Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed

Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed

Thursday, September 8th, 2016 11:35pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 54,406

Seibertronians, today seems to be a day of random, unexpected Masterpiece rumors, and this seems to be no exception. Seibertronian Mindmaster has sent us what could possibly be an upcoming redeco of MP-10 Optimus Prime in his color scheme from the Shattered Glass continuity. The following image, revealed in a Facebook post from Planet Iacon (or Singapore Transformers Fans Unite!!), shows a scan from what appears to be an undisclosed Hasbro booklet detailing future releases, featuring the Alternate Universe Autobot.

Adding fuel to this rumor fire is another Facebook post, this time from Transformers Asia, saying that something is
"Coming this December
More information will follow soon"
This message is accompanied with a picture of the word "Shattered" over broken glass. Hmmmm...

Check out the image below!

Transformers News: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed

So what do you think? Is it legit? Is it a very convincing digibash? Are you excited to see Shattered Glass make an entrance into the Masterpiece line? Both of these rumors are coming from Asian sources, but it's rumored to be a Hasbro product. Do you think it will ever see a U.S. release? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

And, as always, keep your optics and audio sensors tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest and greatest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Planet Iacon, Transformers Asia

Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823061)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on September 9th, 2016 @ 12:09am CDT
Cool as it looks, I reeeeeaaaaaalllllly hope not. That would just open the floodgates of possibility for any character to get the Shattered Glass treatment. Ain't nobody got the coin for that.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823064)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 9th, 2016 @ 12:42am CDT
If it is a digibash then I fell the need to pay the person who made it. That is very convincing. If it's real, then I at least hope we'll get a Megatron. You cannot have one without the other.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823077)
Posted by RAR on September 9th, 2016 @ 3:05am CDT
He's nice - But I wonder if they have ever considered making the blue Cab Diaclone deco - complete with a Diaclone box and optional trailer stickers !

I do rather appreciate the KO for having till all are gone written on him. I do plan to eventually pick up the iGear one and the MP-10V SG if such a thing is produced too.

I would have bought the recent one but The QC is very poor on in so I need to see some more reviews and I believe there is another Factory doing one anyway.

The Bape's in Voyager form would be a delight too - I'll have to see if I can swing a source to get this - it really is a bit of a social embarrassment that I don't have a proper MP-01 or MP-10 at all of any colour... The joke being that I'd still likely buy the KO's over the real ones anyway as I think they are better decorated and I appreciate the larger and smaller size options.

I don't know if that Customiser who some how or other made Mini-MP-10 (like deluxe size or smaller) is ever going to get them manufactured or not.

Besides I still have a lot of AOE Optimus KO's to chase too (especially the little Deluxe/Voyager one & the Overscale of the Face swapping one).
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823086)
Posted by Kurona on September 9th, 2016 @ 4:05am CDT

Plus it means that characters that don't have an obvious redeco - like say, Jazz - to offset the production price mean they do have an obvious redeco now so they're more likely to be made. Bring it on tbh.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823089)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on September 9th, 2016 @ 4:25am CDT
I know somebody that needs this
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823097)
Posted by william-james88 on September 9th, 2016 @ 6:31am CDT
Looks like the back of a platinum box.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823098)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 9th, 2016 @ 6:33am CDT
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823099)
Posted by Kurona on September 9th, 2016 @ 6:40am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Interesting...but the only detail that suggests SG Prime is the broken window. Otherwise, it's just Prime with SG Prime's colors.

Yeah, he's unfortunately missing the scratched/dirty paint and the slapdash Autobot symbol.

Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823100)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 9th, 2016 @ 6:50am CDT
Kurona wrote:

Which makes me think it's just a very impressive custom or digibash...
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823101)
Posted by Kurona on September 9th, 2016 @ 6:53am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Which makes me think it's just a very impressive custom or digibash...

I'm not so sure; they sometimes skimp out on details like this. They even missed "til all are gone" which makes me sad...

Still, if this is true, there's always Reprolabels.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823104)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 9th, 2016 @ 7:50am CDT
I feel like including the trailer with this release would be overkill.

Edit: Though if they were going to include the trailer, that would have been a good place to apply the graffiti.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823108)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 9th, 2016 @ 8:06am CDT
Kurona wrote:I am so all for this. Not that I'd be able to afford this or any others any time soon, but it's still really cool.

Jazz has Stepper and a G2 deco, plus Zoom Zoom if you want to get obscure.

Which makes me wonder why they're taking so long on Jazz. Is it a licensing issue?
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823120)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on September 9th, 2016 @ 8:52am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:

Jazz has Stepper and a G2 deco, plus Zoom Zoom if you want to get obscure.

What's the deal with Jackpot? I know that he shared an animated mold with Jazz.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823121)
Posted by ScottyP on September 9th, 2016 @ 8:54am CDT

I'll always dare to keep all my dreams alive.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823124)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2016 @ 8:59am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Can't wait for a Megatron to go with this that uses the Energon Megatron design, opening the door to our new UT Masterpiece toy overlords.

I'll always dare to keep all my dreams alive.
If worse comes to worst, they could just reissue the original super-sized version of the Energon Megatron mold with a retooled head. I think that mold might scale well with the MP-10 mold.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823125)
Posted by MrBlack on September 9th, 2016 @ 9:01am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:

Jazz has Stepper and a G2 deco, plus Zoom Zoom if you want to get obscure.

Porsche is pretty weird about licensing; their exclusive video game licensing deal with EA is proof enough of that.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823131)
Posted by Big Grim on September 9th, 2016 @ 9:20am CDT
Well. This is an easy pass.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823148)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 9th, 2016 @ 10:21am CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:

Jazz has Stepper and a G2 deco, plus Zoom Zoom if you want to get obscure.

What's the deal with Jackpot? I know that he shared an animated mold with Jazz.

They could probably retool a Jackpot or Rad out of a Jazz mold.

Though they skipped a golden opportunity by not repainting Masterpiece Wheeljack into Slicer so I don't know what their feelings on Action Masters are?
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823151)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 9th, 2016 @ 10:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I'll always dare to keep all my dreams alive.

I'm pretty sure super-sized Energon Megatron is way too short. The MP-10 mold is a bit taller than CW Megatron, a modern leader class figure. By weight, Energon Megatron rivals a modern leader class figure, but he's denser, and has a lot more backpack.
Re: Rumor: Possible Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime Revealed (1823155)
Posted by Kurona on September 9th, 2016 @ 10:41am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:

Jazz has Stepper and a G2 deco, plus Zoom Zoom if you want to get obscure.

What's the deal with Jackpot? I know that he shared an animated mold with Jazz.

They could probably retool a Jackpot or Rad out of a Jazz mold.

I would say they didn't and don't do Action Masters because American fiction and toys that never existed over there... but then I remembered the very topic of this thread :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Target Exclusive Runabout" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots QUICKSHADOW BOULDER SPARES" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1986 G1 Decepticon Battlecharger Runabout Friction RIFLE Weapon EUC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY