Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue?

Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue?

Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 11:39am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 49,756

Seibertron.com member Counterpunch has discovered this thread over at ACToys showing off what looks to be production samples of the limb figures of the Seacons. They feature 1987 copyright stamps, but more modern "Not for Sale" stamps.

Could these be the first production samples for a reissue of the Seacons? Original prototypes now surfacing after 23 years? A Google Translation of the forum posts indicates the photographer is in the dark as much as we are currently, but Seibertron.com will have more information as it becomes available.

In the meantime, head on over to our galleries of Piranacon, Seawing, Tentakil, Nautilator, Skalor, Overbite, and the strangely absent SnapTrap.

Credit(s): Counterpunch, ACToys

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 12:11pm CDT

Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080796)
Posted by BattleRoller23 on June 1st, 2010 @ 11:44am CDT
Please be an American reissue..... :PRAY:
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080797)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 1st, 2010 @ 11:44am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Who's up for sushi?

Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080803)
Posted by It Is Him on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:00pm CDT
What's the deal with the different copyright stamps?
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080808)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:05pm CDT
DejaVu I remember hearing about a possible reissue of these a few years ago
either they were for tfcc or universe anyway they should do it
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080818)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:24pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:What's the deal with the different copyright stamps?

Design by Hasbro, mold by Takara. Simple as that. Note it says "1987" and Hasbro uses the old style logo, indicating the mold has not been updated ever since it was first used.
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080822)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:28pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
It Is Him wrote:What's the deal with the different copyright stamps?

The TFCC Seacons have the same datestamps, IIRC.
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080823)
Posted by HighPrime on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:30pm CDT
I hope this rumour becomes reality.. I've been holding out on picking up G1-colored Seacons simply because I've been anticipating a reissue :)
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080865)
Posted by Stockade on June 1st, 2010 @ 1:46pm CDT
Man! i hope this comes true, i was getting ready to piece together these sea monsters to have one of my favorite combiners. If this becomes reality, then i can place these on my waiting list next to Predacons and Sixshot!...
Oh wait wait...thats right i have a mint condition Sixshot on display, so no need for another one.... ;)
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080872)
Posted by Mkall on June 1st, 2010 @ 2:00pm CDT
Look for these next year folks ;)
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080899)
Posted by Overcracker on June 1st, 2010 @ 2:52pm CDT
It be awesome if Takara released them. Encore 20 anyone?
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080902)
Posted by Zeds on June 1st, 2010 @ 3:09pm CDT
Already drooling over the box art!
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080915)
Posted by Rated X on June 1st, 2010 @ 4:14pm CDT
Well Im fortunate to own the originals. And since this was one of the last figures I bought before my teens, it is in extremely great condition. I hope it is made available for all to enjoy. That is how it should be...straight up.

Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080932)
Posted by SJ21 on June 1st, 2010 @ 5:11pm CDT
I hope they do re release these guys. My brother and I had three of these guys growing up and we never did complete the set. I would love to get them now.
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080974)
Posted by Skyfire77 on June 1st, 2010 @ 7:38pm CDT
Well, I've already got them, but I'm still psyched.

Keep reissuing combiners! I want my (non-GPS afflicted) Monstructor! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1080978)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 1st, 2010 @ 7:53pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm a bit skeptic about this the colors on Overbite are off

Agreed, I am looking at mine and he is not pink.. He is purple (I have a complete G1 Piranacon on the shelf right next to my computer).
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1081112)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 2nd, 2010 @ 7:48am CDT
Meow is right! I've been thinking a reissue had to happen eventually since the TFCC figures were released. Hopefully this is exactly that. Although I am really hoping the colors get matched a little better to the originals. I'd also really like the "scales" painted on like the club figures. To me, that would rock, flat out.
:BOT:
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1081116)
Posted by Diem on June 2nd, 2010 @ 8:02am CDT
God Neptune, with lobster and all weapons please.

Whimsical Space Pirates > Underused moist mooks.
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1081159)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 2nd, 2010 @ 9:19am CDT
Diem wrote:God Neptune, with lobster and all weapons please.

Whimsical Space Pirates > Underused moist mooks.

I'm with Diem on this... Wait, what's a mook?
Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1081162)
Posted by Diem on June 2nd, 2010 @ 9:25am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Diem wrote:God Neptune, with lobster and all weapons please.

Whimsical Space Pirates > Underused moist mooks.

I'm with Diem on this... Wait, what's a mook?

Re: Rumor: Possible Seacons Reissue? (1081168)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 2nd, 2010 @ 9:31am CDT
Diem wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Diem wrote:God Neptune, with lobster and all weapons please.

Whimsical Space Pirates > Underused moist mooks.

I'm with Diem on this... Wait, what's a mook?

Gotcha. I don't really like drones unless they have a "general" like in Beast Machines.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY