Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details

Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details

Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 6:37pm CST

Category: Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 59,011

Seibertronians Downshift and Dead Metal have made us aware that there is more news and rumours coming from Toyfair HK, another show going on right now. An attendee summarized the transformer highlights in a post on actoys.net. It adds more detail to some of the recent rumours and gives more information regarding Generations Devastator, along with listing more G1 rereleases. As in all rumours, the statements below should be taken with a grain of salt and could easily be dispelled in the coming weeks or months. Afterall, there is yet to be an official announcement for most of these products. The original post is translated below by cybertron.ca user chroma 23.

美版:美复G1铁甲龙、三尖头套装、闪电和大火车套装、录音机和感知器套装(磁带好像是钢钎和犀牛,感知器 的肩炮有特殊用处类似能看幻灯片)

US G1 re-release tripticon, conheads set, blitzwing & astrotrain set, Perceptor & Blaster set: cassettes included looks like to be the animals, and the shoulder cannon on perceptor has some special purpose, rumored to be able to view slide shows

idw的大力神确实不错绝对泰坦级,因为是全年龄的所以单体的变形大家就别指望了,展示品都是手工未完成品 貌似肘关节不能动,组合方面下半年还有一个守护神,但只展示了热点感觉也一般。滑翔机还有一个紫色狂派重涂 不知道叫什么,同级别还有个战戟,还有几个没记住。坦克威确实不错还有个绿色。

日版:会有很多D级人物,都不是主线人物所以没细看,ps擎天柱和md老威不错但站立有些困难。组合方面增 加电镀和还原单体成员G1配色。

japan releases: will have alot of deluxe class characters, but they aren't main characters do i didnt pay attention. PSX prime and MD megs is not bad but do not seem to stand pretty well. bundles (my guess is JP releases of generations figures?) will have additional chrome and more G1 accurate colors

MP:今年预计就发5个,mp25和某宝放出的预定款一样,配件是洛尔和收音机,大家去看看52集就懂了, 只看了灰模貌似可动性又提高了不少。21G没有斯派克改成飞行背包了比较坑,但官方介绍会降低 售价。

MP: there will be 5 MPs this year. MP25 is the same as the rumors going around (tracks/ironhide). accessories include.....something (my guess will be Raoul and a radio (blaster) in reference to season 2 episode 36 "auto-bop"). they showed a gray prototype and looks posability is good. MP21G (G2 bee) will only include a jet pack replacing the exo-suit, but the price will be adjusted and reduced

Credit(s): actoys.net

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 7:00pm CST

Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641324)
Posted by william-james88 on January 20th, 2015 @ 6:50pm CST
Caelus wrote:
Syn_13 wrote:I appreciate the little tweaks to what is essentially the same mould with the Aerialbots. They could've easily done a Seeker mould thing and just simply recoloured the 4 bots, but they at least made slight changes. I do think that was the reason why they threw in Alpha Bravo, simply because they didn't want it becoming too repetitive.

The CW aerialbots definitely don't all use the same basic mold. Firefly I transformed out of the package without a hitch, but Skydive I was stumped even trying to follow the instructions, because his shoulders transform weird. The only bit I can imagine is the same across those figures is the combiner jack, because you would definitely want that to be standardized. Otherwise they're about as similar as Jazz and Prowl traditionally are.

I am really happy to hear that since I thought they were all just minor retools. I cant wait for these now.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641328)
Posted by prjkt on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:21pm CST
Purple Powerglide... G2 Ransack?
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641329)
Posted by prjkt on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:22pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Caelus wrote:

Pretty sure Air Raid and Skydive's legs/lower half are the same mould (even the weapons appear the same), but even so, top halves being different, definitely NOT a minor retool.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641332)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:34pm CST
Wow. If we remove the assumptions made by the writer, in parentheses, the last paragraph tells us that MP25 will be a character which has been mentioned in rumors and includes....something.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641333)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:38pm CST

So despite an incredible amount of hype and a very strong start to this new series we can pretty much expect it to end up as a repaint-a-palooza and everyones dreams of the Devastator that they always wanted will wind up being... basically a super-sized RotF Devastator. :P

I am laughing so hard right now. :lol: This is the only time I wished T-Macksimus was still around. he could be a bigger prick about this and say I Told You So in a way that I could never hope to match.
It really does look like Hasbro is about to do it to us all over again. #-o On the plus side, it's nice to know that I can stop collecting this line pretty much after the 3rd wave is released. By that point, I should have every figure that is supposed to come out for the next two years, just not in the colors Hasbro intends to use for them all.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641335)
Posted by Seibertron on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:41pm CST
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641340)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I'm really hoping for a new cartoon accurate head for perceptor. That would be really awesome!

That totally would, but I'd like to have the thinner shoulder mounted microscope barrel from the cartoon also, the thought of it having to be a projector or something also kind of puts me off
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641342)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:56pm CST
CrankyOldTruck wrote:"IDW Devastator is indeed Titan class, because it's designed for all ages, do not expect much in terms of individual bot's transformations (complexity i presume). displayed toy looks like a WIP hand-made (or painted) prototype and joints do not seem to move (my guess it's like the combiner wars at SDCC where the joints are hot glued?). for combiner wars, the latter half of the year will feature defensor, but for now they only showed hotspot but doesn't look too interesting. powerglide will have a purple decepticon repaint but dunno what the new name will be. other combiner wars legend class (like powerglide) include warpath and a few others that i couldn't remember. there will be a green repaint for the tank (assuming he's referring to warpath)"

What is so funny? The fact that this line is pretty much ruined for you in your eyes? That is too bad. I'm personally looking forward to Defensor, all the legends figures no matter what they are, and Devastator. It would be excellent if they were in a more simplified form. Maybe not one steps, but 6-8 would be perfect. As far as the look of it, even the one steps look good these days with all the laser mold cutting tech out there.

This doesn't even consider the rumored Ironhide, Mirage, Prowl, and Sunstreaker figures, AND a Leader Ultra Magnus. Or any other cool legends figures we might see, like Brawn, who has to be up very soon.

It is unfortunate the line sucks in your eyes, because in my opinion, this is one of the best years for the line.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641343)
Posted by shajaki on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:03pm CST
Desslok2201 wrote:

only kind of remolding towards G1 figures we.ve ever had is the encore line no? i doubt a hasbro reissue would go to such lengths.

@crankyoldtruck
isnt it a little early for snarky laughs and i-told-you-so's? not only is that kind of thing not appreciated, but theres nothing concrete (like pics or proto's) to laugh about. not yet anyways.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641344)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:03pm CST
By the sound of it, they have an actual prototype of Devastator on the floor. I certainly hope they release some pics soon.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641345)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:04pm CST
I'd say given this info on Devastator I'm going to wait for pictures. I'm not really a big fan of IDW designs as it is, and for all we know IDW Devy means Prowl. If so, no sale. I'm not too scared of simplified, I mean, how complex were the G1 constructicons anyway? They were all green, though. And all decepticons.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641348)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:07pm CST

As long as there's six components that is. :lol:
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641351)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:20pm CST
shajaki wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:

Any other time I'd say you're right, but there is the mention of perceptor being able to view slide shows, which the original cannot do
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641358)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:40pm CST
prjkt wrote:Purple Powerglide... G2 Ransack?
Cobra Rattler.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641362)
Posted by Seibertron on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:52pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
prjkt wrote:Purple Powerglide... G2 Ransack?
Cobra Rattler.

if it's Blue!
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641363)
Posted by Cobotron on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:53pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
prjkt wrote:Purple Powerglide... G2 Ransack?
Cobra Rattler.

Storm Cloud, maybe?
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641364)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
prjkt wrote:Purple Powerglide... G2 Ransack?
Cobra Rattler.

if it's Blue!
Yeah, I'm thinking (hoping) the "purple" is really closer to blue.

Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641368)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 20th, 2015 @ 9:15pm CST
Robogeek1973 wrote:I'm not too worried about Devastator being too simplified right now. If he's handled similar to Superion, then I've got the feeling I'm gonna LOVE the thing.

As long as there's six components that is. :lol:

Amen, RG.
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641371)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on January 20th, 2015 @ 9:25pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
prjkt wrote:Purple Powerglide... G2 Ransack?
Cobra Rattler.

what i want to see out of a retooled Powerglide is Cybertron Sky-fall with parts for arm and leg for a particular member of the 13 :BOT: :ic$:
Re: Rumours from Toyfair HK: More G1 rereleases, MP releases and Devastator details (1641378)
Posted by Emerje on January 20th, 2015 @ 9:51pm CST
FYI, the original post from ACToys doesn't mention HK Toy Fair, just a conference. HK Toy Fair was last week so either this guy waited a week to share this and somehow after all this time was the first to report anything, or it's a different event. (Or he just made the whole thing up.)

Just remember that the translations are third hand information and required some guess work. The original source appeared to be only a little interested and was very vague in describing some things. For example I think some of the Takara stuff he was looking at was Transformers Adventures (RID) toon stuff while the box sets were the Aerialbots and Stunticons.

Sabrblade wrote:After all, the original Walmart listing identified it as "DPT Viper", and the Cobra Vipers did tend to dress more in blue than purple.

Ah, Viper, that was the name. I kept thinking Rattle or something, but couldn't find the original report that came from. I assume on Cybertron he was a window washer?

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Exclusive Netflix Scrapface Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Cyberverse Megatron figure (missing r arm) Dark of the Moon" on EBAY
Buy "HOTLINK Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Siege Netflix Hasbro 2020 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Leader Class Titans Return Decepticon Overlord Action Figure toyNEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Octone Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY