Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 1:12pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 113,541

Fellow Seibertronian Decepticon Sunstorm found a post online from TF Fan Chainclaw which relates to images of unrevealed toys he saw. He gives a detailed list of his thoughts on them below but here is the breakdown. Remember of course, that since this is all unrevealed items, take this with a grain of salt, as we do when we usually get rumours of this kind. Not only that these are subject to a persons point of view, but there have been many occurences of Hasbro not releasing a product that was being developed. Now onto the latest rumours of toys that might come out at the tail end of 2016 or in 2017:

Headmaster Triplechanger Megatron which can turn into a jet and a tank. Will probably be used for Blitzwing.

Getaway as a repaint of Chromedome.

Headmaster Triggerhappy (his G1 toy was a Targetmaster).

Headmaster Hot Rod

Headmaster Triplechanger Alpha Trion (while we have seen the art for this toy, Chainclaw did expand on the vehiclemode looking like Vector Prime's).

Transformers News: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys
Transformers Convention & Club Exclusives Alpha Trion Gallery

Headmaster Weirdwolf

Headmaster Doublecross

Magnus Prime, which is a blue redeco of Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus, as a reference to the Diaclone Ultra Magnus.

Transformers News: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys
Transformers Generation One Diaclone Ultra Magnus (Movie Preview Version Ultra Magnus) Gallery

Decepticon Clones made up of components looking like the Predaking ones. For example there was a Horri-Bull which could double as Tantrum.

Legends Sharkticon (Gnaw)

Legends Reflector (Shockwave redeco)

Legends Kickback

Legends Brawn

SDCC Fort Max comes with Red Sword. This was already hinted at in a previous leak which mentioned an exclusive sword.

Here is the detailed breakdown with extra descriptions and thoughts on what Chainclaw saw:
Chainclaw wrote:An anonymous friend of mine showed me a bunch of stuff on his computer last night that Hasbro is working on. A couple things were just concept art, or those packets they show investors. But the majority was actual toys. Anyways, he said I could talk about it online, as long as I didn't mention him by name.

So that said, it would be great to have some images, to represent what I saw when I'm talking to people. So I have a series of requests that are spoilers of what's coming later in 2016 and 2017. So anyone not wanting to know shouldn't read past this point. Cool?

Okay, I saw a Headmaster Star Convoy / Laser Prime from G2. It pretty much looks like Star Convoy, except that star-ish shaped yellow thing on his chest looks blockier, like a letter T. And his shoulders are very Laser Prime, sticking up high, with two circle things on the front of each one. In truck mode he's long nosed, but red. Not black with red flames.

Just as Sentinel Prime was obviously Astrotrain, Headmaster Megatron is obviously Blitzwing, but with a Megatron head. You can see his tank turret on his back, and jet fins on his ankles. He comes with two guns which merge to form his big cannon that can plug into his arm. Megatron's head looks very G1 in head mode. In "Nebulon" mode it has a red torso, and grey limbs.

Chromedome's getting repainted as Getaway. Head looks G1.

Triggerhappy is a headmaster who looks very G1.

Hot Rod is a headmaster who looks G1 in vehicle mode. Robot mode looks vaguely IDW to me. Small waste. Long thinghs. Big hexagonal kneepads with vents in them.

Alpha Trion's a triple changer. Beast Mode is a wolf with a unicorn horn (I have no idea why). Jet mode looks very Vector Prime.

Weirdwolf looks good. Very G1.

Powermaster Prime is getting a Diaclone repaint, so it's a blue COE truck. They seem to be calling it Magnus Prime or something along those lines (I can't remember for sure). Odd, since it's not white.

Tidal Wave seems to be coming back (investor art, photoshopped, rough). Looks like it'll share a mold with Broadside. Vehicle mode seems to be USS Flagg homage. Part of "strength series". Tidal Wave's head is called Powerhouse. Grey body. Green limbs.

Decepticon Clones. Looked to me like they have a Predaking. And the D-clones were Predaking parts. Same with Horri-Bull.

Sharkticon looks very round and G1.

Technobots look like you'd expect. But Afterburner is weird. Instead of making him G1, or just an orange Takara Groove, he's got this really long warped/bent windshield. It looks awkward to me. But that was my only complaint from everything I saw.

SDCC Fort Max comes with red sword. Has blue hands, instead of white.
That's all I can remember right now. Anyways, very excited. Would love to have any of these done up, just for the sake of chatting with friends about it on FB, etc.

Thanks-

Credit(s): Chainclaw

This article was last modified on Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 8:47pm CST

Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768969)
Posted by Deadput on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:17pm CST

And many of them such as Getaway sound like things Hasbro would do which helps make it more believable at least in my eyes.
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768971)
Posted by william-james88 on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:20pm CST
Deadput wrote:A few years ago we would all be like that's so fake but with the last few months rumors have become more or less true in some form so I think this is likely to be accurate in some way.

Yeah, rumours of repaints like that and Diaclone Magnus are easier to beleive.
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768972)
Posted by Autobot N on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:20pm CST

Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768973)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:22pm CST

What does the decepticon clone thing mean? I doubt they would release a bunch of nobody characters for troop building, but the connection to Predaking is even more confusing. I'm all for a Predaking but I would like him to be done right.
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768974)
Posted by Autobot N on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:24pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I like most of this. Bit disappointing about broadside and tidal wave being Voyager sized. I think it makes sense to share a mold for them but I think it should be a leader. Also not keen on another blitzwing, especially not one sharing a mold with Megatron. And I could do without a diaclone repaint of prime. Cool idea for those that like them, just not for me.

Pounce and Wingspan
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768976)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:26pm CST
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:

Pounce and Wingspan

Oh sweet, I forgot about those guys!
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768978)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:27pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Headmaster Laser Prime which looks to be inspired by both Star Convoy and G2 Prime.

So I guess he'll be a Leader class. :-?

william-james88 wrote:Magnus Prime, which is a blue redeco of Power Master Prime, as a reference to the Diaclone Ultra Magnus.

So Ultra Magnus is a Prime now, too?! Is he just a redeco or maybe a retool. Would be cool if he's something inbetween CW UM and TR PMOP to have the "shoulder towers".

william-james88 wrote:Tidal Wave which may share the mold with Broadside. Probably a triple changer and thus a voyager headmaster.

Like I mentioned before I could really imagine Broadside, and so Tidalwave now, being Leader classes with a base mode which looks like an aircraftcarrier. But to hear that Broadside is now more likely to happen... :DANCE:
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768980)
Posted by Deadput on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:32pm CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:

So I guess he'll be a Leader class. :-?

Or voyager it's possible guess too.
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768981)
Posted by ScottyP on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:33pm CST
Wonder if Tidal Wave's third mode is a whale?
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768983)
Posted by Autobot N on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:34pm CST
ScottyP wrote:Wonder if Tidal Wave's third mode is a whale?

Probably a jet, if he shares a mold with Broadside.
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768984)
Posted by mblase75 on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:36pm CST
"Anyways, he said I could talk about it online, as long as I didn't mention him by name."

For your friend's sake, I hope Hasbro doesn't provide unique false leads to different employees as a technique for identifying leaks.
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768985)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:36pm CST
So if this is all true then we have our Predaking.

Horribull - tantrum
Horribull - headstrong
Wingspan - divebomb
Pounce - rampage
New mold? - razorclaw
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768986)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:38pm CST
Deadput wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

So I guess he'll be a Leader class. :-?

Or voyager it's possible guess too.

And how would he be inspired by Star Convoy then?
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768987)
Posted by william-james88 on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:39pm CST
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:Yeah, who thought we would ever see a Headmaster-Triplechanger-Lion/Wolf/Thing Alpha Trion?

Excuse me, but that would be a Headmaster-Triplechanger-Lion/Unicorn Wolf/Thing Alpha Trion, thank you ;)

steals_your_goats wrote: the connection to Predaking is even more confusing. I'm all for a Predaking but I would like him to be done right.

I am also confused.

Lunatic Prime wrote:

So I guess he'll be a Leader class. :-?

If he is to go with Megatron, then he would be voyager class.

If you read the description below, the author states that he is not certain of the name. Also, I find it really weird how an homage to Diaclone Magnus would be a blue version of the PMOP mold and NOT the actualy Magnus mold.

[/quote]

We are not certain its a voyager, that is just extrapolation from the fact that its a triple changer. The aircraft carrier mode could be a base mode instead and they could both be leaders, nothing is known beyond what is written in the quote in the article which is:

Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768988)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:40pm CST
Hot Rod eh? Could be cool (I hope it's not like the IDW Rod though cos I loathe that design). Though I worry his head is too round to successfully function as a Titan Master without making it blocky and ugly like what happened to Scourge. But with Blurr and Hot Rod could we see Kup too?
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768989)
Posted by Autobot N on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:43pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768990)
Posted by mblase75 on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:43pm CST
So glad to here that Weirdwolf is on the way -- but no Highbrow? C'mon, Hasbro....
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768994)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:51pm CST
Weirdwolf and Alpha Trion both are wolves? Wonder which one could possibly get a Carnivac repaint? Most likely Weirdwolf but I'd like to see what the bot modes look like. I still have my custom painted Cybertron Snarl as Carnivac but would like an official figure (if it measures up to my high standards for one of my all time fave characters). :)
Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768996)
Posted by MemphisR56 on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:54pm CST
Broadside, Getaway, Rodimus, Pounce & Wingspan, Horribull, Weirdwolf, Gnaw:

Triggerhappy, Megatron, Alpha Trion, Magnus Prime, Tidal Wave:

Re: Rundown of Rumoured Upcoming Transformers Titans Return Toys: Broadside, Getaway, Legends Kickback and Reflector and More (1768997)
Posted by william-james88 on February 23rd, 2016 @ 1:58pm CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

So I guess he'll be a Leader class. :-?

Or voyager it's possible guess too.

And how would he be inspired by Star Convoy then?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "*READ** Transformers Netflix Edition WFC Earthrise Optimus & Siege Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Cliffjumper with head upgrade complete Generations G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Cyclonus complete G1 Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers Takara Tomy Legends LG12 Windblade - Mint SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Takara Legends LG10 Arcee - Mint Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-17 Blackarachnia - Mint Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars First Aid Of Defensor, Protectobots, Autobot Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Jetfire lg07" on EBAY