Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked

Transformers News: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked

Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 5:57AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 37,412

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, SillyMcGilly, we've learned that Transformers Universe Thailand Facebook Group has leaked a look at the instructions for a potential Studio Series toy of Optimus Prime as seen in the Transformers Bumblebee movie!

While there isn't a lot to go on as we see a close up of the figure's chest shoulders and head but we can see that it's like all other Optimus in the line so far and is a Voyager class and is given the number #38, meaning that if indeed real, he'll be in the wave after Bonecrusher and 2007 Optimus (potentially).

Please bare in mind that we have had no official word from Hasbro on this figures existence so please treat all news on the subject till confirmed.

What do you think of this? Too good to be true? Or a bought on sight must-have? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): SillyMcGilly from Seibertron, Transformers Universe Thailand Facebook Group

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999676)
Posted by Agent 53 on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:38am CST
I hope this is true. 4 years ago I thought with AOE evasion mode optimus was the optimus we had always wanted for the films. I was wrong. This is the Optimus we always wanted.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999677)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:43am CST

So now here's where the mixed feelings come in, I WANT this line to be good. While I don't like the movies or the designs really, the movies are pretty important to me. I'm 24 so I didn't grow up with G1 and no one in my family or even my friends like Transformers so the live action movies was the first experience I had with this fandom. It got me interested in the mythos of the whole brand which eventually lead to my discovery, and love, of the G1 continuity. So I want to have a representation of this introduction on my shelves and the fact that I've just been met with disappointment so far is really disheartening. I think the new WW2 Bumblebee looks good but the fact that it's a total shell former kind of ruins it. I think sideswipe and barricade look great but seeing as all but 2 of the figures I've collected from this line have alt mode issues it makes me majorly question whether or not I want to keep up with the line.

This new Optimus might be the make or break for me. I really like the new design but if it turns out to have another bad alt mode then I think I'll have to call it quits on the Studio Series.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999679)
Posted by LinaNui on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:47am CST
I really hope that this is a fake, I want the constructicons to be released not another prime (or bumblebee)! I wish that they would reveal what number 31 since it should be releasing soon.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999682)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:59am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I have major mixed feelings about the studio Series as a whole. I'm no fan of the movies and most of the designs to me look like they threw a can into a shredder and called it a robot. But I decided to give the line a try because I don't like slagging things off without at least trying them and I've been met with mostly disappoinment. Stinger's shoulder pad snapped off, ratchet is a loose mess with panels that won't stay tabbed, you literally can't transform the first bumblebee or crowbar without half of it's bits falling off, blackout is a clumsy mess with an alt mode that doesn't hold together, Jazz's alt mold can't peg together properly, I can't transform the Volkswagen bumblebee because the headlights are fused in place, and Dropkick is just overall dreadful. I haven't been collecting seriously long (I mainly started in combiner Wars) but I've collected nearly every single figure to come out of the prime wars trilogy and I haven't had this many problems with any of those lines.

All of my studio series figures have turned out just fine. The worst experience I've ever had with one was that my Ironhide was missing his silver Autobot Symbol. That and I guess ratchets legs being a but loose. I can transform my 01 Bumblebee without stuff falling off. The back of the helicopter is the only reports we've had of Blackout not staying together, and the arms not tabbing in, which isn't a huge deal. Stinger breaking is most likely your fault, or you may have just gotten a bad copy.

I do have a fix for your Jazz though. The car mode can stick together just fine. The instructions neglect to mention that you're supposed to use the plug on the roof and plug it into the port on his bottom torso. It's where a figure stand is supposed to go. Just do this easy step, and you should be good to go.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999683)
Posted by Emerje on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:06am CST
No doubt Prime will be in Voyager wave 6 with Rampage which shouldn't be too far off since wave 5 is going to be showing up soon. I'm guessing 31 will be an exclusive since Deluxe wave 5 has five figures already and Voyager wave 5 already has two.

Emerje
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999684)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:15am CST
I really hope this is true. Also let's just take time to appreciate the elongated smokestacks. I've really wanted a toy of this design, and I think this will fill that need. Mark my words, this'll be the best Optimus Prime toy in the line. The simpler design, the beautiful sculpt, it's perfect.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999685)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:18am CST
What's Crackin'? wrote:

If you can transform that bumblebee without the hood falling off then you must be using kid gloves because I'm seems that literally everybody else has the issue. I've seen plenty of other people have issues with blackouts panels lining up but even if it's "not a huge deal" that's not the point. It shouldn't be an issue at all.

As for jazz, I honestly didn't know about that peg. I don't use instructions anyway but I just tried what you said and it worked great so thank you. Now I like jazz a bunch more.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999687)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:35am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
What's Crackin'? wrote:

Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999688)
Posted by Ig89ninja on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:45am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
What's Crackin'? wrote:

I’ve been able to transform Bee without popping his back off [-( , though I do admit that Blackout is a bit tricky, but after a while he seems to get easier, Stinger is also fine, but Crowbar is a hot mess with all his dreads, it is pretty much impossible for him to line up correctly without some fiddling, he’s even worse than Berserker! :HEADHURTS:
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999689)
Posted by GeekyGamer Gal on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:56am CST
What's Crackin'? wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
What's Crackin'? wrote:

I've only bought four Studio Series Transformers (two 'Bees, Jazz, and Dropkick), and aside from the hot mess that is 01 1977 Camaro 'Bee I've not had any issues. Even then I added the rod to hold the roof and windshield on myself, but I had to spend four hours with an emery board (nail file) and shave down the plastic assembly for where the hood snaps down hiding the head as the plastic and a peg stuck out about two millimeters. I was about ready to just return the "cheap knockoff" of quality when I finally got it to snap together and even then there's a good deformation in the black plastic of this assembly where the metal peg for the hinge of the hood has still had to force through the edge of the piece I was sanding down before it could snap together. Now the sucker sits in car mode (the reason why I bought it) with Jazz sitting on him to reenact his introductory scene from the '07 movie.

Otherwise, I really don't know if I'd even buy this OP as I'm still on the fence about the whole new Jet-powered OP with Jetfire. I want to love the cantankerous old jet, but I can't un-see his beard sticking out of the Blackbird, and the OP would only be for when I want to display the powered mode. So I might just stick with my MPM and MP-1 OPs, and ignore the Studio Series for awhile after Shatter.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999690)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:08am CST
What's Crackin'? wrote:Glad I was able to help. Jazz is my personal favorite toy from the line. My 01 bumblebee has had the back pack fall off before. This issue is more prominent on the first release, but no I've never used kid gloves, I just take it nice and easy. I think hasbro learned not having one of those metal rods in the back was a mistake, because the Clunker Bee seems to have a rod holding the backpack together. Also yeah stuff not tabbing together shouldn't be an issue, but it is. Sometimes you need to sand stuff down, which could cause more harm than good. You shouldn't have to fix that either. My Ratchet always has had stuff tab in just fine. I have no idea how your SS 18 bumblebee has its headlights fused together, but I know they are stuck on pieces on the chest, which move in and out. If you can't move those pieces you should take it back to the store and get a new one.

I like jazz quite a bit but the fact that alt mode was so gappy frustrated me to no end. The lacking metal rod was a huge mistake and I'm glad to hear that they fixed it with later releases. I have no idea why ss18 had the headlight issue, I assume it's a qc one off because the right one works perfectly fine but when I tried to move the left one it just sheared off. I would've taken it back but I had already recycled the packaging before it broke. I guess it's a good thing I like the robot mode so much.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999693)
Posted by william-james88 on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:25am CST
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999700)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:59am CST
william-james88 wrote:FYI to everyone, this is not a fake. We knew from the listings that we were getting anoher voyager Optimus this year (along with a DOTM leader), we just didnt know from what movie he would be. Now we know. Also, thats so may damn optimus toys. 2 voyagers and 1 leader in Studio Series and a voyager and leader in Siege.

We knew there was another voyager prime? I knew of the dotm leader but I can't remember a listing explicitly saying voyager Optimus. I know there was the "hero" voyager which I said would be this version of Optimus.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999701)
Posted by AlvinC on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:09am CST

There has been 9 bumblebees in the studio series in the first 30 figures. I think we can handle 5 optimus primes :lol: :lol:
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999703)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:18am CST
william-james88 wrote:We knew from the listings that we were getting anoher voyager Optimus this year (along with a DOTM leader)

Oh, ok. I was worried this was what we were getting instead of the rumored DOTM leader. I’ll be waiting for the DOTM one, but I think Prime is one of the better cybertronian designs from what I’ve seen (his head is still very movieverse). Seeing the movie tomorrow, I’ll have a better verdict then! ;)^
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999704)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:19am CST
SillyMcGilly wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
SillyMcGilly wrote:Bay has overstayed his welcome. TLK bombed, and for good reason. Stop acting like onetoy out of a movie where most of the main cast are new designs is the end of creativity as we know it.

I didn't say just one toy. I referred to all the G1 stuff in the movie and the IDW reboot just using all the boring new G1 siege toys rather than doing anything fresh and interesting.

Shatter and Dropkick and ESPECIALLY Blitzwing should be Bayish enough to suite your fancy, so that proves they wanna appeal to everyone.

What do you mean 'ESPECIALLY' Blitzwing? He was the most G1-ish of those three! Hell, everyone thought he was a G1-inspired Starscream for crying out loud... And that's not the point. If that movie is a prequel (like several elements of the plot and certain character designs suggest) then it's saying ALL the Transformers I've spent past 11 years collecting and admiring actually used to look like their G1 counterparts that I do not!

Stop taking it so **** personal, sheesh..

Yeah I should totally be quiet and have no complaints or voice my opinion at all. Like all those G1 fans did from 2007 to 2017. Yeah cos I sure never got a bashing from any of them when i expressed my love for the movie designs.

I like the movie designs too. At least.. Some of them. But sometimes "new" isn't NEW anymore. New to me is making a movie that actually brings the original cartoon's concepts to a cinematic form. We've had 5 movies of Bayhem and Bayformers since 2007 ffs. Sometimes old is the new new.

And about Blitzwing, he's the least G1 to me because he looks so different from his original design. That gas mask face is super sick though.

The problem is that the movie universe is. NOT. G1. It could do with some more elements from G1 and other pre-movie continuities - like the Autobots providing disaster relief - but it is not G1 and never has been. It is its own thing. And furthermore, we've seen Cybertronian robot and vehicle modes, and flashbacks to the war! The GEEWUN designs from the Bumblebee movie are totally at odds with that. Travis Knight is being a buttheaded GEEWUNner who refuses to play by the movie universe's house rules. It's the equivalent of someone coming into your house and throwing out your furniture to replace it with something different because they don't like the look of it. Something being "new" does not automatically make it good, especially when it doesn't fit where it's been put. The way Knight's going I'm surprised he didn't have Megatron turn into a handgun (unless he did; I haven't seen the movie yet). :roll:
And what's your problem with TLK? That it *gasp* actually answered the question of what happened to Cybertron that had been hanging in the air since the end of DOTM? That it didn't have stupid cheatsy "Transformium" transformations?

Now me, I'm a big fan of both G1 AND the movies. But I think GEEWUNnery should be kept to G1-based lines and continuities while other universes get to be their own thing.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999705)
Posted by william-james88 on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:20am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

Yup, 2 voyager Optimus Primes, SS 25 and SS 30 from Takara, you can see the listing here

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/42279/
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999707)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:22am CST
There's no "Mc" in Travis Knight's name.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999711)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:29am CST
Sabrblade wrote:There's no "Mc" in Travis Knight's name.

Oops. Fixed.
Re: Rumour: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Studio Series Toy Leaked (1999720)
Posted by MadProject on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:42am CST
Found on Facebook, throught a friend of mine.
I don't know the original source.

SS38.jpg

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Optimal Optimus Card hascon card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime  Battle Base Trailer Plus Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 G2 LOT of 5 Leadfoot Strafe Brawl Blast Off Tankor incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1984 Transformers G1 WINDCHARGER minibot figure Hasbro/Takara LQQK!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime and Battle Base Trailer Transformers Energon Axe Attack Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Power Of The prime PP-35 Autobot NovaStar Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Masterpiece TRU Bumblebee Figure w/ 6" Spike Witwicky" on EBAY