Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype

Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype

Thursday, September 8th, 2016 7:51am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 77,297

Take this with a gigantic grain of salt, but it appears as though some prototype images for the long-rumoured and long-awaited Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0. The images - brought to us by Seibertronians Cyberpath and Zodconvoy - were found on two weibo accounts, TFClub and AlucardLee, though the latter results inconclusive on further investigation, and show the robot and gun mode for the Destron/Decepticon leader. Check them out below, and cautiously discuss this possible release in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype

Credit(s): weibo AlucardLee, TFClube

Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822781)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:00am CDT
Sweet merciful crap, and holy funkin' shirt!!
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822782)
Posted by Microraptor on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:04am CDT
Sweet! The legs look so much better!
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822783)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:12am CDT
Interesting....
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822785)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:15am CDT
Eh...honestly, I'm fine with Apollyon. But, I am glad they're (maybe) finally doing this! Hopefully Galvatron isn't far behind...
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822787)
Posted by wilcosu35 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:20am CDT
That looks quite good.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822789)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:23am CDT
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822791)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:24am CDT
hellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohello
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822792)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:26am CDT
Looks ok, not great and also he turns into gun so that sucks. :P
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822793)
Posted by william-james88 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:28am CDT
Microraptor wrote:Sweet! The legs look so much better!

Yes! If this is real then those are indeed the best legs we have ever gotten for a MP Megs toy.

itscramtastic wrote:JUST when I was about to make a decision on Despotron or Mightron, this is teased. Just like MP Shockwave appeared around the re-release of Quakewave and the appearance of Quakeblast (around this time last year right?).. I'm glad I waited, and I guess I'll be selling off Apollyon. Kibble free legs, multiple faces, compact cannon, it's like they combined the best of Mightron and Despotron!!

I agree with all this. Not sure if I should sell my appolyon though, I really like how beefy he is as well as all those sweet acessories and the alt mode looks better. What to do :-?
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822796)
Posted by Cobotron on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:33am CDT

... if anybody is looking for me, that is.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822797)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:34am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Microraptor wrote:Sweet! The legs look so much better!

IDEA!! MAKE APOLLYON INTO PRE-UNICRON MEGATRON!! You know, when he's all beat up and floating through space?!

OR a completely (to quote Ratchet) "R & R'ed" Apollyon would be awesome. Just fully tightened and proper and stuff. Maybe make some of the areas cleaner and get everything to stay together properly... Maybe I'll keep him JUST to do that, but then again, I could just keep him in alt-mode!
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822798)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:35am CDT
Cobotron wrote:I'll be curled up in a ball in the corner, in a cold sweat, quietly muttering, "please be real....please be real"

... if anybody is looking for me, that is.
I see you, and I'm with you, and we will have a Megatron party on Skype!!
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822799)
Posted by Henry921 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:39am CDT
I like what I'm seeing so far. Show me him next to MP-10 and if the scale is right, I'll have the buyers in to see my spare kidney post haste.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822801)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:44am CDT
The swappable faces are inclining me to think this might be real.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822803)
Posted by Flashwave on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:47am CDT
Oh, great. Customs Wars 2...

Thats a nice looking figure, and I see definaymte imorovement, but. I've seen this movie already. ;)
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822811)
Posted by william-james88 on September 8th, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:then again, I could just keep him in alt-mode!

Yeah that sounds better. Just have the new onf in robot mode and appolyon in alt mode.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822814)
Posted by Powermaster Swag on September 8th, 2016 @ 9:04am CDT
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822815)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 8th, 2016 @ 9:06am CDT
Those prototypes look promising, except for the crooked gun barrel part. Definitely hoping this is real though.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822819)
Posted by william-james88 on September 8th, 2016 @ 9:11am CDT
Powermaster Swag wrote:Anyone else wondering why it says gun cannot be straight? Was that what they had to compromise to be able to make another one?

These are exchanges within the department. "Gun not being straight" sounds more like a remark to point out a problem that should be fixed before production begins.
Re: Rumour: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 Prototype (1822826)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 8th, 2016 @ 9:20am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:it's like they combined the best of Mightron and Despotron!!

That's what I said Takara needed to do when trying to decide. My Mightron preorder is one official announcement away from being cancelled.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY