RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed

RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed

Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 12:29pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 58,764

Fellow Seibertronian Tyrannacon has dropped in a link from JoBlo.com concerning a number of Transformers: The Last Knight casting and plot points. As far as we know, a lot of this is speculation and rumour, but the source has proven itself correct during Age of Extinction, so there may be fair grounds to talk about here! Find below a summary of the key points, and head here for the full piece.

If, and it's a fairly big if, any of this is true, we do have to warn you about the spoiler nature of the post! So have a buffer first.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
?

• Optimus Prime is headed for Cybertron, and will have to revive it using an artifact
  • Artifact has something to do with Merlin (from King Arthur lore), magic and Transformers
  • Bumblebee is now in a leadership role on Earth
  • Hound, Crosshairs, and Drift are returning and are based in South Dakota
  • Also returning are Dinobots, plus... "mini-dinobots" (??)
  • Three new Transformers characters will feature, with a generic British background/accent: The Creator, an Aston Martin Cogman, a Vespa Squeaks
  • Megatron will be back as a jet fighter

Will Anthony Hopkins voice one of the three new characters? Is he The Creator? Does the sword in the new title logo the artifact? How much science-is-magic will we see? Speculate away in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): JoBlo.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 12:50pm CDT

Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797662)
Posted by Bronzewolf on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:41pm CDT
Oh god yes Aston Martin transformer. Sign me the hell up. :-D
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797663)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:43pm CDT
Having read the article, it makes me think a couple things:

1) Will they actually remember that Cybertron appeared in Dark of the Moon and that part of it was amputated by the Space Bridge? Is that why it's dead, or was it already dead and Prime had something to do with that initially and the space bridge simply clipped some of the corpse off?

2) don't forget folks initial names are hardly any indication of the real name. Topspin was initially named Temptest; another wrecker Warpath; Crosshairs was Slingshot (the shite that was raised over that for a while).

3) I hope Bee's leadership has improved. He also really needs his voice (oh how RiD spoils us)

4) baby dinobots? Slash is finally making his appearance?

5) Megatron (argh Galvatron) is a jet again (jet, triple changing tank/jet, rusty tanker truck, gorgeous new cab over truck, jet). Stick with an alt mode please!!

6) British mythology and magic. YEEESSSSSSS
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797665)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:49pm CDT
Looking forward to that jet fighter megatron toy :)
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797672)
Posted by Tyrannacon on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:01pm CDT
Personally I was hoping Megatron's alt-mode would be a tank or flying tank of doom like in RotF, but the jet idea works...again. I'm just happy he's back though.

I was also kind of hoping Anthony Hopkins would be voicing an incarnation Unicron too, I mean it was a wish. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Thanks for the news credit guys. Much appreciated. :)
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797673)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:05pm CDT
I bet the Artifact is Prime's sword from AOE! Think about it, British mythology, sword in the stone, and Optimus recovered that sword in a very "Sword in the stone" fashion. Good to possibly see Bee in more of a leadership role!
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797682)
Posted by Va'al on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:34pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:Thanks for the news credit guys. Much appreciated. :)

Thank you for the news!
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797702)
Posted by Whifflefire on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
If Megatron is back, then what happens with Galvatron?
I was looking forward to him being the new big bad of this trilogy.
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797708)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:19pm CDT
So we're getting a mute as the :BOT: leader... way to screw the movie over prematurely :roll:

Wonder if Anthony Hopkins will voice 'Bee :lol:

Maybe the revival device will bring back 'Bee's voice a'la Prime :PRAY:

Or maybe they're conditioning us to put up with 'Bee's insufferable non-voice to prepare us for the solo 'Bee movie where he won't talk for 3 hours [-(

Maybe Sqeaks will be the :CON: Hippie van, that would be hilarious, hope it's a more lovable/adorable character if so :lol:
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797723)
Posted by Bleak5170 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:43pm CDT
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797726)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
Bleak5170 wrote:If any of that ends up being accurate this could be even worse than Age of Extinction, (which was easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life).

I still find ROTF and DOTM worse than Age of Extinction. At least I could tell what was going on with the action. Those other 2 are a blur.
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797730)
Posted by Madeus Prime on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:56pm CDT

I smell another Deus ex Machina to add to the steaming pile.

Hm, let me guess, magic sword...and Merlin was a Pretender
Bumblebee is now in a leadership role on Earth

Oh god we're going to have even more toys...
Hound, Crosshairs, and Drift are returning and are based in South Dakota

Oh jeez, I was hoping Hound would be the only returning cast member...
Also returning are Dinobots, plus... "mini-dinobots" (??)

Kill me, just, kill me.

Creator? Cogman? Squeaks? Wow, those are some crappy names. On the plus side, an Aston Martin Transformer will be cool, not that he'll get much attention.
Megatron will be back as a jet fighter

Why can't he just pick a dumb form and stick with it? It works for every other character...
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797731)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah, plus, I found the narrative's for both rotf and dotm kind of a sloppy mess; at least aoe had a contiguous narrative
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797732)
Posted by Nightblade09 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
1. Not happy about an autobot transforming into a vespa.
2. The Aston Martin autobot is very much cool.
3. Not a very big fan of the story but let's see what unfolds.
4. Bumblebee as leader is ok as long as he takes the autobots for some cool showdowns with decepticons, not just sounds and explosions.
5. Megatron being a jet is very well, just Want him to be the center of the plot, not any artifact or whatsoever.
6. Need some prominent decepticons. Since barricade is returning, more named ones should join him, not drone robots.
7. Just wanted to know what's the courtesy for such news to joblo, from where this comes?
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797737)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:03pm CDT
Nightblade09 wrote:Just wanted to know what's the courtesy for such news to joblo, from where this comes?

Not entirely sure what you're asking, if it was for their source, they likely won't say, as it's probably illegal to have leaked these things to them (if indeed any of it is true)
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797745)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:10pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:

I smell another Deus ex Machina to add to the steaming pile.

Hm, let me guess, magic sword...and Merlin was a Pretender

:lol: I loved reading your post. And yeah, another film, another mguffin. And I still cant beleive that Megatron/Galvatron has been present in all the films so far but gets relegated to being a side character everytime.

Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah and it also showcased the bots a lot more. Optimus truly felt like the main character in that one instead of it being a human.
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797751)
Posted by JazZeke on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:22pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Oh jeez, I was hoping Hound would be the only returning cast member...

Ugh, I freakin' hated Hound. Don't get me wrong, John Goodman was an inspired choice for a Transformer voice, but I'm pretty sure his dialogue was them just taping John Goodman on a drinking bender. It's nonsensical even by these movies' low standards.
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797752)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:22pm CDT
I'm happy that crosshairs and drift are coming back, I hope they both get more development. I'm curious about the mini dinobots too, hopefully it translates to legends sized dinobot toys.
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797768)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:38pm CDT
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797784)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 14th, 2016 @ 4:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:If anyone is scared about more Bumblebee toys, just wait till we get the tie in toys for the BUmblebee movie spinoff.

Bring em on! I can't wait.
Re: RUMORS / SPOILERS - Transformers: The Last Knight Possible Plot Points Revealed (1797805)
Posted by Gunmetal on June 14th, 2016 @ 5:24pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Bring em on! I can't wait.
I don't usually collect the movie line... they can all be Bumblebee for all it matters to me. :twisted: What's it been... 3 years... since the last BB in Generations?

I keep hearing folks talk about Galvatron disappearing or changing back into Megatron. Am I the only one that thinks Megatron might be resurrected from his old head and the two villains will exist together?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY