Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases

Transformers News: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 6:59am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 139,971

Good news for those of you who have been disappointed by the lack of Leader Class Decepticons in the Transformers Dark of the Moon toy line. The latest word from our anonymous inside sources indicates that two Decepticons will be joining the Leader Class ranks in early 2012. Drum roll please........

Making this third Leader Class appearance in the movie franchise toy line
  • Megatron

and making his Leader Class debut
  • Shockwave

While these have not been officially confirmed, the source of this information has proven very reliable in the past.

Credit(s): anonymous

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262615)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:17am CDT
I was unable to post my response for five minutes because I was on the floor with foam dripping out my mouth. God has heard my prayers! :PRAY: :BOWDOWN:
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262617)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:18am CDT
Well, my DOTM purchase list has just expanded by two.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262619)
Posted by spykewitwiky on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:19am CDT
I hope Megatron gets a cloth hood and his shotgun.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262620)
Posted by monarch420 on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:23am CDT
I am so freaking happy finally 2 cool things actually happen.... Hasbro wants to keep their profit margins high in 2012 even after the movies cooled, very smart we all want these, Hasbro you are nice again....and I just read that more Gens in Nov. with repacked Warpaths, BS, and Junkion...I now want to dance.

Hasbro don't let me down homiez!!!!!!!! :D :APPLAUSE:
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262621)
Posted by Xterminator on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:25am CDT
Awesome ! If true, both are must-haves. But I personally wasn't expecting a Leader Shockwave: I thought Hasbro would just retool Leader Starscream with a MechTech weapon.

I only hope Megatron's truck mode is made in a decent scale with Ultimate Prime's truck cabin.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262625)
Posted by RhA on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:40am CDT
Glad I held out on Shockwave, a little peeved 'bout my voyager Megs. Overall; a happy dork.

Now for my victorydance.

♪V-V- Vic-a-tory♪
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262627)
Posted by Rycher Prime on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:42am CDT
But what about a Leader Class Optimus Prime? :BOT:
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262629)
Posted by RhA on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:46am CDT
Rycher Prime wrote:But what about a Leader Class Optimus Prime? :BOT:

It's a tough call improving on ROTF Prime. And really, you'd like another Prime?
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262630)
Posted by Rycher Prime on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:49am CDT
RhA wrote:
Rycher Prime wrote:But what about a Leader Class Optimus Prime? :BOT:

I would like another one.Specially if it looked screen accurate to how he looked in the third movie.What can I say.I'm just a collector and a huge fan of Optimus Prime.Specially the movie one.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262631)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:50am CDT
oh happy days, first prime ss is declared awesome by peaugh, generations make a return ( which is good since i NEED wheeljack), and now this!, but, it is probably too good to be true. these will probably suck. if they don't then this will be a turning stone for hasbro and i might start believing in them again.
and about those generations coming back does that include rumble and frenzy?
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262634)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:51am CDT
RhA wrote:
Rycher Prime wrote:But what about a Leader Class Optimus Prime? :BOT:

Totally agree with you on this one. ROTF prime is already awesome enough and DOTM prime barely have any changes.I think they would probably just retool the chest even if they plan on releasing one.

ZOMG !!! AWESOMEEE !!!! DOTM Megs will be a MUST-BUY !!! Let's just hope he is quite in-scale with leader prime's truck. Cause if he comes with the tanker he might have the small-long syndrome like Voyager Megs did >.<...

Shockwave...Well aslong as they dont made him the same alt mode as the Voyager I am all in. If he comes in the same weird tank mode...Total pass. Let's hope they release him in a cool alt mode :D. I dont really mind the Cybertronian part but atleast made him look like something at Earth.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262635)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:54am CDT
The big question about Megatron: will his trailer transform as part of his robot mode, like the Voyager, or will it be separate, e.g. a base mode? Will he even come with a trailer? Will he scale w/ ROTF Leader Optimus?

EDIT- As for a DOTM Leader Optimus, he could come with his hand-held sword and axe, along w/ maybe a new gun or 2, in addition to the re-molded parts. *shrug*
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262636)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:56am CDT
CrimsonPrime wrote:
RhA wrote:
Rycher Prime wrote:But what about a Leader Class Optimus Prime? :BOT:

i disagree, you can never have enough OPTIMUS PRIMES! :BOT:
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262640)
Posted by omega666 on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:14am CDT
Make them like Leader Bumblebee, with NO electronics on the actual figure...ok maybe Shockwave can have one for his laser arm. :)
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262644)
Posted by dirk2243 on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:19am CDT
Just let Megatrons head be better.......oh, and how bout a shotgun?
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262649)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:23am CDT
I still wouldn't mind a repaint of Leader class Starscream, maybe as one of the other seekers.

I also hope they eventually do a toy of Shockwave's Driller.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262656)
Posted by D-340 on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:31am CDT
Hmmmmmm.......... I'd have to see pics first. I'm more than happy with my Voyager Megatron and Shockwave. Don't understand why Shockwave deserves a leader anyway, he did next to nothing in the movie.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262658)
Posted by WolfDawg on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:33am CDT
Glad I held off on buying Voyager Megatron. I had a feeling there'd be an eventual release of a Leader Class version. Shockwave surprises me though. I really like the character, but the Voyager mold is good enough for me. That Leader Class version will really have to wow me.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262660)
Posted by Autobot Firestorm on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:35am CDT
RhA wrote:
Rycher Prime wrote:But what about a Leader Class Optimus Prime? :BOT:

If they go with DOTM Prime (and I'm sure they will) I just hope its nothing compared to the ROTF Buster Prime I dropped serious $$$ on. I hope its loaded with cheesy gray plastic like DOTM Deluxe Sideswipe.
Re: Rumor: Upcoming Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Releases (1262664)
Posted by ashe5k on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:39am CDT
Wonder what the case assortment will be like? They do come two in a case right?

I don't think the stores around here could handle MORE Bumblebee leader class. I counted 9 of Bee and none of Sentinel or Ironhide my last visit to Wal-Mart.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction AOE - JUNKHEAP Claw Crush Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CROSSHAIRS Action Figure Power Punch Age Extinction NEW Green USA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hero Mashers Electronic Grimlock Hasbro 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Steeljaw MIP 917" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers- BEAST HUNTERS-Hero Mashers Soundwave Action Figure Hasbro 6" +++++" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD25 Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen HFTD Scout Class Hubcap complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class ASTROTRAIN Figure Complete" on EBAY