps to bring out the details of the copper undertones in his exoskeleton. Me likey!
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265401)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 5th, 2007 @ 9:52pm CDT
Just let me go on record by saying that if this is true, and we are to see a Metallic painted megatron given a Domestic release.. then this is the single Greatest repaint Hasbro has put on the Market, since the G-1 inspired repaint of Masterpiece Starscream... !!! I personally will buy every one of the repaints of Megatron, Prime, and all the other G-1 redecos.. Hasbro Recolor Ironhide!! in Red!!!
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265412)
Posted by Night~GONE on August 5th, 2007 @ 10:00pm CDT
Sory to burst your alls bubbles that has to be timshinn73 repaint just ask him looks exaclty like it.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265414)
Posted by Samsonator on August 5th, 2007 @ 10:02pm CDT
looks too good to be true, gotta be a custom job
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265415)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 5th, 2007 @ 10:04pm CDT
Now that id buy. Lets hope its not a custom and hasbro will make it. From the looks of it though it looks like a fan painted figure. I may buy leader megs and some model paint now.
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265423)
Posted by FlamingUnicron on August 5th, 2007 @ 10:12pm CDT
thats awsome...but if it does come out...DAMN U HASBRO...i just got megs a few days ago i would have totally waited if i knew this was coming out
Re: Rumor - Metallic Leader Class Megatron (265427)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on August 5th, 2007 @ 10:16pm CDT
I'm 99% sure this is a fan-repaint.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers vs GI Joe Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander GS Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY