Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming?

Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming?

Thursday, August 20th, 2009 11:19am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 35,891

Real Devastator has received word from a reliable friend from Hong Kong that informed him the toy merchants in China are currently taking pre-orders for a repaint of Universe Galvatron, although no colour scheme was mentioned. Another figure they are looking at is a chromed version of ROTF Ravage.

This is a rumour only as there aren't any images available, so take this as a pinch (or several pinches) of salt.

Credit(s): Real Devastator

This article was last modified on Thursday, August 20th, 2009 12:49pm CDT

Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978038)
Posted by Narc on August 20th, 2009 @ 11:28am CDT
Desert Camo? Urban Camo? Foliage? :grin:
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978049)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 20th, 2009 @ 11:47am CDT
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978051)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 20th, 2009 @ 11:49am CDT
either way i wont buy it. this mold sucks. it falls apart evey time i transform mine! its like painting a turd gold, it will be shiny but its still a turd.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978055)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:00pm CDT
As long as it doesn't look better than Henkei Galvatron, I don't care. If it does...I'll be slightly annoyed that I have to buy another version of this mold. :p
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978060)
Posted by Mkall on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:04pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:How about waiting until we have real evidence? A "reliable friend" is not exactly evidence, by far ;)

Hence why it's been classed as a rumour :P

Real Dev hasn't lead us wrong yet.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978064)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11pm CDT
oi, this is gonna be a tough one to guess. Warpath may be a guess, but I highly doubt it. It's probably gonna be a made up Decepticon like Heavy Load, or Blaster's new partner Blockrock. Or worse, they may make it MEGATRON!!! Yeah, your right, it aint gonna be Megs, but that'd be a good guess, just give him a Megs head. :???:
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978069)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:30pm CDT
Maybe it will be Armada Megatron.

At any rate, they should remold the Classic Blaster Megatron into someone. Shockwave, Sixshot, Treadshot. That mold is a little goofy but it holds together better than Galvatron.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978075)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:37pm CDT
Would be awesome if it where Megatron.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978076)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:38pm CDT
Maybe he'll be in his comic book colors.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978082)
Posted by Talous on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:43pm CDT
A repaint of this figure was bound to happen eventually. I liked the mold personally, though I don't think I would get a repaint of it.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978088)
Posted by Forgotten on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:53pm CDT
I'll buy it, I love that mold. I with they would have done a little better with the legs and wish it would have been Voyager/Ultra class triple changer like originally intended. But it's a great mold and was the perfect homage to 25 years of evil Transformers. And that's the first i've heard of the chrome ROTF Ravage. I'm definitely going to have to get that sucker(hope it's not a lucky draw). Hope it's just a store exclusive.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978093)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 20th, 2009 @ 12:59pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Hence why it's been classed as a rumour :P

Real Dev hasn't lead us wrong yet.

I've seen enough people claiming they have news, only to be find out they were lying. I'm not doubting Real Dev, just his friend :P
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978097)
Posted by dabattousai on August 20th, 2009 @ 1:09pm CDT
A repaint based on Galvatron II?
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978117)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 20th, 2009 @ 1:37pm CDT
I'm actually pretty interested in seeing a chromed repaint version of ROTF Ravage. :P
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978136)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 20th, 2009 @ 2:12pm CDT
Ill have to see the color before i decide to buy. The mold was cool but it was also a swift pain in the ass to transform. I dont know what to make of a silver ravage. And for all we know if this is true we might even see these in the US.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978139)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 20th, 2009 @ 2:21pm CDT
hmmm maybe he'll be a black and gray repaint..
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978141)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on August 20th, 2009 @ 2:25pm CDT
Chrome Ravage? :shock:

Might we have a second possible Premium on our hands? :idea:

Hope so! Hope his eye will be red, too, this time! :idea: He might come with Reedman, too! :-?

Ah well, if he's just chrome, then it's a must; glad I haven't picked the first one up! :)
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978152)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on August 20th, 2009 @ 3:02pm CDT
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978156)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on August 20th, 2009 @ 3:06pm CDT
Bleh...

I'm not sorry I bought U-Galvatron, it's just not good enough a figure to justify a repaint IMO. I've seen Doubledealer25's transforming issue (where it falls apart when transforming him) with mine. I'd rather see the original Galvatron reissued...

As for Ravage...I'm gonna try to pick up the old deco, which I know is out but I've only seen once (mostly because I haven't done that much looking for transformers lately). Just wanna wait till I've actually got the money to buy it before I do...

Powermaster Jazz wrote:I'm convinced we'll never get a better version of G1 Galvatron than the purple reissue....which is fine by me, cause he's one of my favorite toys.

My train of thought for the Galvatron reissue earlier is a US release of this, actually.
Re: Rumor - New Universe Galvatron and ROTF Ravage repaints coming? (978170)
Posted by Convotron on August 20th, 2009 @ 3:38pm CDT
Hmm, I wouldn't pick Universe Galvatron for a repaint. Galvatron is a mediocre figure at best. The transformation process is poorly designed. It feels like the designers were trying to make it more jumbled than it needed to be. The proportions are odd with the figure being 70% arms and legs, and the rest being the torso and tiny head. That being said, I don't hate it but it's a toy where the character concept has great potential for toy design and the designers missed the mark.

My main criticism of the mold is the fact that it's a Deluxe class mold rather than the Voyager class mold it should be. It's Galvatron! If it was redesigned for as a Voyager class figure, many of the issues would be resolved. I don't mind the tank alt mode but it's awfully mundane for the character whose original alt mode was a space cannon. Galvatron should either be a space cannon again or a Cybertronian tank rather than an "Earth" tank.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY