San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found

San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found

Sunday, August 21st, 2016 9:36pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 32,163

On this Sunday evening, we bring to you a discovery that has been made by our own Shauyaun. The San Diego Comic Con version of Fortress Maximus includes the More Than Meets The Eye theme song when you hold down on his chest button for about 3-5 seconds! The regular Hasbro release has been said to not include the sound as it is a San Diego exclusive, but the Takara release will include the classic Headmasters theme song. Check out the video showing off the sound below!

Credit(s): Shauyaun Chaudeganipour

Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817358)
Posted by shauyaun on August 21st, 2016 @ 10:01pm CDT
I should get a Nobel prize for my discovery! 8-)
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817359)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 21st, 2016 @ 10:02pm CDT
Shauyaun wrote:I should get a Nobel prize for my discovery! 8-)

Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817363)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 21st, 2016 @ 10:07pm CDT
Shauyaun wrote:I should get a Nobel prize for my discovery! 8-)

I believe you got your first news credit. ;)
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817364)
Posted by nycPrime on August 21st, 2016 @ 10:22pm CDT
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817365)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 21st, 2016 @ 10:30pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:Don't want to burst your bubble, but this was reported by BWTF about a month ago: http://www.bwtf.com/news/titansreturn-s ... ax-g1sound

Eh, it got lost in the shuffle. Besides, lot of people did not know, and it's fun to find things like that
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817390)
Posted by RAR on August 22nd, 2016 @ 4:25am CDT
Japanese Bandai toys or the Transformers Go team leaders also play tunes as d some of the larger Movie Bumblebees.
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817396)
Posted by shauyaun on August 22nd, 2016 @ 6:01am CDT

Oh :(
And all because I just got my FORTMAX yesterday :-(
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817398)
Posted by shauyaun on August 22nd, 2016 @ 6:16am CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
Shauyaun wrote:I should get a Nobel prize for my discovery! 8-)

I believe you got your first news credit. ;)

Speaking of,will I keep the credit? :???:
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817401)
Posted by nycPrime on August 22nd, 2016 @ 7:00am CDT
I say keep it unless BWTF files a formal protest lol
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817403)
Posted by shauyaun on August 22nd, 2016 @ 7:23am CDT
nycPrime wrote:I say keep it unless BWTF files a formal protest lol

Every one shhhh :-$
Keep quiet
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817405)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 22nd, 2016 @ 7:55am CDT
Shauyaun wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Shauyaun wrote:I should get a Nobel prize for my discovery! 8-)

I believe you got your first news credit. ;)

Speaking of,will I keep the credit? :???:

You already got the credit, it ain't goin' away!
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817412)
Posted by william-james88 on August 22nd, 2016 @ 8:31am CDT
Shauyaun wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Shauyaun wrote:I should get a Nobel prize for my discovery! 8-)

I believe you got your first news credit. ;)

Speaking of,will I keep the credit? :???:

Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817427)
Posted by MrBlack on August 22nd, 2016 @ 9:21am CDT
MrBlack wrote:So, my SDCC Fortress Maximus came last night. I'm mostly pleased with it except for two things.

First, the bicep swivel is very loose. The weight of the forearms makes it hard to pose him. Not sure how best to try and tighten that up on my end.

Second, Cerebros came with two left arms:

I've got an email out to Hasbro about it, so we'll see what they say. Even with the bicep swivel issue, I think I'd rather just have them ship me a new arm rather than return the whole thing.

For anyone who wanted an update...

HTS sent me a shipping label to return it. It will be mailed today (I was out of town last week). I am hoping for a straight replacement, but if not, the representative I emailed said they would send me a regular Fort Max or just issue a refund.

We will see how things go.
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817428)
Posted by primalxconvoy on August 22nd, 2016 @ 9:32am CDT
"We now return to the Headmasters..."
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817572)
Posted by shauyaun on August 22nd, 2016 @ 5:48pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Of course, its not about finding it first, its about relaying us fun information :)

so... Anyone know how to store over 3 data discs on the FOC soundwave/blaster/soundblaster?
And is there a descovery thread where I can share this stuff?
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817579)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 22nd, 2016 @ 5:55pm CDT
Shauyaun wrote:

And is there a descovery thread where I can share this stuff?

There are the translucent plastic cases for the data discs... ;)

Are you looking for the FOC thread? That'd have to be searched for as it hasn't been active for some time. Or are you looking for THINGS YOUR TRANSFORMERS CAN DO THAT YOU NEVER REALISED?
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1817582)
Posted by shauyaun on August 22nd, 2016 @ 5:57pm CDT
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1818677)
Posted by Cyrano on August 25th, 2016 @ 3:49pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:mind posting some pics of that Soundwave?

Sorry to be slow replying to this, I've been a little under the weather. My phone camera is the best I have right now, so sorry in advance.

*Edit* -- By Unicron's beard, I've finally got Imgur embeds working. Had to use the URL rather than the provided "share" link, drop the mobile m., and add .jpg to the end of the URL. Gosh.

He has nice, nonfunctional volume, power and lock buttons on the sides

And a headphone jack...

...That can snugly fit an actual pair of 'phones! It's very snug though, so I wouldn't do it often.

He has a pretty convincing camera in the back

But the rest of the back is pretty much just the best robot pancake you've ever seen.

For the transformation, the bottom part comes off

The back of it stores the two guns

...Which can combine stick together into a bigger gun.

The rest of the bottom part transforms into a little robot animal buddy. I've heard it called Laserbeak, but I think it looks a lot more like Ratbat. The tablet's dataport is a bit of a stretch as a face, but it's also kind of cute.

A chunk of the screen is also removed for transformation, which is then a shield for the robot. The inside has some nice sculpting, with bits that look like processors, etc.

The rest of the tablet transforms quite nicely. The robot is pretty thin, as expected, but adds extra bulk in pretty much all the right places to still feel like he has enough substance.

He's remarkably well articulated too, although a little quirkily. Lots of swivels and hinges, many of which are ratchety. His legs especially have a ton of range, including some of the most flexible ankles I've ever played with. He's well balanced too, thanks largely to his sizeable feet.

His biggest articulation limit is that his head doesn't move. In order to make it three dimensional enough, it's actually formed of three slabs. It's pretty fun and satisfying in the transformation, but definitely makes him less expressive.

Thanks to smart placement of the connection parts for the bottom part of the tablet, Ratbat can also connect to Soundwave's back as a pair of wings/fins/whatever. It looks nice and it's good to have the extra interaction.

Here he is alongside Device Label Soundwave and Vector Prime. Most of my robots are packed right now from a recent-ish move, so I didn't have any other Soundwaves handy.

That's all the pictures I took! If anyone has any questions or wants to see anything I didn't single out let me know!
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1818679)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 25th, 2016 @ 3:53pm CDT
Cyrano wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:mind posting some pics of that Soundwave?

I'm having a bit of trouble with embedding Imgur images, I'm stuck on mobile and can't tell if I have it working from the preview. I'll edit the rest of the images in once I figure it out :???:

Yeah the picture did not work, but take your time!
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Fortress Maximus Secret Sound Found (1819085)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 26th, 2016 @ 11:41pm CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Cyrano we bring to you a bunch of new pictures and a little review on the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Tablet Soundwave! Soundwave is a very complex piece of real life turned into a robot, and does a nice job of capturing the classic Soundwave look. Check out all the images below, and let us know what you think!

Cyrano wrote:Anyway, he's a very nice Transformer. It's a wonderful tablet, even if the screen does look a little shattered. Just like the real thing, his glossy screen is prone to picking up fingerprints.

He has nice, nonfunctional volume, power and lock buttons on the sides

And a headphone jack...

He has a pretty convincing camera in the back

For the transformation, the bottom part comes off

The back of it stores the two guns

...Which can combine stick together into a bigger gun.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY