Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153

Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153

Monday, October 25th, 2010 2:39am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 101,753

Masabon has provided the scanned images of the latest issue of Japanese toy magazine Figure King number 153.
This issue features MP-09 Rodimus Convoy, upcoming Autobots Alliance products, MPM-1 Movie Starscream, Predaking, and latest wave of Takara Transformers Animated products.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Masabon

Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139432)
Posted by Amelie on October 25th, 2010 @ 3:26am CDT

I hope the Hasbro one is.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139436)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 25th, 2010 @ 4:31am CDT
Rodimus can't even move his pointing finger individually? That s*cks...

Now he won't be able to do the "It's the end of the road, Galvatron!" scene...
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139442)
Posted by chrisc4 on October 25th, 2010 @ 5:44am CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Rodimus can't even move his pointing finger individually? That s*cks...

Now he won't be able to do the "It's the end of the road, Galvatron!" scene...

that is exactly why i want him! oh well he still looks sweet
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139445)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 25th, 2010 @ 5:51am CDT
Now that we've seen a lot of new/clearer pictures of MP Rodimus, IMO it's Fansproject that wins the day in the Rodimus throwdown. The MP is almost too similar to the original, which was good in the case of Grimlock, but not so much here.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139459)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 25th, 2010 @ 7:05am CDT
God, that is sexy. I always liked the MP line, but it was never until Grimlock and now Roddy here that I am clamoring to own them... and being in Quebec means I haven't seen an MP Grimlock at all... which makes me very, very, very sad...
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139464)
Posted by Anonymous on October 25th, 2010 @ 7:36am CDT
~
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139470)
Posted by feeiq90 on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:30am CDT
i dunno if its because the wheel is to small,
but hot rod's car mode front looks like donald ducks mouth.. ;)
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139475)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:50am CDT
Amelie wrote:I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - why isn't Rodimus in the movie Pinks and Oranges?

I hope the Hasbro one is.

I'm with you on that one. Pink or not, I'd prefer to see him in movie accurate colours.
Hasbro usually does the Masterpieces in lighter colours than Takara Tomy so we may be in luck. :BOT:
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139482)
Posted by GEEWUN on October 25th, 2010 @ 9:05am CDT
Jazz-1982 wrote:

I hope the Hasbro one is.

HasTak has been pretending that Roddy was red/magenta in the first movie since 1986 :lol:
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139511)
Posted by MGrotusque on October 25th, 2010 @ 10:36am CDT
pre-order cancelled.

All be it a decent figure...i'm just not into it and don't really feel like spending the 200 plus $&H for him.
Have to let this one get away i guess.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139618)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on October 25th, 2010 @ 5:03pm CDT
Jazz-1982 wrote:

I hope the Hasbro one is.

Really? I didn't realize that Skywarp was a lighter black than the Takara Skywarp. Grimlock was also the same color as Takara. The first release of MP Prime by Hasbro was also the same color as Takara MP Prime. The only one to be "lighter" was the second version of MP Prime. Starscream was a completely different paint scheme.

The so called "movie accurate pink" isn't really accurate at all. The Sony "color corrected" version made him pink. And only in the widescreen disc. He looks red on the fullscreen DVD.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139619)
Posted by Stormrider on October 25th, 2010 @ 5:07pm CDT
The design flaws that have been pointed out are not big enough to deter me.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139621)
Posted by euphoricallydead on October 25th, 2010 @ 5:18pm CDT
Rodimus (Triple Changer) Prime. thoughts.

Here are some screen captures of G1 season 3. See how Rodimus/Hot Rod drive out forwards from the Rodimus Prime camper. And then the camper come up from behind over the car. Also, notice the rear wheels are attached to Rodimus' forearms.

I will say after reviewing some footage Hot Rod's alt-mode is really accurate including the "ugly" front hub caps. My only complain with Hot Rods alt-mode spoiler which should be connected on the sides like they are shown on the alt-mode of Rodimus Prime (possibly a mis-transformation).

The gap on the roof of the Rodimus Prime alt-mod should have been addressed. I can deal with the tire size difference. I really would like some back shots before the final yes/no on spending $200+.

Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139793)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 26th, 2010 @ 8:01am CDT
Love that Rodimus. I just wish he came with his Targetmaster.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1139991)
Posted by GEEWUN on October 26th, 2010 @ 6:29pm CDT
Masterpiece Rodimus only looks good from a frontal angle. From the side or behind it looks fat and sorta squaty...
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1140015)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on October 26th, 2010 @ 7:56pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Jazz-1982 wrote:

I hope the Hasbro one is.

Yes. Skywarp's PURPLE was lighter (and not as good) on Hasbro's version. Yes, Starscream's paint job was different - it was lighter!! Dark green to light grey! And of course Prime was that kind of weak orange red in the US. I would bet that if they ever release Thundercracker in the states that his paint job will be lighter too. :P
But Grimlock was the same.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1140017)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 26th, 2010 @ 7:59pm CDT
Man, I want Masterpiece Grimlock so bad... all this talk about him is killing me...
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1140027)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on October 26th, 2010 @ 8:18pm CDT
He is truly awesome- you should totally get him.
I've got Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream and Grimlock Masterpieces and he was the one that I was truly happiest with when I opened him and Transformed him for the first time. And still is!
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1140175)
Posted by joevill on October 27th, 2010 @ 9:31am CDT

Does anyone plan on getting the Hasbro MP "Hot Rod" version over this one?
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153 (1140177)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on October 27th, 2010 @ 9:32am CDT
joevill wrote:The more pictures I see of MP Rodimus Prime, the more I want it! I'm glad I preordered it.

Does anyone plan on getting the Hasbro MP "Hot Rod" version over this one?

I have 2 MP Rodimus Primes on preorder. I'll end up with at least 2 of the Hasbro versions as well. I want to Display him in all 4 modes :grin:

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Heatwave the Fire-Bot Boat" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Deluxe Transformers The Last Knight Superhero Mens Costume XL" on EBAY