Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers

Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010  - Transformers

Sunday, November 14th, 2010 3:54am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 64,795

Modxtoy has scanned and uploaded the high resolution images of the Japanese toy magazine - Hyper Hobby issue December 2010.

The Transformers items that are focus on this issue are Hyper Hobby Exclusive Transformers Animated Rodimus Black Version, upcoming wave of Transformers Animated cartoon episodes & toys, and finally Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy.

You can view the original post here.

Credit(s): Modxtoy

Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146311)
Posted by REMINATOR on November 14th, 2010 @ 8:33am CST
Rodimus looks awesome! I can't wait to have it.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146314)
Posted by WolfDawg on November 14th, 2010 @ 8:39am CST
I never really cared of the idea of an evil Rodimus (I'm more of a Nemesis Prime man myself), but that repaint looks pretty cool on Animated Roddy. Still won't get it though, because it'll spiral out of control and I'll have to get Titanium Menasor and expensive as hell SG Roddy to display with him. It's hard enough keeping my Black Convoy addiction in check.

The purple Elita 1 looks MUCH better than the Hasbro version. I'll probably pick her up to complete my motorcycle triplets.

Lastly, I'm not too thrilled with MP Rodimus. He looks okay, but not really worth the price of admission. IMO, Fansproject is doing a better job in the Rodimus department than Takara this time. I'm glad I found a Classics Rodimus for 24 dollars last week (sans ugly blue flame missile). Now that I've seen the Takara MP Rodmus pics, I can happily plunk down the 100 bucks on the FP Upgrade kit and his targetmaster. I'll still get the Hasbro rendition of MP Hotrod though.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146322)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 14th, 2010 @ 9:21am CST
Somehow the HTFD figures look more appealing to me than MP Rodimus. Think Rodimus just looks too cartoon like for my tastes. I don't like Takara's Elita One much though. The Hasbro version has a far superior color scheme.

I don't care for Animated Rodimus or black repaints at all though I was wondering if there was a classics Rodimus that uses the regular Animated Rodimus' colors cos his color scheme is the best I've seen for a Rodimus figure. Just wish I didn't dislike the Animated style so much (putting mildly there). His car mode actually looks somewhat decent but the robot proportions and idiotic face just kill it.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146332)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 14th, 2010 @ 10:08am CST
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146337)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 14th, 2010 @ 10:19am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Is that a new Animated Optimus mold? It looks like the Cybertronian deluxe, but it looks like maybe a legends scale version.

Cybertron Mode, and I don't think it's the actual toy, more like an artist's rendition.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146345)
Posted by WarGraver on November 14th, 2010 @ 10:33am CST
Seeing this Rodimus Prime only makes me want the FP one that I can't afford even more.

Some purple appears to have been added to Cybertronian Meg's crotch. Odd.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146355)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 14th, 2010 @ 10:55am CST
Animated Warpath!!..yes please.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146358)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 14th, 2010 @ 11:05am CST
amcgrath929 wrote:Animated Warpath!!..yes please.

No, animation only, like other dozens of one-shot characters.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146365)
Posted by Angelus on November 14th, 2010 @ 11:32am CST
Warpath is clearly just the animation model.
But what about those images below? Animated The Fallen???
Gottagettit
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146369)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 14th, 2010 @ 11:36am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:Animated Warpath!!..yes please.

No, animation only, like other dozens of one-shot characters.

Oh yeah, this I know. But, maybe with pure excitement a miracle will happen. I'd love a good Warpath in any line to be honest. The legends figure didn't satisfy me.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146488)
Posted by Julie85 on November 14th, 2010 @ 5:05pm CST
When is the next wave of TFA toys going to be released? I don't see a date...
*patiently waiting for my Electrostatic Soundwave preorder to ship*
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146516)
Posted by Rated X on November 14th, 2010 @ 7:03pm CST
Screw the whole "Nemesis" concept...It's animated Wildrider :grin:

And does anybody read Japanese ??? I want more info on how MP Hot Rod becomes MP rodimus in vechicle mode (without trailer) I swear it looks like 2 seperate figures. I wanna see how they pulled it off...
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146723)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 15th, 2010 @ 10:11am CST
Rated X wrote:

They haven't revealed it officially, but common speculation is that the car's front end connect into the trailer (with the spoiler turned around), and a canopy folds out from the trailer to cover the back of the car. From the side view shown here, it looks very likely that it's correct. Kind of a cheat, but it works.
Re: Scanned Images of Hyper Hobby December 2010 - Transformers (1146793)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 15th, 2010 @ 1:37pm CST
I dont like that the red from the trailer and the red from MP Hot Rod don't exactly match up. Best noticed on the from of Rodimus Prime's alt mode.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Hardhead & Duros" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY