RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July"

RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July"

Thursday, July 12th, 2007 9:21pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Store News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 17,139

Our own QuietStorm has reported a rumor about an upcoming sale at Wal-Mart. Here is what QuietStorm reported:

"One of the local Hasbro marketing retailers told me that starting tomorrow, Wal*Mart will be doing a special sale in their toys entitled "Christmas In July." Apparently, after talking to Mr. Vergatos, Hasbro marketing retailer, the sale is going to roll out a lot of newer Transformers toys. He didn't say whether or not they'd be movie toys or Classics or what, but he did say that the sale would start on July 13th, and that we'd likely be seeing the new toys on shelves around next Monday or Tuesday officially.

I don't know if this is a nationwide Wal*Mart program, or just something special here in Denver, Colorado. But I figured I'd pass this on. So maybe if you're out and about, check out Wal*Mart and look for these new Transformers toys!"

Credit(s): QuietStorm

Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217746)
Posted by DvDqNoC on July 12th, 2007 @ 9:23pm CDT
What? New toys tomorrow? Or new toys on Mon or Tue? I'm confused here...
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217747)
Posted by Hotrod on July 12th, 2007 @ 9:23pm CDT
Front paged and credited.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217751)
Posted by sparty2304 on July 12th, 2007 @ 9:24pm CDT
Didnt we see not to long ago something about Xmas displays in walmart stores?
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217774)
Posted by Decatron on July 12th, 2007 @ 9:36pm CDT
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217787)
Posted by marvelp14 on July 12th, 2007 @ 9:45pm CDT
damnitmikey wrote:Well I have time off tomorrow and monday, so thanks for the heads up! I have three of them to hit up.

I got all of Fla to go to !!!!
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217808)
Posted by Decatron on July 12th, 2007 @ 9:55pm CDT
marvelp14 wrote:

I got all of Fla to go to !!!!

You must have alot of free time and gas money :-P
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217816)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on July 12th, 2007 @ 9:59pm CDT
here's keeping my fingers crossed for an 08 BB and Arcee.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217849)
Posted by marvelp14 on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:15pm CDT
damnitmikey wrote:
marvelp14 wrote:

I got all of Fla to go to !!!!

You must have alot of free time and gas money :-P
Yeah I do I'm 16 and my parents and bro drive me I'll I do is pay for my Transformers .
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217855)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:20pm CDT
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:here's keeping my fingers crossed for an 08 BB and Arcee.

and that the sale is nationwide.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217886)
Posted by Vega on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:34pm CDT
This does not surprise me. All of the Wal-Marts in my area start stocking new items for Christmas during the summer. (Although they usually do it in August.) If I can, I will check Wal-Mart tomorrow.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217892)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:37pm CDT
Interesting. I may stop by a walmart on monday any way so ill check it out.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217917)
Posted by jaws on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:47pm CDT
Sweet, I was going to Wal*Mart tomorrow to do some other shopping.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217919)
Posted by Real One on July 12th, 2007 @ 10:48pm CDT
I heard about this last week but I think its only at participating Walmarts. :-(

I think Colorado is a sure bet for this though.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217977)
Posted by Basketball Jones on July 12th, 2007 @ 11:14pm CDT
The new Classics are for Fall 2008, not 2007. They haven't even been designed yet.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (217993)
Posted by Railspike on July 12th, 2007 @ 11:18pm CDT
I work at Wal*Mart and I haven't seen any evidence that such a sale is coming, unless O/N radically changes up toys. Our front gondola's are filled with pool supplies right now.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (218262)
Posted by SnipeShade on July 13th, 2007 @ 4:27am CDT
ugh... Curse you Wal Mart. I never shop there... but if they have rare toys... Dammit it all. hehe
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (218327)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 13th, 2007 @ 5:43am CDT
I doubt the entire chain will have this sale, though I've been incorrect before.

I think it's a miscommunication about the shipment date of the new waves of TFs.

July 14th according to BBTS (and they're usually quite reliable on things like this.) along with someone's run in with a manager at K-Mart.

And July 20th according to Digital Toys. (Mike Stefanik is 100% reliable.)

So looks like we'll be getting two shipments this coming week.

I'd say by August, we'll see saturation of the Arcee/Bumblebee/Dreadwing wave of Deluxes, and the Blackout/Frenzy/Megatron wave of FABs. (I've noticed that the Decepticon FABs aren't a big seller around here, so an entire line up of 'em for the new wave...)
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (218330)
Posted by Bonger on July 13th, 2007 @ 5:46am CDT
Same here, the FABs are warming shelves along with the Leader class in Mass. Not that I'm shocked. I passed on the FABs myself for already discussed reasons.

I'll check out a couple of Walmars in Mass and RI today and see if anything is up.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (218333)
Posted by Skywarp83 on July 13th, 2007 @ 5:49am CDT
I am there for sure. Hope they have the 08bumble and i still need a megatron. I found pink Arcee and blue Arcee last night at target. They finally restocked, So i found her and i also found Blackout which i couldnt find for weeks.
Re: RUMOR: Wal*Mart Special TF Sale - "Christmas In July" (218583)
Posted by *RATBAT* on July 13th, 2007 @ 9:43am CDT
I was just in my local Tampa Bay, FL Wal-Mart this morning. They looked as cleaned out as ever. Maybe they are just making room? :roll:

I guess I'll believe the sale when I see it. My area kinda sucks for getting anything in a timely fashion. BBTS I find to be pretty accurate on toy release news.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G19 Hunter ratchet" on EBAY