Sunday, August 2nd, 2015 6:51pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,441

Scotty P has some fun stuff for us. The elusive Generations Cyber series, of simplified voyager and leader sized Transformers toys featuring G1 characters, has shipped from Robot Kingdom (and has dissapeared from BBTS listings, curiouser and curiouser) and Sctotty P got his hands on them. He has provided us some pictures to show the scale as well as a list of all the articulation found on the figures. Enjoy!

ScottyP wrote:Didn't have as much time as expected and cell camera is starting to spaz out, but here's some of the requested comparisons.

Transformers News: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series

This one may only interest me, but just wanted to show that while the "small" Bee from this line shares engineering with the upscaled BH Cyberverse Deluxe, they are definitely not the same mold retooled or further upscaled:

Lit of Articulation:

• Cyber Commander Prime - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, ankle tilts
  • Cyber Commander Bumblebee - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, elbow rotation, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Megatron - Head rotation, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, knees, ankle tilts
  • Grimlock - Head rotation (though very limited due to "collar" like piece around head), shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, knees
  • Optimus Prime - Shoulder rotation, elbow bend, elbow rotation, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Bumblebee - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Starscream - Head rotation, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation

Credit(s): ScottyP

Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715346)
Posted by dragons on August 2nd, 2015 @ 6:57pm CDT

thanks for sharing information well known
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715351)
Posted by ScottyP on August 2nd, 2015 @ 7:14pm CDT
Haha, I would've taken nicer pictures had I known you'd news it up ;) No worries though, and for anyone just hitting the thread - I've got all seven of these guys so if you want to see them comparer to any others let me know and I can deliver more sub-par cell phone camera shots!
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715354)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2015 @ 7:16pm CDT
dragons wrote:size i did not know, but articulation i could what they have by looking pictures where joints are in robot mode and vehicale mode what articualtion was on these bots

thanks for sharing information well known

Is this a "diss"? As always, I cant understand whatever you write.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715355)
Posted by ScottyP on August 2nd, 2015 @ 7:20pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

thanks for sharing information well known

Is this a "diss"? As always, I cant understand whatever you write.
Ain't no thing, I'm sure they just didn't realize Sabr had asked about it a couple days ago, which is why it was provided :)
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715357)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 2nd, 2015 @ 7:28pm CDT
I actually really like that Starscream. How does he compare to Classics Megatron, size-wise?
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715361)
Posted by Dagon on August 2nd, 2015 @ 8:14pm CDT
The Bumblebee is absolutely horrid looking.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715368)
Posted by Shockwave7 on August 2nd, 2015 @ 8:58pm CDT

Going through some of my old boxes, I saw I had kept the original boxes/packaging for the G1 combaticons and Rumble/Frenzy. Just look at them prices... Those were 80s Deluxes and Voyager. Sure they're bigger now, but I don't know if it merits doubling the prices...
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715371)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2015 @ 9:11pm CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:As throwback-ish as the Cyber Series looks to be, I thought I'd post this photo.

If you are talking prices have you considered inflation and comparison to the increase in other toy lines? I remeber the marvel legends line being 10$ when it started. It doubled in only 10-15 years time. That is a much faster acceleration than the TF price increase.

Actually, f&%k it: Here's an inflation calculator, the increase in toy prices is a myth:

TFs havent increased in significant value in 30 years and have gotten bigger. We have only gained in terms of what money can let us buy in terms of TFs.

What you are really asking is: would you be ok going back to paying these prices and having your salary reduced by half? That is the only logical way to approach your line of thinking.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715384)
Posted by Shockwave7 on August 2nd, 2015 @ 9:58pm CDT
Given I was in High School at the time? I've got more professional experience than that now :) Does this 'calculator' factor that into its equations?
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715387)
Posted by Desslok2201 on August 2nd, 2015 @ 10:02pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715390)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2015 @ 10:17pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:Well, first of all, salaries are not back to where they were pre 2008, and I don't know about you, but when those cards were on the racks, I was 14, with a paper route and mowing lawns... And zero overhead. None. No kids..no mortgage..no car payments.. Jesus, I'm tearing up....

You have to be fair in your comparisons, guys. If you are comparing your pay when you were a kid buying TFs, you should compare it to someone who is that old today buying tfs. To make it easy, I assumed it as parents buying TFs for their kids then and parents buying it for their kids now. Do you make as much, less or more now than your parents made back then? That is the only fair way to compare when dealing with inflation.

How much was a trio at mcdonalds back in the 80s? How much is it now?
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715410)
Posted by RAR on August 3rd, 2015 @ 1:27am CDT
A lot of those hanger cards were under $5.00 that seems like the sort of amount a kid could realistically get their hands on in the 1980's via pocket money or gifts.

The current prices of Deluxes up to $16.99 seems like a price further away from an easily scroungable amount.

It might be argued the "Toy car" size of a legion being over $5.00 has also passed a psychological price limit too.

I like Cyberseries and I appreciate the size but the only one I get less of a sense of 'Owch' at the price is Optimus.

But I guess we need to wait and see as regards the eventual US Retail Prices (if they ever show up).

I do worry they are a bit like all that South American Max Steel & Action Man - something just for South America... heck they might even be cheaper if they were out in some more places in Asia too though.

The import pricing on them would encourage me to be selective - I do like them more than the RID 3 step changers though.

They are an amusing curiosity if nothing else.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715463)
Posted by Valandar on August 3rd, 2015 @ 8:38am CDT
And I disagree... the old combiner limbs were equivalent of Scout sized, with the Autobot Cars being more of the Deluxe equivalent priced at least half again that price.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715473)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 3rd, 2015 @ 9:29am CDT
I really like these. THey will probably just go on a shelf, but they look cool. I only wish they had need joints and then they'd be perfect but oh well.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715476)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 3rd, 2015 @ 9:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

How much was a trio at mcdonalds back in the 80s? How much is it now?

I agree that inflation-wise, items are actually pretty good. What is bad is how much we get paid. Its not really worse but we seem to get paid a little under what we should to adjust for inflation. At least where I live. And location matters. $20 is a lot different to someone making $100 a week than it is for someone making $200 a week. Standard of living doesn't affect toy MSRP.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715494)
Posted by ScottyP on August 3rd, 2015 @ 11:10am CDT
RAR wrote:I do personally think it was a mistake for things like 1-Steps to be sold over $10.00 that is an important psychological price limit.

I agree with this. Weird to me that the new Mini-cons are $5 at retail when the legions run $6 (Walmart) or $9 (everywhere else). That $9 price point is where the one-steps probably should fall.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715501)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 3rd, 2015 @ 12:06pm CDT
Are these sold out at BBTS? I can't even find the listing.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715505)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2015 @ 12:12pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Are these sold out at BBTS? I can't even find the listing.

The listing dissapeared a week or so ago, continuing the mystery.
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715514)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 3rd, 2015 @ 1:07pm CDT
Well there was the brief moment when people thought they could get them. oh well, mysteries abound.

Other than that: These continue to look good. I do like em. The smaller Bee and the actual Full truck and trailer mode Optimus look better. That megs is nice too! :BOT:
Re: Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series (1715534)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 3rd, 2015 @ 1:34pm CDT
Yeah I was waiting until after I paid my bills to get them and now...gone. :(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

Buy "Galvatron 100% Complete Ultra RID Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Robots In Disguise Mega 3 Step Changer Hasbro 2015" on EBAY
Buy "*RARE* Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Megatronus TRU Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz Lot (Jazz, Ratchet) G1 characters!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Combaticons Bruticus 5 Figures + Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Signed Shia LeBeouf Human Alliance Bumblebee Sam Witwicky in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Mini-Con Deployers Autobot Drift and Jetstorm Fi" on EBAY
Buy "Inferno Energon 100% Complete 2003 RID Transformers Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY