(RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives

(RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives

Friday, August 24th, 2007 2:19pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors, Digital Media News, Collectables, Store News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 35,096

According to sources on the Allspark, it appears that the metallic RATCHET and MEGATRON repaints will be BEST BUY exclusives.

Need proof? How about pictures with a 'BEST BUY Exclusive' sticker on each package...

Metallic Ratchet and Megatron thumbnails located in first post of thread with stickers.

The going theory is that these may come out to help promote the movie's DVD sales in BEST BUY when it is released.

Seibertron.com Toy News, the latest information to satisfy your toy needs.

Credit(s): The Allspark

This article was last modified on Friday, August 24th, 2007 2:21pm CDT

Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304079)
Posted by First-Aid on August 24th, 2007 @ 2:22pm CDT
Best Buy? WHen did they start carrying toys?
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304080)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on August 24th, 2007 @ 2:23pm CDT
well thats...interesting

to say the least.

I demand a free megatron with dvd-purchase. No? half-price?
bah they'll probably be 2xthe cost of normal voyagers.
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304082)
Posted by Starscream on August 24th, 2007 @ 2:24pm CDT
Megatron looks awesome!

Every store wants a piece of the TF pie
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304083)
Posted by City Commander on August 24th, 2007 @ 2:24pm CDT
Maybe we'll see em in Wilkos UK then? :hope:
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304107)
Posted by Seibertron on August 24th, 2007 @ 2:36pm CDT
Wow ... now that's some awesome cross promotion. Actual TF toys at Best Buy. :D
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304110)
Posted by Cheetron on August 24th, 2007 @ 2:38pm CDT
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304133)
Posted by AutobotServo on August 24th, 2007 @ 2:57pm CDT
Best Buy? Man, I would've never guessed that one. Anyone know when they're coming out? With the DVD I presume? Whenever that is. I REALLY want that Megatron.
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304145)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 24th, 2007 @ 3:02pm CDT
Cheetron wrote:First exclusives at Target. 100 mile roundtrip. Now they might be at Best Buy? At least the good thing is it's in the same plaza as that Target. :P That and I don't like my Voy Megatron so I'll be saving on that.

Oooh, you're talking about Erie, PA...aren't you?

Heh. Erie's a crap shoot. Good luck.
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304152)
Posted by Freeload on August 24th, 2007 @ 3:05pm CDT
WTF about Europe ? Will we get anything ?
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304159)
Posted by softimus_prime on August 24th, 2007 @ 3:10pm CDT
aww.. that sucks in my are there is no bestbuy :-x
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304173)
Posted by The Chopnel on August 24th, 2007 @ 3:33pm CDT
Freeload wrote:WTF about Europe ? Will we get anything ?

Exclusives? in Europe? From Hasbro? :lol:
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304177)
Posted by chrisjbrandon on August 24th, 2007 @ 3:35pm CDT
Stickers look authentic enough...
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304179)
Posted by ultra tron on August 24th, 2007 @ 3:36pm CDT
Are they going to be released in the fall? i never figured best buy would do that?

I smell a big increase in the Price here
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304224)
Posted by Maju Garzett on August 24th, 2007 @ 4:01pm CDT
What... The... Fuck...

Best Buy? Next thing you know a metallic Arcee will come free with a pair of edible panties at Victoria's Secret.
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304230)
Posted by blkbitcloud1 on August 24th, 2007 @ 4:07pm CDT
All I like to know is WHEN!!!

blkbitcloud1
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304233)
Posted by autobot commander on August 24th, 2007 @ 4:10pm CDT
will it be avalible on the first day that the dvd is out
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304266)
Posted by Skowl on August 24th, 2007 @ 4:34pm CDT
Me like that Ratchet very much. I know the mold sucks, and looks next to nothing like the movie model, but at least the new metallic colours will look good, especially since I've passed on every movie Ratchet figure so far, and don't have any rendition of that character in my movie collection yet.
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304397)
Posted by Toyotus Superion on August 24th, 2007 @ 5:47pm CDT
Congrats TF! Once again you can be found outside of a toystore! It's like he 80's all over again!
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304402)
Posted by zatara1701 on August 24th, 2007 @ 5:52pm CDT
Best Buy actually had some exclusive "Legend Class" figures when the Transformers Video game came out. You got one free with a preorder... I used to work for Best Buy (lil bro still does) so its no surprise that my local store dropped the ball and ended up with a ton left over. My lil bro (29yo) picked up the a few that were left for a penny each.

Best Buy has done some cool stuff like this is the past... BUT, a word of warning. There are many geeks/nerds/fan boys, whatever you want to call us that work at Best Buy, and too often they stash stuff away. I'll be surprised if each Best Buy gets more than 20 units of these exclusives in (thats 10 each guys and gals).

If my bro can get me one I MIGHT have him grab me one, but to be honest, metallic repaints dont do much for me... I never even bothered with the "metallic" Robovision Prime, and I go for COOL over exclusive anyday. If my lil bro can hook me up, maybe I'll get a few to sell off on here...no promises though.
Re: (RUMOR) Metallic Megatron and Ratchet To Be 'Best Buy' Exclusives (304442)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on August 24th, 2007 @ 6:24pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Best Buy? WHen did they start carrying toys?

I saw them carry Final Fantasy VIII toys back when that game was out for the PS1 in 1999.

Seibertron wrote:Wow ... now that's some awesome cross promotion. Actual TF toys at Best Buy. :D

It would be awesome if it happens. Nothing new, since that's what I think happened with the FF8 figures I was talking about after my quote from First-Aid, but good cross promotion. I just don't remember if the FF8 figures were exclusives like the Megatron and Ratchet figures would be in this case.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY