Transformers News: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More

Monday, November 11th, 2019 12:51PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,073

Listings on Hasbro China's official Taobao store supposedly leaked a lot of new info and have since been taken down. We cannot confirm if everything below is true, so we will take it as rumours for now. The new figures listed are some we knew were coming, like deluxe Runamuck and Titan Scorponok as well as Movie Masterpiece toys Starscream and Ratchet (this is not the first time we hear of these). However, there was also a listing for a commander class Skylynx, which makes perfect sense for that size class, as well as two Quintesson themed listings. One is for a voyager class Quintesson and another is for a deluxe class Quintessa. Both would be for the Earthrise line. Below is what fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade posted on our boards, including the direct source of these rumours on Weibo.

Sabrblade wrote:New (well, new-ish) rumours for Earthrise (and Movie Masterpiece, but that's not important right now):

We already knew about Titan class Scorponok from NYCC and Deluxe class "Runamok" from his winning the fan poll.

Commander class Sky Lynx was previously speculated from an earlier rumor about the next Commander class being one that was said to "complement" Titan class Omega Supreme.

Voyager class Quintesson and Deluxe class "Quintessa", however, are both very new rumors.

According to JakeToys and MEGA-Decepticon's weibo, these are preorder listings from Hasbro China's official Taobao store:

- MPM Mv1 Starscream

- MPM Mv1 Ratchet

- Earthrise Titan Scorponok

- Earthrise Commander class Skylynx

- Earthrise Voyager Quintesson

- Earthrise Deluxe "Quintessa"

- Earthrise Deluxe Runamuck

Credit(s): weibo
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044316)
Posted by zko on November 11th, 2019 @ 12:59pm CST
I hope the Quintessa, Quintesson, and Runamok rumors are true. Also hoping to get Omega Supreme and Scorponok on an Ollie's sale like Fort Max and Trypticon, otherwise might never see them :(

Also, Sky Lynx as commander is awesome.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044317)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:00pm CST
I'm hoping the Quints are a box set of figures (maybe with guards?). Something we can troop build with simple clicking rotating head and mix and match accessories that plug into 5mm pegs.

As for Quintessa, unless it's an Allicon, I'm at a loss. If they're going with bases, I hope they can all fit together with a unified look of a space city or factory. With Metroplex, Max, and Scorp and Trypticon all having dark gray, leaning on that (like for the one playset we've seen revealed) would make for a set with universal appeal and play value. I hope lots of small playsets and retools are on the way. That's such a fun figure and play pattern. They could keep repainting them (and the bridge guy) to match each titan and I'd keep buying them.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044320)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:08pm CST
We've been assuming a sort of straight redo of G1 with the "War for Cybertron Trilogy," but maybe it's really in aesthetics only? Hasbro could be taking a cue from Transformers Prime and The Last Knight, making Earth Unicron in disguise. At the end of Earthrise, Unicron (the Earth) will rise and attack Cybertron. The Quintessons and Quintessa might be trying to oppose Unicron, or be his heralds, or play another role entirely this time around.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044321)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:10pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:This list seems a bit odd to me, especially because it lists two characters that don't really fit the Earth theme...
Nor does Scorponok, yet he's officially confirmed.

How does he not fit the theme? He's a classic G1 toy that has a base mode.
His altmodes aren't Earthen like those of the others seen so far.

I am surprised we still think there's a logic to this, there isn't. Many alt modes in Siege were not cybertronian anyways.

I think we also seem to keep forgetting that Hasbro keeps insisting at conventions and through the promotional texts that Earthrise is NOT actually set on Earth, it's supposed to be set in space. The name and alt modes keeps confusing people.

Personally, I could absolutely see this being real, given:
~We know half of the figures on it are real due to official reveals and previous leaks
~Sky Lynx lines up with the cryptic Commander "leak" we had previously seen
~The line is set in space, so seeing Quintessons here would be more likely than in a line actually set on Earth proper
~We know Hasbro likes mixing obscure characters in with the heavy hitters, and the only figure in the wave of Earthrise we've already seen who I'd consider obscure is Ironworks, so most of the surprises should still be coming
~We know Hasbro has the Quintesson adjacent character of Gnaw/the Sharkticons on their mind from the fan vote, this could be why
~We also have the third Mercenary faction coming, they could easily say the Quintessons hired them and that's what faction these two listings belong to (It wouldn't be the first time a Quintesson character seemingly hired Lockdown, at least)

I really just want to know what those figures look like, as I personally still want all my Transformers figures to actually transform, which the Quintessons aren't known to do, and the name Quintessa has been used to refer to a planet, a Titan, and a weird almost humanoid Quintesson lady before. There would have to be something more to at least the Quintesson listing, wouldn't a Voyager Class Quintesson be too big for Hasbro's cartoon scale unless it did or had something to make it fit that price point?
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044322)
Posted by Skritz on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:22pm CST
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044323)
Posted by STngAR on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:26pm CST
Hmmmm, very interesting news. Although out of it all I'm more exciting for that Scorponok.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044324)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:27pm CST
Skritz wrote:Quintessa, a character from a total flop of a movie being ported to G1? I somehow highly doubt that.

I briefly had blocked TLK out of my mind, so I thought you were referring to the 80s movie :lol: Either way, it might be decent? Assuming it happens at all
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044325)
Posted by Skritz on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:28pm CST
That said, I have to say: I do have some decently high hopes for Mercenaries. Which I'm sure will be horribly dashed.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044327)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:44pm CST
Not interested in the MPMs, since I just stick with Studio Series, but I’m sure folks will like ‘em.

Consider me interested in the Quintesson and Sky Lynx, but I was hoping for Tidal Wave for the Commander class slot.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044329)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:49pm CST
Maybe some of these quints are that of those gater like cons or another sharkticon mold and those 5 face guys and crew
Other than the TLK movie quintessa has no g1 reference other than their planet being called that
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044330)
Posted by bluecatcinema on November 11th, 2019 @ 1:50pm CST
I hope the Quintesson rumor is true. We could finally get an actual figure based around those guys.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044333)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 11th, 2019 @ 2:07pm CST
Maybe Quintessa is a new micromaster base complete with bot mode for the mercenary faction. Would be nice if they used the names but give us something new with them.

I still go with the theory that the third part will be more future based hence why we had more than meets the eye nods in Siege and season 1 - 2 bot cars for Earthrise
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044336)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on November 11th, 2019 @ 2:49pm CST
Commander is still far too small for Sky Lynx unless each component is its own commander figure. I think even an old supreme class figure would still be too small but would be the minimum of what he should be. Titan would be the best to fully portray his size, dual bot nature and the fact that he's a quadruped with wings, a long neck and tail. That would have to happen after Scorponok though but I'm fine with that. It would also make sense that all the mainline titan class figures have titan class rivals.

Jetfire is roughly a bit over half the height of Predaking. Now cut that in half to make the two parts of Skylynx and put it on all fours with the articulated wings, neck and tail. He's really not going to be all that much larger than the CW voyager at that point. Much, much heavier but not really all that much larger. Not nearly as much as people are imagining anyway. Sure he's super simple to transform, especially the lynx so it's not like a huge amount of engineering would go into it or that he'd have a huge parts count in that half either but it'd still be way too small all things considered. Unless they make a CW/PotP size Predaking. Then he'd be the perfect size...yet still too small at the same time.

Yeah I'll still get it but I'm not looking forward to a commander sized Skylynx if the rumors are true.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044339)
Posted by william-james88 on November 11th, 2019 @ 3:26pm CST
Alpha Weltall wrote:Commander is still far too small for Sky Lynx unless each component is its own commander figure.

Wasnt he the same size as computron in the cartoon?
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044340)
Posted by NeonPrime on November 11th, 2019 @ 3:36pm CST
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044342)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 11th, 2019 @ 4:01pm CST
NeonPrime wrote:Wow, Skylynx and the Quintessons are definitely interesting. Personally I was hoping to see more of the original 1984 line up, especially Sunstreaker,Jazz and Huffer. Siege has been a great way for me to finally add those characters to my collection.

There's still time for some of them. Sunstreaker especially
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044343)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on November 11th, 2019 @ 4:09pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

There's still time for some of them. Sunstreaker especially

I'd be surprised if we didn't see a new Sunstreaker soon given the new Sideswipe from Siege
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044344)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 11th, 2019 @ 4:13pm CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

There's still time for some of them. Sunstreaker especially

Don't be, we never got Sideswipe in Combiner Wars ;)
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044345)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on November 11th, 2019 @ 4:19pm CST
I bet a million dollars we see Sunstreaker before the Earthrise Mercenaries Micromaster base Quintessa.

I'm so excited about this bridge this guy is going to sell me, it's in Brooklyn, it's gotta be worth a fortune.
Re: Rumours of Upcoming Figures include Earthrise Quintesson, Quintessa, Skylynx and More (2044346)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 11th, 2019 @ 4:25pm CST
Hey its just a bit of fun ;) why so serious. I mean I know we're not getting a quint micromaster base, my thing was that Quintessa was a place name, the same as the other bases. There's more likelyhood that it's a renamed alicon, if it's true at all.

On some level I'd rather no quints at all, as I thought they just weren't good (their allies not included in this)

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Deluxe Blast Off. Delivery is Free" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie DD04 crank case" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 TRANSFORMERS SUPER CYBORG MEGATRON SUPER7 FIGURE EXCLUSIVE NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots series 1 Spud Muffin #12" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WFC WAR FOR CYBERTRON SIEGE VOYAGER GREENLIGHT ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons Bruticus" on EBAY
Buy "2009 SDCC 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANSFORMERS G1 SOUNDWAVE WITH 4  EXCLUSIVE TAPES" on EBAY