Transformers News: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release

Monday, October 2nd, 2017 8:32AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,533

In the same post of rumoured new Takara Tomy Transformers releases, Planet Iacon are suggesting a new figure appearing in the long-quiet Encore line: Transformers Encore Series God Fire Convoy, from Car Robots.

Anglophone audiences may remember him better as Omega Prime, the combined form of Ultra Magnus (God Magnus) and Optimus Prime (Super Fire Convoy) from the 2001 Robots in Disguise animated series - and one of the better engineered toys from the time, and arguably in the franchise. Does this possible announcement tickle your fancy? Let us know in the Energon Pub discussion thread!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime)
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913963)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 2nd, 2017 @ 8:38am CDT
I like the sound of this. Hopefully, we can get some other RID figures. My biggest concern, though, is any potential mold degradation.
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913966)
Posted by ExciKaiser on October 2nd, 2017 @ 8:54am CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:My biggest concern, though, is any potential mold degradation.

Why ?

It has been very far from being overused and is quite recent (16 years).

I'm more than confident.
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913968)
Posted by Fattboy94 on October 2nd, 2017 @ 9:02am CDT
If this is true, all I hope is that the tires don't split on Optimus Prime after about two years.
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913969)
Posted by Rezael on October 2nd, 2017 @ 9:02am CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:It has been very far from being overused and is quite recent (16 years).

I'm more than confident.

That will depend greatly on how it was stored. Or if it is even the original mold, or a recast. A lot of molds are destroyed when production ends to try and prevent reuse.

On a side note, anyone know a good place to get replacement wheels for these two? Mine got old and split and wont stay on either bot anymore.
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913972)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 2nd, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
"Chō Kyodai Gattai! Goddo Faiyaaaaa Konboi!"

I still have my original Hasbro RiD 2001 figures, but if there's anything worthwhile about this Encore reissue, I just may have to check it out.
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913976)
Posted by Powered Convoy on October 2nd, 2017 @ 9:47am CDT
This explains the latest Figure King magazine where the original Japanese voice actor for Fire Convoy was back in the studio for Takara.

Randy
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913979)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 2nd, 2017 @ 10:01am CDT
Wow... This may actually be something I'd like to check out should it prove to be true
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913980)
Posted by ExciKaiser on October 2nd, 2017 @ 10:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I still have my original Hasbro RiD 2001 figures

Yep, that's probably the only problem with this release, I guess we're a lot who still have them and except if you want a box, you can get it complete for ~40$..
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913984)
Posted by Shegotron on October 2nd, 2017 @ 10:27am CDT
I love the Fire Convoy/Optimus Prime figure, but I'm of mixed emotions on Ultra Magnus. Great vehicle mode, but the robot mode is tough to look at - such a tiny torso for such long legs - plus small panels that pop off easily, and a Blue Bolts cannon that was very finicky to attach (on mine, the double posts on the end of the stock wouldn't stay on the ports on Magnus), all of which combined for a rough experience with the figure.
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913997)
Posted by Kyleor on October 2nd, 2017 @ 11:30am CDT
Fingers crossed they beef up/improve the leg/hip joint strength on a re-release, mine feels like it wants to fall over in combined mode. And fix the hair-trigger cannons.
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1913999)
Posted by shajaki on October 2nd, 2017 @ 12:00pm CDT
While I wouldn't turn this away, these guys aren't exactly at the top of my hit list.

What I find more exciting though, is if this is true then it means the Encore line is still kicking :DANCE:
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914000)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 2nd, 2017 @ 12:00pm CDT
So Fire Convoy is rumored?

Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914001)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 2nd, 2017 @ 12:01pm CDT
Albatross250 wrote:I wonder why Mega-Octane/Dolrailer knew Optimus and Fire Convoy in such a thing? (i still remember on Baldigus Chapter 1 though) 8-}
What?
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914028)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 2nd, 2017 @ 2:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
What?

No no no, Dolrailer simply commented that G1 Convoy reminded him of the Fire Convoy he's more familiar with. As they're both called "Optimus Prime" in English that bit was hard to properly translate.

So, an Encore release of God Fire Convoy? I can haz God Sword?
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914033)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 2nd, 2017 @ 2:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So, an Encore release of God Fire Convoy? I can haz God Sword?
Super God Sword, JelZe-y. ;)
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914034)
Posted by kuhlio on October 2nd, 2017 @ 2:32pm CDT
I was hoping that it would include the sword since we have seen in lately either with the Legends Fort Max or the reissue Fort Max... and if it does have the sword they have my money!
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914041)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 2nd, 2017 @ 3:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Super God Sword, JelZe-y. ;)

Whatever, I wants it! :lol:
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914043)
Posted by thedistinctroom on October 2nd, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT
I've got the original Car Robots versions of Fire Convoy + God Magnus. I really really love them. If they were reissued, I would not purchase them because I already own them. But, if I did not already own them, I would be real super stoked to get an Encore reissue of them.

;)^
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914048)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 2nd, 2017 @ 3:24pm CDT
I cannot say enough how much I loved this figure. Yes, Ultra Magnus is not the best. But, for my money, the Prime mold is probably one of the better "Optimus" figures that we've ever gotten. He's terrific in all three of his modes plus his combined mode with Omega Prime is amazing (though a bit top-heavy).
Re: Rumoured Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Release (1914054)
Posted by Black Hat on October 2nd, 2017 @ 3:44pm CDT
This is great for two reasons- firstly because those two were childhood favourites, and secondly because it means Encore is not dead.

Ending Soon On eBay

KRE-O Transformers 316 pc STARSCREAM Fighter jet Robot + 174 pc Police Car PROWL - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 37 minutes 12 seconds
Hasbro Transformers RPMS Sideswipe Autobot Speed Series Die-cast Scale 1:64 BNIP - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 38 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Blade Strike Deluxe Class Age of Extinction - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 38 minutes 52 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Decepticon Scavenger 2 MOSC G2 c-9 Generation 2 Devastator - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 43 minutes 22 seconds
TRANSFORMERS - Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Set of X5 Combiners - Bruticus - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 44 minutes 24 seconds
LOT OF 4 KRE-O TRANSFORMERS STARSCREAM 30667 (3) AUTOBOT JAZZ KITS - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 45 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers GI Joe 5 CBCS 9.6 (cgc pgx) signed Jaime Tyndall Zarana Shockwave - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 50 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers GI Joe 4 CBCS 9.4 (cgc pgx) signed Jaime Tyndall  Baroness Savage - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 53 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017