Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela?

Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela?

Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 7:36pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors, People News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 67,596

The smoke has yet to settle as the rumor mill is still at work tonight. Hot on the heels of our news concerning Megan Fox's supposed departure from Transformers 3, The Wrap has got an exclusive - focusing on which actress that will be replacing Fox as Mikaela. The front runner is Gemma Arterton, the lead actress from the upcoming 2010 film, Prince of Persia. She was also one of James Bond's squeezes in Quantum of Solice. Arterton is followed by Bar Rafaeli, Miranda Kerr and Brooklyn Decker as possible replacements. Feel free to check out the rest of the article here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): The Wrap

Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076229)
Posted by Blurrz on May 19th, 2010 @ 7:39pm CDT
I wish it was Gemma Atkinson instead of Miss Arterton...
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076231)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on May 19th, 2010 @ 7:40pm CDT
Mikaela lives?
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076237)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 19th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CDT
Ok, I know this may sound stupid, but will the new actress be Mikaela, or will she be a new love interest? What will be the background for Mikaela's mysterious departure? Only time will tell. :lol: :-? :???:
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076240)
Posted by Blurrz on May 19th, 2010 @ 7:47pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:What will be the background for Mikaela's mysterious departure? Only time will tell. :lol: :-? :???:

The new actress will be Mikaela. The Mummy did it, Dark Knight did it, and even Iron Man did it for Rhodes. New actors/actresses that play the same character are common ground in movies.

As long as she's a hot brunette with a nice rack I'm not going to complain.
:KREMZEEK:
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076242)
Posted by Zeds on May 19th, 2010 @ 7:48pm CDT
They should give the role to Rachael Taylor II who played Maggie Madsen in the 1st film. Now there is an actress with brains (as portrayed) and looks who can act.

Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076244)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on May 19th, 2010 @ 7:53pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:As long as she's a hot brunette with a nice rack I'm not going to complain.
:KREMZEEK:

I concur.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076253)
Posted by DavidT on May 19th, 2010 @ 8:15pm CDT
Also, about 10 minutes before this thread was started, I had posted in the Megan Fired thread, that slashfilm.com had this information on Gemma Arterton:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/19/let ... -interest/

Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076255)
Posted by Dinobot Prime on May 19th, 2010 @ 8:24pm CDT

I think Fox will be back, and this is either more of Bay's misinformation or a rumour generated from an unreliable source.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076261)
Posted by tobuttica on May 19th, 2010 @ 8:42pm CDT
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076264)
Posted by DavidT on May 19th, 2010 @ 8:46pm CDT
tobuttica wrote:I hope it's not Arterton. Her face is almost as annoying as Fox's. Let's hope that it's a good looking chick with great acting skills and normal thumbs.

Funny you should say that... cause I'm pretty sure this is a re-cast of Mikaela, not a new character... they want someone who is somewhat similar in looks to play the part...

Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076270)
Posted by 0ptimus Prime on May 19th, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
Dinobot Prime wrote:I call shenanigans. I think these are all nothing but rumours, as the suggested names are all too big of names. It reads more like a fanboy's wishlist than an actual casting list.

This is what I'm thinking too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all true either, but it sounds like Michael Bay hijinks to me to get people talking about the movie before anything real has gotten loose.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076274)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:02pm CDT
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076275)
Posted by DavidT on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:10pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Eeeughh, if they wanted to recast her, they should have done it in the second movie. I dunno, I always got the feeling that Bay prefered to work with people who just did what he said without questioning him. This change in cast seems to be timed just after Fox said something about wanting to input some of her own ideas, such as not being so tanned. I bet if he thought he could get away with it, he'd send Shia packing too.

Doubtful... all I've ever read and heard from Shia and Bay is that they enjoy working with each other, respect each other, and they have good professional chemistry on the set...
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076283)
Posted by Badass Grimlock on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:25pm CDT

I'm guessing she moves halfway across the country. Sorry, just brainstorming.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076286)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:34pm CDT
According to Nelson over on the DonMurphy.net boards, the new love interest will NOT be Mikaela. She will be a completely different character. TheWrap.com also says she will be a NEW love interest.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076287)
Posted by God Magnus on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:37pm CDT

I thought I was the only one who was creeped-out by her thumbs.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076289)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:42pm CDT
I can find it easier to believe the actress for Mikaela's character is being replaced. But not to replace the character completely.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076294)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:58pm CDT
Well, my little invested interest in this film has just been cut in half. No Megan means I'm not going to be too pressed to see this film, may even just wait till it premieres on HBO.

Ah, 3rd movie films in franchises are sensitive matters. And I'm not too hot about their choosen replacement, I wasn't too impressed with her work on Titans or Bond, and pairing her with Shia just feels too much like....courgar-ville. I'm not even sure if there is a significant age difference. But seeing her already paired with full grown men in other roles and then thrown in with Shia....who doesn't have the poise of being fully grown just yet....just strikes me as icky for a Transformers film.

Honestly, as much as i like eye candy they should just drop the character if they are serious and skip the love interest thing all together. As much as replacing co-actors is common in film franchises, it's rarely successful. Iron Man 2 and the Dark Knight were good at it because the chemistry between the two characters wasn't really founded (Tony and Rhodes) to where we didn't mind or outstanding elements were in play (Batman Begins, Heath Ledger passing).

Aw well, still luv ya Megan!
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076298)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 19th, 2010 @ 10:07pm CDT
Uhh...not that Megan Fox is all that impressive to me, but removing her from the movie is a pretty stupid move....

CONTINUITY ERRORS!

Seriously, writing out a "main" character that isn't Leo is just....not smart...
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 - Who Will Play Mikaela? (1076300)
Posted by DavidT on May 19th, 2010 @ 10:12pm CDT
Based on the fact that I can see similarities that favor Fox in all the women considered for the part, I would say it's a re-cast... I think they are throwing misinformation in with Fox leaving, possibly doing it on purpose cause of opportunity, a new "love interest" seems like misinformation thrown in, cause it'll take up too much of the movie to explain and build up a relationship with someone new... take a look at these pics and tell me I don't have a legitimate reason to believe it's a re-cast.... remember, they can use hair coloring

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon #5 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Tentakill Tomy Takara Piranacon Seacon #6" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Galvatron Vector Prime + Mini-cons Payload Ascent" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY