Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Friday, January 26th, 2018 4:18am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,510

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Via the Facebook page for Loopaza Mega Store, a regular source for news, and fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have the pack-in comic accompanying the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG60 Overlord! And there's no unnecessary artwork, aside from some potential cheesecake about Mega (though true to previous incarnation of her design)!

The comic, mirrored below, also appears to show not only Megajet and Gigatank - as Mega and Giga lure the Masterforce characters into a culinary trap - but also a second Overlord (so you can have Mega Overlord and Giga Overlord, apparently) and ...a combined mode for two Overlords? It is unclear if this is something the figures can do, or purely for the fiction, but take a look below and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord

Credit(s): Loopaza


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933842)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 26th, 2018 @ 4:38am CST
The idea of the female overlord is a clever use of the more idw face, and I love the idea of the combined mode even if it's not possible (wonder if people will try it if they have Hasbro overlord)
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933843)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 26th, 2018 @ 4:43am CST
Va'al wrote:Via the Facebook page for Loopaza Mega Store, a regular source for news, and fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have the pack-in comic accompanying the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG60 Overlord! And there's no unnecessary artwork, aside from some potential cheesecake about Mega (though true to previous incarnation of her design)!


Vaal, you're absolutely right! There's not a hint of unwell maternal copulation in this comic. Let's hope the other comics can keep this up!

Here's a comparison between the recent comic, and the original depiction (of an actual ADULT, no less).

Image

Anyway, how did the poster get this so fast? My Amazon order isn't even scheduled for delivery yet.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933845)
Posted by Burn on January 26th, 2018 @ 4:52am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:Anyway, how did the poster get this so fast? My Amazon order isn't even scheduled for delivery yet.

HLJ processed my order today, so I would imagine he's been out in Japan stores for a few hours now.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933848)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on January 26th, 2018 @ 4:59am CST
Wonder if this is a hint we'll get Firegut(s) Ginrai... that or nucleon quest would be fun to do with the box set edition.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933849)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 26th, 2018 @ 5:07am CST
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Anyway, how did the poster get this so fast? My Amazon order isn't even scheduled for delivery yet.

HLJ processed my order today, so I would imagine he's been out in Japan stores for a few hours now.



Could be wrong here, but I THINK Amazon gets them before they're in shops? Especially as the Legends line isn't really out in most shops.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933851)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2018 @ 5:21am CST
Loopaza Mega Store is a toy shop, based in Hong Kong. They definitely have stock before (some) other retailers.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933852)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 26th, 2018 @ 5:27am CST
Va'al wrote:Loopaza Mega Store is a toy shop, based in Hong Kong. They definitely have stock before (some) other retailers.


Could be because they were made in Hong Kong?

My order, sold by Amazon Japan itself (not via Amiami, as I'm oft to do at Amazon) won't be delivered until tomorrow at the earliest.

Image

Maybe the pics were by a shop owner who had opened some stock?
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933854)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2018 @ 5:51am CST
The images are from the shop - Loopaza - itself. We have already newsed images of the toys being opened, I'm not sure why this conversation is happening, to be honest. :-?
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933855)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 26th, 2018 @ 6:09am CST
Va'al wrote:The images are from the shop - Loopaza - itself. We have already newsed images of the toys being opened, I'm not sure why this conversation is happening, to be honest. :-?


Oh, so they were opened by shop staff and posted? I was just worried that Amazon was getting sloppy. No point in preordering them if they are going to be late! Also, I didn't see the thread for the toys, so I'll get back on topic for the comic for this thread.

Were they serving Japanese style "chaohan" (fried rice) in the comic? I just cooked myself some frozen Japanese chaohan from 7-11 and was eating it as I looked at this article.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933856)
Posted by Burn on January 26th, 2018 @ 6:18am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:I'll get back on topic for the comic for this thread.

Excellent ...
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933861)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2018 @ 7:02am CST
The combined form of Overlord Giga abd Overlord Mega is named "Overlord Tera".

I would imagine that this form is possible to achieve with two Overlords as a way to put Overlord on the same size level as God Ginrai, since whenever Sakamoto does some new mode thing like this it tends to be something that one can finagle out of the toys themselves.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933863)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 26th, 2018 @ 7:14am CST
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:I'll get back on topic for the comic for this thread.

Excellent ...



Image

You ARE Burn, after all...
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933871)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 26th, 2018 @ 8:14am CST
It can't be done with Black Shadow, but after trying, i see how it works. While the nose section of OLa's jet mode clips to OLa's chest, the nose section of OLb pegs upside down into OLa's... well, butt. Then the rest of the jet clips to the nose like normal, and the legs clip to the jet, with the turret halves deployed.

Edit: also, you would have to swing OLa's back pack onto his shoulders to support OLb's legs.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933873)
Posted by Cobotron on January 26th, 2018 @ 8:25am CST
Caelus wrote:It can't be done with Black Shadow, but after trying, i see how it works. While the nose section of OLa's jet mode clips to OLa's chest, the nose section of OLb pegs upside down into OLa's... well, butt. Then the rest of the jet clips to the nose like normal, and the legs clip to the jet, with the turret halves deployed.

Edit: also, you would have to swing OLa's back pack onto his shoulders to support OLb's legs.
Albatross250 posted some pics someone took of two of the toys combined over here. with a step by step too. ;)^
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933874)
Posted by Rated X on January 26th, 2018 @ 8:26am CST
Sabrblade wrote:The combined form of Overlord Giga abd Overlord Mega is named "Overlord Tera".

I would imagine that this form is possible to achieve with two Overlords as a way to put Overlord on the same size level as God Ginrai, since whenever Sakamoto does some new mode thing like this it tends to be something that one can finagle out of the toys themselves.

So basically this comic is an advertisement to sell all those Hasbrolords nobody bought. I remember they were selling them $30 free shipping and I still passed.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... .27901181/

This guy needs to stick to what he does best...Hentei laced comics to get under peoples skin, lol. This one is kinda boring. So overlord is a freaking resturaunt? Somebody pass Sakamoto a bottle of sake so he can get back on track lol !

And please all you non-Japanese news guys stop calling it a "manga" youre not from Japan, just call it a comic and stop trying to sound all worldly sophisticated...lol
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933875)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 26th, 2018 @ 8:28am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Caelus wrote:It can't be done with Black Shadow, but after trying, i see how it works. While the nose section of OLa's jet mode clips to OLa's chest, the nose section of OLb pegs upside down into OLa's... well, butt. Then the rest of the jet clips to the nose like normal, and the legs clip to the jet, with the turret halves deployed.

Edit: also, you would have to swing OLa's back pack onto his shoulders to support OLb's legs.
Albatross250 posted some pics someone took of two of the toys combined over here. with a step by step too. ;)^


Thanks!

That does not look how I imagined...
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933877)
Posted by Evil Eye on January 26th, 2018 @ 8:37am CST
Rated X wrote:This guy needs to stick to what he does best...Hentei laced comics to get under peoples skin, lol.

1: It's spelled "Hentai".
2: Sakamoto's stuff isn't even remotely approaching hentai. It's ecchi at absolute most. And believe me, I know lewd Japanese cartoons.
This one is kinda boring. So overlord is a freaking resturaunt? Somebody pass Sakamoto a bottle of sake so he can get back on track lol !

Why do you hate fun?
And please all you non-Japanese news guys stop calling it a "manga" youre not from Japan, just call it a comic and stop trying to sound all worldly sophisticated...lol

Do you HAVE to be such an insufferable arse all the time?

On topic: That double Overlord combo looks hella rad. I mean I have no interest in either version of HasTak Overlord, but still. Awesome. A bit of a shame about the lack of lewd shenanigans if only because the reaction from Allspark and the other dens of oversensitive keyboard warriors is always hilarious, but hey, this is fun.
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933878)
Posted by william-james88 on January 26th, 2018 @ 8:39am CST
Rated X wrote:And please all you non-Japanese news guys stop calling it a "manga" youre not from Japan, just call it a comic and stop trying to sound all worldly sophisticated...lol

So you call sushi "raw fish rice wraps" ?
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933880)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 26th, 2018 @ 8:45am CST
Rated X wrote:This guy needs to stick to what he does best...Hentei laced comics to get under peoples skin, lol...Somebody pass Sakamoto a bottle of sake so he can get back on track..."


Why would you write this? I'm not a fan of these comics, but as sick as they may be, its also obvious that there are other things that can be appreciated in them. It's obvious that this comic shows what can be done to homage the original Japanese source material WITHOUT being offensive, and I would like to encourage MORE of that. If you could read Japanese, perhaps the plot might add more depth to your engagement with the manga?

And please all you non-Japanese news guys stop calling it a "manga" youre not from Japan, just call it a comic and stop trying to sound all worldly sophisticated...lol


Who the HECK do you think you are? Do you KNOW where all of the posters, mods and admins are from? Do you know that people in other countries are allowed to engage with and discuss Japan, even if they aren't from there? Some of the posters here actually live in Japan. Do you know that "manga" is a loan word in English? Regardless, if you want the site to make changes, how about PMing the staff, or engaging with them in less caustic manner?

Egads, you've made ME sound like Burn when he responds to ME...


william-james88 wrote:
Rated X wrote:And please all you non-Japanese news guys stop calling it a "manga" youre not from Japan, just call it a comic and stop trying to sound all worldly sophisticated...lol

So you call sushi "raw fish rice wraps" ?


Actually, when I teach my Japanese kids to talk about Japanese food, there are times when the loan word or another term are at odds or provide a difficult choice as to what to use. For example, I elicit "Japanese curry" instead of "curry rice" due to the loan word being incorrect ("curry WITH rice"), not necessarily accurate (it might have bread or noodles with it) and outside Japan, or within the context of different world curries (i.e., international conversation).

That and I'm a curry snob and believe that no matter how good it is (and there is an amazing place near my flat in Japan that does the BEST Chicken Katsu Curry with a MASSIVE glass of beer, if anyone wants to come and join me for it in Japan, PM me), it will ALWAYS be beneath Indian/British Indian curry...

Oh, bugger, I'm off topic again. Hang on, no I'm not, it's just a segway to the ideas of Japanese food, as shown in the latest Overlord comic!

Yatta!
Re: Scans of Takara Legends Manga LG60 Overlord (1933897)
Posted by william-james88 on January 26th, 2018 @ 9:58am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:That and I'm a curry snob and believe that no matter how good it is (and there is an amazing place near my flat in Japan that does the BEST Chicken Katsu Curry with a MASSIVE glass of beer, if anyone wants to come and join me for it in Japan, PM me), it will ALWAYS be beneath Indian/British Indian curry...


The best curry I ever had was in Singapore. Both their rendition of Chinese and Indonesian curry. I never ae so many vegetables in my life.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY