Transformers News: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1

Tuesday, August 7th, 2018 4:01PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,469

Now that distributors such as Entertainment Earth and Diamond are sending out their orders listings for stores for this fall, however, we have more than just a hint towards the purple faction showing up as early as wave 1. Fellow Seibertronian Samsonator contacted us to let us know the following:

My workplace just out through orders for our first shipments of War For Cybertron: Siege figures. Included in the Leader Class assortment was a listing for Leader Class Shockwave. I didn't see this info myself so I can not confirm it, but the biggest Shockwave fan in the store did the ordering, so he knows what he's talking about. So for now, I will say this is a rumour.

The store I work for is an independently owned collectibles store, but the cases we order are the same as regular big box retailers. The listings were all by name, and mostly what we've seen already, except for a few (Voyager Class "M", presumably Megatron, Deluxe "S", possibly Sixgun (since Starscream was previously listed as a voyager), Leader Class "G", maybe a Galvatron?) but Shockwave was identified by name in the Leader Class assortment

We did some digging, and the rumour may appear to be indeed founded, with wave 1 supposedly including: Battle Masters Blowpipe, Lionizer and Firedrive; Micro Masters Race Car Patrol, Battle Patrol, Airstrike Patrol; Deluxes Sideswipe, Deluxe S (starscream?), Cog, Hound; Voyagers Optimus Prime and M (megatron?); Leaders Ultra Magnus and, here he is, Shockwave. Take this with a pinch of salt until a full reveal from Hasbro and/or corroboration from another source, but in the meantime, feel free to join the speculation in the Energon Pub!

War for Cybertron Shockwave image used for reference

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977103)
Posted by kurthy on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:06pm CDT
Damn it, I don't need a leader shocky. I need a voyager and a deluxe.
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977108)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:11pm CDT
I will take a well done Shockwave. His time has come.

Though still a tad disappointed that it looks like it will be Shockwave and not Tidal Wave
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977109)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:12pm CDT
kurthy wrote:Damn it, I don't need a leader shocky. I need a voyager and a deluxe.

I already got enough Deluxe and Voyager Shockwaves but there's never been a Shockwave beyond Voyager class (as far as I remember). So don't be so darn selfish :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977111)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:15pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I will take a well done Shockwave. His time has come.

Maybe it'll be Micron Legends Shockwave ;)
I mean we'll get an RID Ultra Magnus alt mode. So why not?
And maybe this one can finally combine with a Megatron :x
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977112)
Posted by starrhero on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:23pm CDT
Va'al wrote:One of the biggest talking points, after the initial reveal of the War for Cybertron Siege toys from San Diego Comic Con 2018, was what wasn't shown in any of the documentation, presentations or actual displays: the Decepticons.

The store I work for is an independently owned collectibles store, but the cases we order are the same as regular big box retailers. The listings were all by name, and mostly what we've seen already, except for a few (Voyager Class "M", presumably Megatron, Deluxe "S", possibly Starscream, Leader Class "G", maybe a Galvatron?) but Shockwave was identified by name in the Leader Class assortment

War for Cybertron Shockwave image used for reference

But wait, wasn't the idea that this line was supposed to be as G1 accurate as possible? Because if it is, Megatron & Shockwave should be the same size, and if Megatron is a voyager, Shockwave should be as well... Right?

Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977114)
Posted by kurthy on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:26pm CDT
Lunatic Prime wrote:

MP shockwave and original shockwave both fill that need. The deluxe and voyager shockwaves have been awful, so I would like a good one in either size class.
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977117)
Posted by Amelie on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:29pm CDT
The G1 cartoon size guide seems to be the wrong thing to use here. Ultra Magnus is clearly is based off his G1 toy and if toys are anything to go by...

... Then leader sized for Shockwave seems pretty appropriate. :-)
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977118)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:31pm CDT
starrhero wrote:

War for Cybertron Shockwave image used for reference

Lunatic Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I will take a well done Shockwave. His time has come.

Maybe it'll be Micron Legends Shockwave ;)
I mean we'll get an RID Ultra Magnus alt mode. So why not?
And maybe this one can finally combine with a Megatron :x

Maybe that's another hint at Micron Legends Shockwave :DANCE:
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977120)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:32pm CDT
kurthy wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

But both are way to expensive and rare by now [-(
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977122)
Posted by kurthy on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:40pm CDT
Lunatic Prime wrote:
kurthy wrote:

But both are way to expensive and rare by now [-(

The MP is on sale at BBTS for $120 and the G1 has reissues on eBay for under $70. Considering that seige will be about $50 and not be anywhere as good as those two, yeah, I'll pass on it. >:oP
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977126)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CDT
kurthy wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
kurthy wrote:

But both are way to expensive and rare by now [-(

Not as good as this thing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll appreciate an updated version for about $50 or 60 € and I hope it'll have an alt mode that makes more sense than an oversized handgun. The CW Legends class Shockwave was a pretty good compromise for that ;)^
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977128)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:47pm CDT
I have to wonder if it is G1 Shockwave, will they keep his alt as a space blaster? I do hope though that it is Tidal Wave using his Micron Legends moniker but my cynicism tells me that it's not likely.

Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977129)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:50pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Though if it's a voyager class Shockwave packaged with armour to put the pricing up to leader class, and then said armour could be given to Megatron...I'll be down for that ;-)

...to evolve Megatron into Galvatron :???: :-?
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977133)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:53pm CDT
Megatron to galvatron, megatron to super megatron, megatron to whatever his combined form was called in Armada. I'm not picky :-D
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977137)
Posted by Autobot N on August 7th, 2018 @ 5:09pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977146)
Posted by IronMagnus on August 7th, 2018 @ 5:59pm CDT

I think a Leader Shockwave could be done in a way that keeps him in scale.

Imagine a beefy main cannon of a leader class tank that transforms into a Voyager height Shockwave bot.

The rest of the tank could transform into some kind of power-up armor for him, similar to how Ultra Magnus is done.

They've said they're open to doing bot+armor with other figures, so... the core Shockwave bot could be rather simple (again, like Voyager UM is) and look like his G1 version, and then when powered up with tank treads hanging off his limbs, he could resemble the Prime/Movie shockwave more as an homage.

I mean, Shockwave doesn't have a very complex transformation as it is. Put the arms up, put the legs together, bend down the head. It's really a perfect candidate for a 'simple voyager' with armor.
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977148)
Posted by YoungPrime on August 7th, 2018 @ 6:10pm CDT
I really hope that Leader Shockwave is a Bayformer. Especially since the SDCC panel made the great pitch about SCALE and all. Plus I don't need a d@mn Leader class!

Make Scorponok and/or Deathsaurus a leader!

As for Shockwave make it a G1 Voyager or they can keep it.
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977149)
Posted by LordPrime99 on August 7th, 2018 @ 6:12pm CDT
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977151)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 7th, 2018 @ 6:14pm CDT
LordPrime99 wrote:Deluxe "S" could just be sideswipe unless he's already been confirmed for a later wave

Sideswipe is listed right before "Deluxe S" in the listing. Not really sure who it could be
Re: Rumoured Leader Shockwave and Decepticon Listings in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 1 (1977152)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on August 7th, 2018 @ 6:14pm CDT
I wouldn't surprised if somebody already said this but here I go anyway. Deluxe S is probably Sideswipe and I this because I'm pretty sure Sideswipe is wave 1. Never mind.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VICTORION 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "SKYWARP Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class~" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Bruticus Combiner - 2012 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SDCC COMBINER WARS DEVASTATOR TITAN CLASS NEW MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Thundercracker Card" on EBAY
Buy "Choro-Q Transformers QTF-06 G1 Arcee Toyota Crown /C1 Athlete S21" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations (Legends) - Swerve and Flanker Figures - Sealed" on EBAY