Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode?

Transformers News: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode?

Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 5:41AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 28,145

So this is still very much a rumour at this junction, but two of our fellow Seibertron users, TFanPage101 and Cyberpath have shared with us a rumour first circulated on the TFW2005 boards by a user over there by the name of TTEmploy

The rumour states that the masterpiece following MP-44 will be none other than a new version of Bumblebee, with a robot mode closely resembling the G1 animation model and with an Alt mode to match the chibifed cartoon model which was done to match the original G1 toy.

The rumour also gives a run down on what he'll include and a Japanese price as well as his release date. These details are included in the original and subsequent posts. He also states that preorders will open on the twelfth of February. Apparently included is the figure itself, a Spike figure, two different faces, a gun effect part, a numberplate, seal and instructions.

Prehaps as proof to these claims, or as a reaction to the rumour, the TagHobby website created a listing for the figure, with matching details.

Here is what the listing says:

[BREAK NEWS]

TAKARATOMY於2019年9月推出變形金剛 MASTER PIECE系列 MP45 大黃蜂 Ver.2,暫時知道附有人偶Figure、武器及Effect部件,售價達日圓13,000(未含稅),會有什麼新玩法,留意我們日後報導。

TAGHOBBY get the updated news!! TAKARATOMY will release the TRANSFORMERS Master Piece Series MP45 Blublebee Ver.2.0 in Sep 2019. It include figure, weapon and effect part. We are very surprise for the price of ver.2.0 is 13,000Yen(Not included tax).

No source is given on the TagHobby site.

So again, it must be stressed that this is all rumours currently.

Till then why not have a look at Seibertron's own gallery of MP-21 Bumblebee to see the old version or check out a top 5 list of non-movie Bumblebee toys as compiled by several Seibertron.com users:

Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Gallery

Top Five Non-Movie Bumblebee Toys

What do you think of this? Would you pick up a new Bumblebee? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): TFanPage101 and Cyberpath from Seibertron, TTEmploy from TFW2005, TagHobby.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008208)
Posted by Beachjezus on February 5th, 2019 @ 5:52am CST
Yikes

It’s like Masterpiece has rebooted with insane prices. And your next masterpiece is New Seekers. Just my prediction.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008209)
Posted by Randomhero on February 5th, 2019 @ 5:58am CST
I think the picture of original MP Bee’s face says it all and is everyone’s face with this news.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008210)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 5th, 2019 @ 6:00am CST
This is so pathetic it hurts; we've really come full circle here, haven't we, now it seems that all the old mp's are being made unofficially invalid because they aren't 'cartoon' enough. Can't wait for the price to be revealed to be $200 due to how many panels they had to use to get him to look that terrible; so to summarize my thoughts:

Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008211)
Posted by Black Hat on February 5th, 2019 @ 6:10am CST
MP Bumblebee 2.0? Really?

I mean, I guess the actually good one will come down in price on the aftermarket, but I couldn't think of a less necessary "remake" in the MP line if I tried. The Seekers? Yeah, the current mold is awful, they deserve a remake (albeit not how they'll probably end up, costing £300 a piece and taking three years to transform for the sake of """"accuracy""""). Sideswipe? I guess, he was the first MP car bot I suppose, though without going on a long rant all he really needs is better ankle and elbow articulation (the latter could be accomplished with a very basic retool) and IMO he'd be fine, you can even finagle a decent ab crunch out of his transformation joint. But...Bumblebee? I mean, if him turning into a realistic VW Beetle as oppose to a penny racer really activates your almonds, I guess, but honestly I always thought the fact he goes from an accurate Beetle into a pretty spot-on G1 Bumblebee with minimal kibbly bits and a sensible transformation is a selling point in itself.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008213)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 5th, 2019 @ 6:24am CST
It does seem really unnecessary to me, especially since there is still others to do (imagine how much a masterpiece triple changing Astrotrain would cost...)
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008217)
Posted by mentre83 on February 5th, 2019 @ 6:36am CST
I'm not into cartoon-accurate toys very much, as I prefer the additional detail of the first MPs. So for me, should this rumor be true, this is a "no".

Still, a chibi Bumblebee might mean finally getting MP Cliffjumper.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008218)
Posted by ThunderThruster on February 5th, 2019 @ 6:40am CST
Really? How about finishing off the rest of the Ark crew before hitting the reset/reboot/redo button on characters that already ready have decent representation!
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008219)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 5th, 2019 @ 6:58am CST
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008221)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 5th, 2019 @ 7:16am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:I legitimately feel bad for mp collectors; the line (once meant to be coherent) has been pseudo rebooted so many times, having the cast even look like they belong together is now impossible :(

I disagree!

(Tracks is on the desk atm.)

Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008222)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 5th, 2019 @ 7:19am CST
Cyberpath wrote:

I disagree!

(Tracks is on the desk atm.)

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe just look so perfect with each other. I love how they all look together. I guess a new MP Bee will be nice, but I'm trying to get the original, since I found the beautiful G2 version for 40$
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008225)
Posted by carytheone on February 5th, 2019 @ 7:28am CST
So you're saying MP Bee 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt-mode, but all I'm hearing is toy accurate alt-mode. ;)^ I don't like the toon aesthetic direction the MP line is going, but I'd buy the fuck out of any SD BeetleBee you slap in front of me. The real world alt-mode of the current MP Bee bugs me.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008226)
Posted by frogbat on February 5th, 2019 @ 7:30am CST
yeah think since mp10 - most figures are pretty much compatible in spite of some changes in the focus for the aesthetic (authentic vehicles vs the cartoon accuracy). Thing is at the end of the day, I personally think that cartoon accuracy has been the main objective for a long time. It's just that engineering has come to the point where Takara are getting closer and closer.

My main issue isn't the fact they're revisiting bumblebee, it's more that I'd rather have them finish the season 1 and two characters off or if they have to re visit a character, they should pick the seekers.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008227)
Posted by Randomhero on February 5th, 2019 @ 7:31am CST

It is a choice to buy this stuff. No one forced anyone to replace anything. Even after 13 years some
People still prefer classics Prime over all the other GHUG iterations and there are plenty who still prefer MP-01 over MP-10 and MP-44.

Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008228)
Posted by BW Megatron on February 5th, 2019 @ 7:35am CST
What happened to Masterpiece Hound? Did Takara forget about it?
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008230)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 5th, 2019 @ 7:42am CST
So the concerns I've expressed elsewhere of parallels between He-Man and Transformers continue, as the MP line pursues the same Demake line that the He-Man Classics Collection is currently churning out IE Repeating pre-existing figures. Yet of inferior quality and more expensive.
Seriously, to the G1 Collectors out there you have my sympathy. You're never getting beyond Season One in the Masterpiece Collection, not through Takara anyway.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008233)
Posted by ScottyP on February 5th, 2019 @ 8:03am CST

Worth noting that if this info is true, MP-45 would be almost double the price of those unlicensed options at MSRP so surely the parts count would allow for some magic even with penny car proportions.

BW Megatron wrote:What happened to Masterpiece Hound? Did Takara forget about it?
That's what I'd like to know! At this point he's become Mirage.
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008234)
Posted by carytheone on February 5th, 2019 @ 8:12am CST
ScottyP wrote:Sounds fun, I hope they get the engineering right. That "penny car" look into a somewhat normally proportioned robot can be tricky. I have two third party "MP" Cliffjumpers that drive this design concern. The first one I got was the MMC Ocular Max version which goes for the super deformed, tiny car look. It's not a mess to transform and the lack of a backpack is wonderful, but the rest of the resulting robot cuts a really odd looking silhouette. It was so bad I ended up getting the X-Transbots version which apes a good bit from MP-21 in the looks department - backpack and all - and it's spectacular.
Toyworld pulled it off really well with their TW-03 BII and is a figure I've always wanted.

So I have high hopes for what Takara can do.

Well if the rumor is true, Bee will come with parts and accessories to pull off every one-off scene and a cartoon accurate Daniel/Spike. :lol:
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008235)
Posted by Glarryg on February 5th, 2019 @ 8:22am CST
Personally, I'm torn. I want to see more of the original cast (Hound and Mirage, for example) represented, but I don't like this new aesthetic direction. I passed on TT Sunstreaker mostly because of his derpy-looking face, and I wouldn't buy that new Prime for even half of what they're asking. However, superdeformed alt-mode 'Bee intrigues me; I went nuts for the Toyworld and Newage versions, so I'll be keeping an eye on this story. I don't, however, feel a super-strong urge to push anyone to make this, though, mostly because I already have three versions of it (the aforementioned Toyworld and Newage figures, plus the original G1 guy).

Ultimately, though...

Randomhero wrote:Don’t feel bad for grown adults who have enough expendable income who continue to buy toys

... we make our voices heard through our wallets.

Glarryg
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008236)
Posted by Mirimus on February 5th, 2019 @ 8:33am CST
Re: Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode? (2008238)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 5th, 2019 @ 8:45am CST
Mirimus wrote:I've been edging away from masterpiece ever since the first rumblings of Prime v.3, but if this turns out to be true, I really will be done.

I keep my eye out for MP Galvatron (someday) other than that, I just stick to the Beast Wars MP line. I don't think the rest of the line is worth it anymore. In as much as I collect lines that end, the G1 line most likely never will now. Which is pathetic, in and of itself.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Optimal Optimus Card hascon card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime  Battle Base Trailer Plus Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 G2 LOT of 5 Leadfoot Strafe Brawl Blast Off Tankor incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1984 Transformers G1 WINDCHARGER minibot figure Hasbro/Takara LQQK!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime and Battle Base Trailer Transformers Energon Axe Attack Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Power Of The prime PP-35 Autobot NovaStar Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Masterpiece TRU Bumblebee Figure w/ 6" Spike Witwicky" on EBAY