SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe

SCRIPT W(R)AP:  Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe

Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 3:00pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 11,027

Fresh off the convention trail, which hasn't officially ended yet for him, IDW Publishing Writer/Genius Simom Furman had updated his personal blog again.

This time, Simon offers us a peek into what will be happening in Spotlight: Sideswipe. Yes Fanboys and girls, Spotlight: Sideswipe is coming to reality.

To view his blog entry on the subject, click here.

Credit(s): Simon Furman

Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700525)
Posted by Primus C-00 on May 14th, 2008 @ 3:36pm CDT
Furman FTW!

Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700548)
Posted by Energon on May 14th, 2008 @ 4:07pm CDT
It's amazing how much story he gets into each issue. Can't wait for these.
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700555)
Posted by ponycorn on May 14th, 2008 @ 4:26pm CDT
We are so spoiled. :grin:
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700605)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 14th, 2008 @ 5:33pm CDT
Literally, he spoiled the final battles for us... C'mon Simon, wth? You have us hooked, but don't give it all away before we even get Cyclonus!
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700622)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 14th, 2008 @ 5:43pm CDT
wow....just wow.

Thats a hell of a lot of spoilers in a post Furman claimed to be "as spoiler free as possible". :P

Seems to be a lot of info to pack into 4 comics, I wonder who the trio of Transformers who go into the Dead Universe are? Prime, Arcee and Magnus?
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700737)
Posted by Game over, Man! on May 14th, 2008 @ 7:51pm CDT
My god...its a reality! Go Sideswipe!
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700768)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on May 14th, 2008 @ 8:55pm CDT
Sounds like a good one, though I've never been a big fan of Sideswipe. I'll still pick it up though.
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700844)
Posted by First-Aid on May 14th, 2008 @ 11:23pm CDT
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (700909)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 15th, 2008 @ 5:19am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:wow....just wow.

Because of the 3 I'm thinking an Autobot Micrommaster team (to go along with the idea of the Decepticon team that attacked Nightbeat way back when this all started, and never got explained)...something like that, but I would have to re-read it again to see if it sounded as if the characters were well established, or new to this arc.

I like Sideswipe, the Countach thing is what always had me, I loved that car as a kid. Plus, he did seem to have a bit more personality in the "More than meets the eye" TF first three G1 eps, being twinned with Sunstreaker, the pile drivers, and then being the one to have to give Prime his rocket pack, thus making him one of the few 'supposed' flying Autobots at the time.

He has never given me 'that' much excitement though First-Aid. I must be missing something. :P
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (704870)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 21st, 2008 @ 1:42am CDT
I am a Decepticon at spark but I do like Sideswipe this will be good.
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (705042)
Posted by Sledge on May 21st, 2008 @ 10:52am CDT
First-Aid wrote:I've never understood the fascination a large portion of the G1 fandom has with Sideswipe. He wasn't even my favorite G1 figure when he came out (I like the Prowl clones better...they had TWO shoulder launchers instead of just one). The cartoon SS was sporadic and kinda lame. Granted this story sounds AWESOME, but half ya'll sprout woodies when someone even SAYS "Sideswipe"...I'll never understand it.

He's Skywarp if Skywarp was an Autobot. People love prankster warriors.
Re: SCRIPT W(R)AP: Furman posts wrap on Spotlight: Sideswipe (709672)
Posted by Game over, Man! on May 28th, 2008 @ 10:24am CDT
People love him because he's awesome, get over it.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY