Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed.

Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed.

Saturday, May 8th, 2010 5:22am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: Diem   Views: 66,115

A photo has emerged on Tweetphoto that appears to show the alternate modes of Ratchet and Optimus Prime from the forthcoming movie Transformers 3.

If the image is authentic then it shows a dramatic new colour scheme for Ratchet.

The original image can be found here.

Stick with Seibertron for all the latest movie news and rumours!

Credit(s): Diem

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 8th, 2010 6:36am CDT

Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072268)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 8th, 2010 @ 5:30am CDT
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072270)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 8th, 2010 @ 5:43am CDT
Now Ratchet looks like a Knockoff I've seen on an auction:
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072273)
Posted by HighPrime on May 8th, 2010 @ 6:01am CDT
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072275)
Posted by Diem on May 8th, 2010 @ 6:08am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I don't think THAT is the new paint job for Ratchet. It could just be that they gave it some touch-ups or that what they DID change is still some-what fresh and they wanted to protect it during shipment. When I say "some-what fresh" I mean painted a day before transport or something. Because it does look like the lighter coloured parts are all covering where the red on him is supposed to be.

Possibly. His green looks different to me too, but that may just be the photograph. Since Bumblebee has been touched up somewhat I wouldn't be totally amazed if Ratchet also changed a lot.

HighPrime wrote:Where are Prime's smokestacks? I see a shortened nub on the driver's side. Don't tell me someone on-set poked their eyes out, and new safety standards dictate shortened ones? ;)

I noticed that but I doubt that they've castrated Prime. More likely that they have to be taken off for safe transport, or he's getting new ones or it'll be fixed in CGI or something.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072279)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 8th, 2010 @ 6:28am CDT

What? It could happen.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072305)
Posted by Optimus_Prime007 on May 8th, 2010 @ 7:55am CDT
Diem wrote:

For Primes stacks they re-moved them for travel on the trailer since the stacks could clip a low bridge or traffic lights.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072309)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2010 @ 8:09am CDT
Gee, Ratchet's getting more and more famous. Hopefully, Soundwave will finally have an Earth mode. He may even become Ratchet's doppelganger. Possibilities are a wondrous thing... :lol:
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072310)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 8th, 2010 @ 8:14am CDT
I'm guessing the blue and white squares are just covers for a paint job, but he seems to be a different shade of green now with a white stripe going down the side.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072317)
Posted by sushilove on May 8th, 2010 @ 8:58am CDT
Must be the perspective, but optimus looks small compared to ratchet.
I've never seen this type of truck in real life so I don't know how it will compare to the size of a H2, but it looks like a small truck... smaller than what it seems in the movie. This kind of surprised me. He is so small that another truck can carry it (ultra magnus? lol)
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072321)
Posted by steve2275 on May 8th, 2010 @ 9:21am CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Now Ratchet looks like a Knockoff I've seen on an auction:

the past 2 movies are knockoffs
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072323)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 8th, 2010 @ 9:35am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Why has nobody commented on Ultra Magnus in this shot. At least he isn't a straight white repaint and he does have a trailer :grin: . This could be the first still from the movie. Maybe Ratchet gets vandalised and Optimus get badly damaged.

Because we all know that, in the Bayverse, battle-damaged robots all transform into pristine, shiny cars and trucks... :lol:
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072324)
Posted by DMSL on May 8th, 2010 @ 9:37am CDT
Both are EXACTLY the same as the first two movies.

The smokestacks on Prime are removed for transport as they are too long and can get damaged when they go under multilevel crossings and such.

As for Ratchet, it looks like they did a touchup on the paint and labels on the sides and just have it covered up with some paper or plastic to protect it from scratching.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072326)
Posted by Darclipto on May 8th, 2010 @ 9:54am CDT
A semi hauling a semi? :BOOM:
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072338)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 8th, 2010 @ 10:32am CDT
Definitely a covering over Logos/Decals on Ratchet but I also don't think that that will be the final color. Even though there is no direct sunlight in this photo, Prime still seems to have more gloss to him than Ratchet does. If that was a shiny new paint job on Ratchet I cannot fathom them transporting him uncovered and risking having the new paint get chipped from road debris. I'm betting the areas under the blue painters tape and covering are simply preppped for decals and the rest of him will get finishing touches/details upon arriving wherever that truck was headed. I really don't think his color in this pic. is anything that will make the big screen.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072340)
Posted by Optillamanus on May 8th, 2010 @ 10:37am CDT
Darclipto wrote:A semi hauling a semi? :BOOM:
Yo dawg I heard you like semis so we put a semi on yo semi so you could truck while you truck.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072362)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 8th, 2010 @ 12:28pm CDT
Optillamanus wrote:
Darclipto wrote:A semi hauling a semi? :BOOM:

WIN.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072386)
Posted by Zeds on May 8th, 2010 @ 2:00pm CDT
Great same moulds just repainted for what the 10th time? I've lost count. I wish they would blend into the storyline that they reformatted themselves into new forms or something. PASS on the toys for the second movie in a row.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072402)
Posted by Rated X on May 8th, 2010 @ 3:14pm CDT
No more repaints please !!!
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072411)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 8th, 2010 @ 3:41pm CDT
Starscream got a new mold despite not changing vehicles. Perhaps Ratchet will too.
Re: Rumour: Transformers 3 Ratchet alt mode revealed. (1072424)
Posted by ConBotFormer on May 8th, 2010 @ 4:48pm CDT
They'll always truk these vehicles on a semi trailer. You wont see these "TransFormers" out on the road. It would cost more to drive them from set to set and if they got into an accident with them, well talk about production delay.

As for Ratchet's new paint job. Yes, that's new and not just the color. It's not just the picture making him look lighter in color. We'll have to wait and see what may be hidden on his doors and side box...if anything at all.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage loose Deluxe 2007 incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge & Pesticons New" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen RotF Stalker Scorponok Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Prime Arms Micron Jet Vehicon Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix 3-Pack Hotlink Heartburn Heatstroke" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage Deluxe 2007 w/ Swords Great Condition " on EBAY