Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin

Transformers News: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin

Monday, March 18th, 2019 6:20PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 23,574

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Seibertronian Targetmaster Joe, we have word that a running change has come to the War for Cybertron Siege Starscream mold. This information, which comes to us from SephTheStoryteller on Twitter, shows that in place of a simple friction hinge for the top of the chest, which has been found on most of the first release versions of the Starscream mold, there has been a pin added.

Now it is important to note that originally, it seemed as though there was supposed to be a pin in the hinge and it was left off the Starscreams that have shown up in hand, as you can see in a video review below from Emgo316, so it appears to be a case of the manufacturers finally adding a pin that may have been meant to be there from the beginning. The pin now secures the chest piece to the main body, allowing you to transform the mold without popping off the chest every time.

A similar case of a pin added to a simple friction hinge was found in the Studio Series Bumblebee mold, where a pin was added to the Clunker Bumblebee version of the mold, potentially following wide spread issues with the original's car roof falling off of the figure.

Let us know what you think of this new running change in the comments section below!

EDIT: After no other confirmed reports, it seems this was a hoax.

Transformers News: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin

Transformers News: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin

Transformers News: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin

Credit(s): SephTheStoryteller @Twitter
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015106)
Posted by SgtNateV on March 18th, 2019 @ 6:42pm CDT
Look, can we not jump to conclusions just yet? Who knows if either this is a modded and returned figure or the guy who tweeted it modded it himself and decided to be a dick and act like it's an official running change.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015117)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on March 18th, 2019 @ 7:20pm CDT
That's two pins and not a single pin. There's a HUGE difference between the two with this figure. As someone who has modified mine two days ago when I bought it, it's not that simple to just drill out holes on the grey armature and shove a single pin in. You also need to trim off some plastic along the inner collar piece that covers the hinge on the back of the neck plate while in tetra jet mode. You don't need to do this when putting two pins in.

It also looks like those pins are a bit too long and generally pins put in by the manufacturers tend to be on the short side as to not have metal jutting out of the figures for people to cut themselves on. If you were to push those pins in further so that they don't stick out the sides of the chest plate then you run back into the problem I had when putting a single pin in. They'll bump into the piece I talked about earlier that I had to cut off. So to me, it seems that this is someone's attempt at a mod.

And this is a picture of my mod that I posted on a few Facebook groups yesterday.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015132)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 18th, 2019 @ 8:41pm CDT
SgtNateV wrote:Look, can we not jump to conclusions just yet? Who knows if either this is a modded and returned figure or the guy who tweeted it modded it himself and decided to be a dick and act like it's an official running change.


With multiple reports?
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015142)
Posted by BaltousPrime789 on March 18th, 2019 @ 9:44pm CDT
How fitting that when I saw saw this, I instantly thought of Emgo's review of the very figure that they made the improvement to it. It is reviewers like Emgo they brings up the topic with toy makers, the issue of Quality Control. I am glad to see the toy makers, are in fact, responding to them on this.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015146)
Posted by TargetmasterJoe on March 18th, 2019 @ 10:45pm CDT
A thousand apologies, but it's been recently discovered that it’s entirely possible that it might not be a running change, but a modification by the OP themselves.

Sorry about this development... :(
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015156)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 19th, 2019 @ 12:25am CDT
I searched another Walmart tonight, and found a single Wave 2 Deluxe SIEGE figure on the pegs. It happened to be Prowl. Yes, I bought him. I'm pretty satisfied with him as a new "Classics" figure for my collection. I don't have a problem with the proportions or height of the figure as some do. The transformation is intuitive and gets the job done perfectly to create that G1 Prowl silhouette. What the figure lacks is paint apps, or perhaps better paint app choices. He needed more colors than just some yellow on his pelvis and biceps. I like the effect of the painted silver parts under the clear plastic, but the figure would have popped even more had they used a light blue instead, a la the recent Anime Colors edition of Masterpiece Prowl. The headlights are barely painted with tiny little dabs of yellow above them. They really needed some silver (or light blue) paint there instead to break up the chest more. Maybe we'll get a special edition of Prowl with more premium paint apps in a few years? I'm hoping Reprolabels will do a good set for SIEGE Prowl. I might invest if I like what they come up with. At any rate, I'm looking forward to this mold as Bluestreak, Smokescreen, and Barricade.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015172)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 19th, 2019 @ 7:19am CDT
I really hope this is true. I found a Starscream this weekend, and the first thing that happened was the chest piece fell off. It really doesn't stay in place well at all.
In the case that this is a modification, anyone have any videos showing how to do it?
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015174)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 19th, 2019 @ 7:42am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I really hope this is true. I found a Starscream this weekend, and the first thing that happened was the chest piece fell off. It really doesn't stay in place well at all.
In the case that this is a modification, anyone have any videos showing how to do it?


The Starscream I have the only time I have trouble with the panel is transforming him. It stays on just fine in robot and jet modes. If you’re gentle with it it’ll stay on during transformation too.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015175)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 19th, 2019 @ 8:20am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:The Starscream I have the only time I have trouble with the panel is transforming him. It stays on just fine in robot and jet modes. If you’re gentle with it it’ll stay on during transformation too.


Mine seems to be the same. The panel holds on just fine in both modes, but would pop off the first couple of times I transformed him. Once I had the transformation down pat, it was easier to be gentle on that area when transforming an it hasn't popped off since.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015192)
Posted by william-james88 on March 19th, 2019 @ 10:35am CDT
TargetmasterJoe wrote:A thousand apologies, but it's been recently discovered that it’s entirely possible that it might not be a running change, but a modification by the OP themselves.

Sorry about this development... :(


Can you please provide a link to where you found that info?
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015197)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 19th, 2019 @ 11:14am CDT
Soundwave and Starscream are back in stock at retail on Amazon.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015198)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on March 19th, 2019 @ 11:24am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I really hope this is true. I found a Starscream this weekend, and the first thing that happened was the chest piece fell off. It really doesn't stay in place well at all.
In the case that this is a modification, anyone have any videos showing how to do it?


It literally takes like 2 minutes or less if you have a drill and a thin bit. Just put a hole into each side of the grey armature and insert two small pins in each side of the chest when it's back together. If you don't have two small pins and would like to use one long pin then look at the picture I posted a few comments back and compare it to the similar picture in this article to see exactly what piece to cut off.

It took me longer because it was 3am when I did it and I didn't want to use a drill and wake everyone up. So I bore the holes out with a screwdriver which took me about five minutes or so total. It's really just putting holes in the grey piece. Just put the holes where the little nubs are or use the pin holes in the chest piece to guide the drilling device to the correct location. Again though, if you use one long pin or if you use two shorter pins that are too long to be covered by the chest and grey piece completely then you'll need to cut some plastic. If you use two short pins that sit completely covered by the chest and grey piece then all you need to do is make the holes. It's a really simple mod.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015199)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 19th, 2019 @ 11:40am CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:I really hope this is true. I found a Starscream this weekend, and the first thing that happened was the chest piece fell off. It really doesn't stay in place well at all.
In the case that this is a modification, anyone have any videos showing how to do it?


It literally takes like 2 minutes or less if you have a drill and a thin bit. Just put a hole into each side of the grey armature and insert two small pins in each side of the chest when it's back together. If you don't have two small pins and would like to use one long pin then look at the picture I posted a few comments back and compare it to the similar picture in this article to see exactly what piece to cut off.

It took me longer because it was 3am when I did it and I didn't want to use a drill and wake everyone up. So I bore the holes out with a screwdriver which took me about five minutes or so total. It's really just putting holes in the grey piece. Just put the holes where the little nubs are or use the pin holes in the chest piece to guide the drilling device to the correct location. Again though, if you use one long pin or if you use two shorter pins that are too long to be covered by the chest and grey piece completely then you'll need to cut some plastic. If you use two short pins that sit completely covered by the chest and grey piece then all you need to do is make the holes. It's a really simple mod.



Where can you get pins?
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015200)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 19th, 2019 @ 11:43am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:I really hope this is true. I found a Starscream this weekend, and the first thing that happened was the chest piece fell off. It really doesn't stay in place well at all.
In the case that this is a modification, anyone have any videos showing how to do it?


It literally takes like 2 minutes or less if you have a drill and a thin bit. Just put a hole into each side of the grey armature and insert two small pins in each side of the chest when it's back together. If you don't have two small pins and would like to use one long pin then look at the picture I posted a few comments back and compare it to the similar picture in this article to see exactly what piece to cut off.

It took me longer because it was 3am when I did it and I didn't want to use a drill and wake everyone up. So I bore the holes out with a screwdriver which took me about five minutes or so total. It's really just putting holes in the grey piece. Just put the holes where the little nubs are or use the pin holes in the chest piece to guide the drilling device to the correct location. Again though, if you use one long pin or if you use two shorter pins that are too long to be covered by the chest and grey piece completely then you'll need to cut some plastic. If you use two short pins that sit completely covered by the chest and grey piece then all you need to do is make the holes. It's a really simple mod.



Where can you get pins?


Ditto
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015207)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on March 19th, 2019 @ 1:10pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Where can you get pins?


Ditto

The pin I used was one of the ones I took out from either my PotP Optimal Optimus or the Throne of the Primes Optimus Primal when I took the smaller Primal figure off the backpack. It's not quite long enough to reach end to end on the chest plate but it's long enough to hold everything together. I have several other extra pins from the old CHMS Lambor kits too but they're in places I don't remember right now since I moved and haven't bothered unpacking. I would imagine being able to get them from Home Depot or a hobby shop though. If you have some junk figures lying around then pop the pins out of them to use for this. Cut them down if you want so that they're the correct length for each side if you don't want to cut plastic off your figure by putting a long one in. As long as they're long enough to hold the grey armature to the chest plate then they don't even have to be long to begin with.

I guess not everyone has extra pins and junk figures lying around like me but they shouldn't be too difficult to find.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015209)
Posted by Autobot N on March 19th, 2019 @ 1:25pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Soundwave and Starscream are back in stock at retail on Amazon.
Thanks, just grabbed Soundwave!
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015212)
Posted by william-james88 on March 19th, 2019 @ 1:50pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:I guess not everyone has extra pins and junk figures lying around like me but they shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Oh, I have junk figures, I didnt think of that.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015221)
Posted by carytheone on March 19th, 2019 @ 2:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:I guess not everyone has extra pins and junk figures lying around like me but they shouldn't be too difficult to find.
Oh, I have junk figures, I didnt think of that.
Roll pins are what you will typically find at hardware and auto parts store. Did a quick look and had a hard time finding small solid pins (probably not using the correct description (tried roll, dowel, catch, tension & fastener pins)). Small finishing nails cut to size and sanded smooth would also work.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015224)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on March 19th, 2019 @ 2:45pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:I guess not everyone has extra pins and junk figures lying around like me but they shouldn't be too difficult to find.
Oh, I have junk figures, I didnt think of that.
Roll pins are what you will typically find at hardware and auto parts store. Did a quick look and had a hard time finding small solid pins (probably not using the correct description (tried roll, dowel, catch, tension & fastener pins)). Small finishing nails cut to size and sanded smooth would also work.

Indeed. Thin nails, thick staples or paper clips all cut to size. It doesn't have to be normal pins.
Broken screw driver tips from an eye glass kit, pin vice files, the plastic coated metal twist ties from old Transformer packaging. Just use your imagination and jam some metal in the holes. It doesn't even have to be metal. Use a tooth pick. Maybe some sprinkles could work lol.
Re: Running Change Found in Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Starscream - Added Chest Pin (2015227)
Posted by carytheone on March 19th, 2019 @ 3:15pm CDT
So has anyone tried centaur mode with Ultra Magnus yet?

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
Twincast / Podcast #232:
"NYCC 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Crosscut Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chromia Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition Raptor Figure - Dinobot Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Burnout and Lift Ticket. New In Bag! NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Cody Burns Walker Cleveland Billy Blastoff Jack Tracker" on EBAY
Buy "2010 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BLURR Autobot Deluxe Class CHUG MOC NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations BLURR Complete Chug Classics Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 30th Generations COSMOS & PAYLOAD Minibot Legends Class Sealed NEW" on EBAY