RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works?

RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works?

Saturday, November 8th, 2008 5:13pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 12,791

IDW Publishing Editor Chris Ryall has updated his personal blog Ryall Time with a "mystery cover" for an unknown upcoming feature.

{L_IMAGE}

Could it be Spotlight: Jazz? Given the art its definitely a possibility. E.J. Su is the artist who used the same Jazz format as from the "-Tion" series, battling Razorclaw whose body style remains the same as from the Stormbringer saga.

We'll have to wait to see what the cover is for. March 2009 is the slated time frame for release.

Checkout the full size image here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (830799)
Posted by Blurrz on November 8th, 2008 @ 5:22pm CST
With 'Spotlight' quality being pretty good these days, having something involving Jazz would be pretty spectacular. I can't wait!
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (830800)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 8th, 2008 @ 5:22pm CST
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (830801)
Posted by First Gen on November 8th, 2008 @ 5:28pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:For all we know it could be spotlight Razorclaw? If I were to guess I'd say it's something to do with the next story arc after maximum dinobots.

Don't know about Spotlight: Razorclaw as he's not the dominant figure on the cover. True its close to 50/50 cover space for both characters, but Razorclaw is clearly on the defensive here and his arm is blocking his face and chest, suggesting he's not the star of the cover.

And not to be nit picky, but technically all the spotlights fit within the recent story arcs released. :P
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (830899)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2008 @ 8:06pm CST
Or it could be Spotlight: Ricochet.
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (830900)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on November 8th, 2008 @ 8:08pm CST
YES! I'm so glad the Preds are back. Razorclaw ftw!
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (830960)
Posted by JazZeke on November 8th, 2008 @ 11:28pm CST
Either character deserves and would make for an excellent Spotlight. Both characters are my favorite out of each faction, and Jazz is my absolute favorite G1 character. I've been Jonesing for a Jazz Spotlight for some time, and if it turned out to be his coming out on my birthmonth, I would spazz out!
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (831047)
Posted by Burritotron on November 9th, 2008 @ 8:03am CST
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (831070)
Posted by Oilspill on November 9th, 2008 @ 9:23am CST
Excellent. The spotlights have all been very good and I'm really looking forward to one that delves into Jazz's character.

And it's pretty clear it will be a Jazz spotlight, because Ryall's post is titled "All That Jazz" and the filename is ej_JazzCover_bw.jpg.

Should be awesome B-)
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (831084)
Posted by JazZeke on November 9th, 2008 @ 9:59am CST
Burritotron wrote:I bet this could be the looks for universe 2.0 jazz. I recognize that vehicle on his chest. that a Porsche(911)Carrera, the new one. I would be syked to own that as a toy. :D

Actually he's been in that form for three years now, ever since IDW got the license to Transformers. So that's no indicator of an upcoming toy, sadly.
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (831148)
Posted by Sky Glory of Iacon on November 9th, 2008 @ 12:46pm CST
JazZeke wrote:

Oh there has to be a toy! No doubt about it. If they had a Prowl they can have a Jazz, Meister, Munka Spanka, or whatever. But if thier is a Jazz Spotlight I would buy it and it's covers. Jazz gets so undervalued as a charector. One of the things I love about All Hail Megatron is the fact that Jazz is not typecasted as the black bot. He is being cool headed, keeping hope alive that the autobots will get though this. In a way he is acting kinda like a petitular presidenal elect.
Re: RyallTime: Could Spotlight: Jazz be in the works? (831242)
Posted by i_amtrunks on November 9th, 2008 @ 3:37pm CST
If this ties into the AHM series, then it could be a very interesting read, since Jazz knew more than he was letting on in the latest issue of AHM.

Perhaps Jazz is an unintentional traitor... (that would not go down well)

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Generation 1: MP-08 Grimlock Robots Action Figu…" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Lot of Transformers Omnibot OVERDRIVE, Brawn, And Wheelie For Parts" on EBAY