Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno

Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno

Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 3:42am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: xMXUx   Views: 39,731

The TakaraTomyMall page for Transformers Masterpiece MP-14+ Red Alert has uploaded a new batch of photos for the cartoon-accurate deco of the security specialist, including a very interesting teaser for a potential upcoming figure, probably winter, in the line. Check out the image below, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian xMXUx, of what looks to be Inferno carrying Red Alert!

!! Trying to reproduce the Masterpiece and scenes scheduled to be released this winter

Transformers News: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno

Credit(s): TakaraTomyMall

Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782862)
Posted by Deathsanras on April 20th, 2016 @ 5:25am CDT
LOL@3P
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782863)
Posted by frogbat on April 20th, 2016 @ 5:35am CDT

i'm considering a KO at this point
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782864)
Posted by xMXUx on April 20th, 2016 @ 5:40am CDT
frogbat wrote:if this is legit i'll probably have to get red alert too. Been trying to avoid getting mp repaints for budgetary reasons :(

i'm considering a KO at this point

Don't get the KO, it's not worth the $40 price for a floppy mess
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782866)
Posted by BumbleDouche on April 20th, 2016 @ 6:06am CDT
Geez, enough with the Autobots already! I mean, they're great figures and all... But surely every sensible collector wants more of the REAL heroes of the series: the Decepticons! I need more MP troops to line up on my shrine to Megatron (peace -through tyranny- be upon him). :CON:
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782868)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 20th, 2016 @ 6:19am CDT
SOLD!
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782872)
Posted by ScottyP on April 20th, 2016 @ 6:31am CDT
I want the first release of the mold to be Hauler.

Do it, Takara! :lol:
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782879)
Posted by frogbat on April 20th, 2016 @ 6:54am CDT
xMXUx wrote:

i'm considering a KO at this point

Don't get the KO, it's not worth the $40 price for a floppy mess

Don't get me wrong i will probably get the original cos I want to support hastaks efforts but I was avoiding repaints where I could in the mp line with ratchet probably being the first I'll get.

I own ko devastator and superion g1 figures that are ok standins for the half destroyed sets I owned as a kid. They were dirt cheap and am ok with them but I wouldn't want kids playing with them. However I've sen YouTube of mp knock offs and they seem pretty good. But yeah guess I'm gonna have to pony up.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782882)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 20th, 2016 @ 7:25am CDT
Deathsanras wrote:LOL@3P

Maybe, maybe not. The third party market has come far enough along for Takara to no longer be garunteed to make a better figure. The current 3rd party Inferno and Grapple are amazing figures. Takara has their work cut out.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782890)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 20th, 2016 @ 8:55am CDT
B-b-but I don't want Inferno, I want more Decepticons... like Reflector, or a redux of Megatron, or even Galvatron! :(
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782906)
Posted by Blozor on April 20th, 2016 @ 10:22am CDT
Looks kinda small for a fire truck. What finally turned me off from Ocular Max (besides the head box) was the fire truck would be no bigger than Ironhide's van mode. XTransbots is offering a massive fire truck mode, and their quality is steadily improving, especially on larger figures. (They just need to learn to make smaller hinges and joints metal instead of thin plastic.)
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782915)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2016 @ 10:39am CDT
If we get MP Inferno, then that betters the chances of us also getting MP Grapple, MP RoadHauler, and even MP ARTFIRE!!!

As for the desire for more Decepticons, come on guys, we just got Ramjet. And before that we just got SHOCKWAVE, who's so powerful that he curbstomped every Autobot aboard the Ark all at once:

He even bested Megatron:

We need all of these Autobots to have enough of an army to just stand against Shockwave's might and logic.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782923)
Posted by MarvelMan87 on April 20th, 2016 @ 10:52am CDT
Hopefully this means artfire will be made, gotta love me some Targetmasters, which in turn mean stepper who is one of my favs
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782953)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 20th, 2016 @ 12:19pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:LOL@3P

What if.... it's the same figure? since you know same designers and all. :-$
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782983)
Posted by Emerje on April 20th, 2016 @ 12:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:As for the desire for more Decepticons, come on guys, we just got Ramjet.

Ramjet started us down I road I hope we can back out of. The last thing we need is more Takara Tomy Mall exclusive unique MP characters at full MSRP. Hopefully Hasbro can get us a retail version someday for a better price.

As for Inferno, it just looks like someone digitally chopped up the original figure and made a silhouette out of it. If it does happen and he's that small it means they've finally abandoned alt mode scale which opens the doors for figures like Cliffjumper that are hard to scale and proportionalize. Unless they found a way to turn a giant firetruck into a much smaller robot.

Emerje
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782984)
Posted by StarFireMk4 on April 20th, 2016 @ 12:53pm CDT
*waits patiently for a (New) MP Megatron to be released* >:oP

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we'll get an inevitable Grapple out of this, but we need some more cons!
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1782987)
Posted by Big Grim on April 20th, 2016 @ 12:57pm CDT
That's cool, but I have an MP Inferno now. Good for those who want it, good for me as I can give my wallet a rest!
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1783019)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:00pm CDT
:( When will I get my masterpiece Trailbreaker....

I'm kind of surprised by this choice too. I never would have seen this one coming :MAXIMAL:
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1783035)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:19pm CDT
If TFWiki is correct in determining the make of the vehicle, then we can welcome Mitsubishi to the list of licenses. And I'm 100% certain we'll get Grapple. Hauler and Artfire, maybe as exclusives. Give TakaraTomy the chance to use MP Rodimus' Offshoot. ;)
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1783040)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:30pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Takara has already abandoned any semblance of "alt mode scale" with the release of MP Bumblebee. His VW mode is way undersized to fit in with the other MP cars and trucks. The figures really scale in robot mode only. The fact that most of the cars at least fit in Optimus' or Ultra Magnus' trailers has more to do with play and display features than scale consistency.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno (1783044)
Posted by .... on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:42pm CDT
That outline looks so similar to Mastermind Creations Backdraft.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "2016 Transformers Autobot Drift Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86 Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie Hasbro Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* OFFICIAL Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie SS-38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus 2015 7" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot 5 WFC siege direct hit power punch storm cloud viper pteraxadon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege War for Cybertron MISB Beautiful L@@K! Prime Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY