SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures

SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 9:45pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 86,147

IGN has given us an exclusive first look at four of the upcoming figures from the Transformers Prime toy line. We get our first looks at Voyager Optimus Prime, Voyager Bulkhead, Deluxe Zombie Cliffjumper, and Deluxe Vehicon. See their images mirrored below.

Credit(s): IGN, rkx

This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 10:45pm CDT

Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263234)
Posted by Screamfleet on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:46pm CDT
Wow, they put alot of work into cliffjumper, I'm impressed.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263235)
Posted by TulioDude on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:51pm CDT
Amazing,these look awesome :D :APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263236)
Posted by Megazarak on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:52pm CDT
Wow, these guys are looking great. The TF:Prime line is looking beautiful. Cliff doesn't look all that great though, I was hoping he would be better. Though his non-zombie form hopefully looks good. The 2 Voyagers look great. Hopefully we see even more soon.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263237)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:52pm CDT
also im getting as much of the decepticon drones as possible. :KREMZEEK:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263238)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:52pm CDT
The link to the forum topic in the news story is broken...

Anyway, these look amazing. Prime is especially great compared to his deluxe version. Bulkhead looks good but for some reason I feel like his chest doesn't match the show very well. Still looks cool and I'll definitely get it. Cliffjumper looks great but I do hope for a non-zombie version. The Decepticon drone is cool too. Lockdown repaint perhaps? That would be pretty cool. I might just buy it anyway.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263239)
Posted by TimothyR on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:53pm CDT
bulkhead is pretty cool.

the vehicon and cliffjumper are alright.

but prime... WOW, that looks incredible. leaps and bounds better than the deluxe.

i can't wait to see a voyager starscream, and hopefully a voyager megatron.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263240)
Posted by Galvatron X on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:54pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Hawt. Wet panties hot.

Hell yeah, bro!

All of these look cool - even that Optimus! (I'm not a big Optimus figure guy).

I'm gonna buy a BUNCH of those drones!

EDIT: Man, that Bulkhead looks REALLY good. Giant codpiece, FTW! Let's hope future images look as good.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263241)
Posted by Blurrz on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:54pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:The link to the forum topic in the news story is broken...

...No it isn't :)
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263242)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:57pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:The link to the forum topic in the news story is broken...

...No it isn't :)

Not anymore. :lol:

More about Prime: I love that he has a sword AND his gun, and the gun looks like a perfect interpretation of his classic weapon.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263246)
Posted by Sunspot on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:00pm CDT
bulkhead must have been hard to figure out
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263250)
Posted by Tovariprime on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:04pm CDT
All look awesome gotta love Prime's sword, and as a few others have stated i will attempt to troop build the Vehicons
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263252)
Posted by El Duque on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:05pm CDT
Good Lord these look good!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263254)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:06pm CDT
WANT!

Though, now I have a question. Should I stop collecting DOTM toys so I can have more money to spend on these toys? Thus far, I've only picked up a few DOTM toys, and most of them have yet to impress me. The DOTM toys that have yet to come also don't sound that very appealing to me.

These Prime toys, however, have me fangasming to no end! They look fantastically magnificent... unlike the DOTM toys. So, should I drop the DOTM toyline in order to save up for the Prime toyline?
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263255)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:07pm CDT
Definately need more zombie Transformers!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263256)
Posted by Primeultimus on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:08pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:WANT!

I will give you 3 answers.

ABSOLUTELY

YOU WOULD BE INSANE NOT TO!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263258)
Posted by TimothyR on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:09pm CDT

what a LAME preview night. this blows.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263259)
Posted by TimothyR on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:11pm CDT
Primeultimus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:WANT!

I will give you 3 answers.

ABSOLUTELY

YOU WOULD BE INSANE NOT TO!

so you're going to tell him to save his money for a couple figures that aren't coming out for a few months? doesn't make much sense.

although.. the dotm line has become the definitive repaint line. so i don't blame you.

hasbro is really blowing this dotm line. we're going to have to wait SOO long for a new deluxe/voyager/leader mold from this line that it's absolutely ridiculous. the handling of this line has been atrocious... i was at target yesterday and a kid picked up the exclusive deluxe bumblebee and said to his mom "look mom, it's a new bumblebee, wait it just has a different design, that's stupid" then he dropped it on the shelf and left.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263260)
Posted by El Duque on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:13pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:oh.. and everyone can go to bed now. there's really nothing new in the display cases.. other than air raids robot mode.. which i have a feeling not many people are going to like.

what a LAME preview night. this blows.

Got any pics?
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263264)
Posted by Megazarak on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:19pm CDT

what a LAME preview night. this blows.

Admittedly there's not that much here for TF fans, but did you see Darksteel (cool repaint of Sideswipe with repainted versions of Starscream's MechTech weapons)? That guy looks ridiculously awesome from the (pretty blurry) pics I saw of him. I can't wait to see better pics because he definitely looks like a winner with cool colours and cool weapons. Air Raid on the other hand looks a little funky, but interesting.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: IGN Reveals Four New Transformers Prime Figures (1263265)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:22pm CDT
O_O FANTASTIC.

Animated? You've just been replaced.

My only problem is Bulkhead's left arm. I'd really like a second hand for him, but I'll survive because this is just friggin' awesome.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY