Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Friday, May 26th, 2017 4:52am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,251

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks again to Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook, we have scans of the comic that accompanies the release of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber! The pages - currently still in Japanese - show off Minerva, Godbomber, part of the Grand Galvatron and Megatronia teams - and the possibility for Godbomber to combine with those Combiner Wars / Unite Warriors limbs! Check it out below.

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Transformers News: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic

Credit(s): Loopaza FB


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884384)
Posted by Albatross250 on May 26th, 2017 @ 5:56am CDT
So Nightbeat is a DECEPTICON AFTER ALL :CON:
She/he even has a SOS Call for Trypticon :shock:
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884385)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on May 26th, 2017 @ 5:57am CDT
Looks nice as a combiner. And is Nightbeat here based on his Japanese counterpart?
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884386)
Posted by Albatross250 on May 26th, 2017 @ 6:01am CDT
MagicDeath wrote:Looks nice as a combiner. And is Nightbeat here based on his Japanese counterpart?

There's a hidden Combiner Peg on GodBombers legs, they can be seen on the Transformers Magazine though, but i don't remember the picture

Say,
Aren't Armada Thrust and Who's-the-Yellow-Car girl appears on Unite Warriors, are they hinting us another combiner or not?
:POPCORN:
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884387)
Posted by Kurona on May 26th, 2017 @ 6:10am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:Looks nice as a combiner. And is Nightbeat here based on his Japanese counterpart?

There's a hidden Combiner Peg on GodBombers legs, they can be seen on the Transformers Magazine though, but i don't remember the picture

Say,
Aren't Armada Thrust and Who's-the-Yellow-Car girl appears on Unite Warriors, are they hinting us another combiner or not?
:POPCORN:


Nah, this is essentially just their way of showing off Godbomber is bizarrely compatible with UW figures. Nothing in here indicates a new combiner - though I wonder if the translation will show anything new...

MagicDeath wrote:Looks nice as a combiner. And is Nightbeat here based on his Japanese counterpart?


I suppose that would make sense - Nightbeat was only released as a variation of Minerva in Japan, so that would explain why she looks exactly like Minerva. The plot thickens... :-?
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884388)
Posted by Albatross250 on May 26th, 2017 @ 6:12am CDT
Speaking of Godbomber..
he can speak!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :x
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884392)
Posted by Evil Eye on May 26th, 2017 @ 6:36am CDT
Sakamoto-senpai delivers again. I love the little "Blurr Transport" on the box in that one panel. Also, Godbomber looks like a metric tonne of fun. Violence Foot mode AND Headmaster compatibility fun? Hell yeah!
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884394)
Posted by TransformableBacon on May 26th, 2017 @ 6:45am CDT
Oh boy I cannot wait for my Godbomber to arrive. Out of all toys I have and seen I think Godbomber may be the best valued toy. This guy cost me $110AUD and it has Headmaster gimmick, UW/CW gimmick with his two legs swappable with any UW/CW toys, its leader sized with 3 alt modes and can combine with Opti-I mean Super Ginrai.

I wonder if I can turn those thighs downwards when I have Godbomber combined. I could get my 2 Aerialbots and connect it there for extra thrust. This toy has so much play value for its price.
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884401)
Posted by ScottyP on May 26th, 2017 @ 7:33am CDT
Va'al wrote:Thanks again to Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook, we have scans of the comic that accompanies the release of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber! The pages - currently still in Japanese - show off Minerva, Godbomber, part of the Grand Galvatron and Megatronia teams - and the possibility for Godbomber to combine with those Combiner Wars / Unite Warriors limbs!
Possibility? No sir, reality! From https://twitter.com/hikui_low

Image

Image

Between this and some of the design cues on Doublecross and Weirdwolf, definitely feels like some pre-plannning for the "animal" combiners like Abominus, Pirhanacon, and Predaking may be going on :-?
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884405)
Posted by Va'al on May 26th, 2017 @ 7:53am CDT
Thanks to Twitter user hikui_low, and fellow Seibertronian ScottyP, we have photo proof that Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber does indeed allow for Combiner Wars / Unite Warriors compatibility, as shown in the comic scans that came with the figure! Also included below are some additional shots of the toy, and how it combines with Super Ginrai. Check it out!

ScottyP wrote:Between this and some of the design cues on Doublecross and Weirdwolf, definitely feels like some pre-plannning for the "animal" combiners like Abominus, Pirhanacon, and Predaking may be going on :-?


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884407)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 26th, 2017 @ 8:12am CDT
What does he mean "design cues on Doublecross and Weirdwolf"?
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884408)
Posted by Kurona on May 26th, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:What does he mean "design cues on Doublecross and Weirdwolf"?

I suppose in that they share unique alt-mode shapes with combiner limbs we have yet to get - it would certainly go some way in explaining the rather random inclusion of Twinferno in the line.
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884412)
Posted by Windsweeper on May 26th, 2017 @ 8:44am CDT
Who's the female black and yellow Decepticon in the comic?
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884413)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 26th, 2017 @ 8:52am CDT
Windsweeper wrote:Who's the female black and yellow Decepticon in the comic?


Trickdiamond from the Unite Warriors Megatronia set.
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884414)
Posted by ScottyP on May 26th, 2017 @ 8:53am CDT
... I misspelled Pirahnacon.

:quoted on front page: :oops:

Edit: and again!? There's no "h"? Wow. Never noticed this until today.
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884424)
Posted by o.supreme on May 26th, 2017 @ 9:17am CDT
Man Godbomber is so versatile, and well designed. If this is not released by Hasbro, I'll definitely be picking up the Takara version.
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884425)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on May 26th, 2017 @ 9:28am CDT
Kurona wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:What does he mean "design cues on Doublecross and Weirdwolf"?

I suppose in that they share unique alt-mode shapes with combiner limbs we have yet to get - it would certainly go some way in explaining the rather random inclusion of Twinferno in the line.

Given how the current team at Hasbro has noted that they're thinking ahead as they design figures, it is conceivable that this is the case.

And when I look at the Titans Return beast figures, I can see where chest pieces could be replaced with combiner ports without too much hassle.

And more food for thought - it's preferred to get a few remolds/repaints out of a figure to get their money's worth, while Weirdwolf and Doublecross have not been remolded (yet).
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884428)
Posted by Albatross250 on May 26th, 2017 @ 9:39am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Man Godbomber is so versatile, and well designed. If this is not released by Hasbro, I'll definitely be picking up the Takara version.


Apex Armor will be the same as Godbomber (with more decos and guns, like Magnus Prime) in one of those :HASBRO: boxsets, we will just wait soon until the final wave of Titan Return is released
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884429)
Posted by Kurona on May 26th, 2017 @ 9:43am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Man Godbomber is so versatile, and well designed. If this is not released by Hasbro, I'll definitely be picking up the Takara version.


Apex Armor will be the same as Godbomber (with more decos and guns, like Magnus Prime) in one of those :HASBRO: boxsets, we will just wait soon until the final wave of Titan Return is released

This isn't confirmed or even hinted at yet, I'm afraid.
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884432)
Posted by william-james88 on May 26th, 2017 @ 9:48am CDT
I didnt know that the unite warriors comics and legends comics were related :-?
Re: Scans of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber Comic (1884434)
Posted by EchoKing on May 26th, 2017 @ 9:55am CDT
Huh, that's neat.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY