Thursday, July 18th, 2013 12:00am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 24,334

Seibertron.com coverage of SDCC 2013 continues with a preview night gallery of brand new Beast Hunters Construct-Bots. On display were Beast Hunters versions of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Shockwave, Starscream and others. The Predacons were also represented with Ripclaw and Skystalker. You can view the gallery by clicking here.

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504164)
Posted by Grahf_ on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:04am CDT
Dat Ripclaw. Skystalker looks great too. As does Starscream.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504165)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:07am CDT
What's w/ the purple Autobot logo on Breakdown?
Also, why weren't Bulkhead and Unicron Megatron included?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504174)
Posted by Convotron on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:10am CDT
I am absolutely a fan of the Construct-Bot toys and these Beast Hunters offerings cement the fact that I am going to be buying heavily into this toyline. They all look super fun to me.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504193)
Posted by RhA on July 18th, 2013 @ 4:53am CDT
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504246)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2013 @ 8:26am CDT
I gave CB Blitzwing a try and liked him enough to try again. The beasts def look worth a try.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504289)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 18th, 2013 @ 9:31am CDT
RhA wrote:I'm usually very positive about new TF's, but I've found an exception here. Geebus, these bots blow.

Yeah! They do blow....YOUR MIND!
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504295)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 18th, 2013 @ 9:40am CDT
I wish I could get interested in these, but I'm not. Looks like a case of "good concept, poor execution". Too much was sacrificed in the individual designs in order to make everything interchangeable.

On the other hand, I'm GLAD I'm not interested in these, as I can't really afford to buy these on top of my regular TF purchases.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504296)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 18th, 2013 @ 9:42am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I wish I could get interested in these, but I'm not. Looks like a case of "good concept, poor execution".

Poor execution? Where?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504299)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 18th, 2013 @ 9:54am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Poor execution? Where?

See the edit I made above. I feel they sacrificed too much to make the parts interchangeable.

For example, notice how they had to make OP look more like a car than a truck, because a truck cab wouldn't fit the template.

Also, how the front bumper of most of the cars is clearly just the feet turned sideways.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504303)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on July 18th, 2013 @ 10:05am CDT
but they indeed improved some aspects on the construct-bots with these beats hunters
for example the car panels. the new tail fins
the vehicle modes look now much more cohesive and still transform, that is what i was expecting from this line but not that soon, so now im even more excited about it now
love the predacons, but still not so sure about the voyager scale all of these figures have, but i understand deluxe sized would have been a little bit more difficult
anyway, kudos to hasbro
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504306)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 10:10am CDT
Good Lord, that Starscream looks terrible. :SICK: It's not that the robot (with the exception of the head) and vehicle modes look bad, they look pretty neat, it's the colors that just turn me off. An orange jet being marketed as Starscream just doesn't seem right.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504308)
Posted by ScottyP on July 18th, 2013 @ 10:15am CDT
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504309)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on July 18th, 2013 @ 10:16am CDT
maybe its because of him being designed after the beast hunters figure
dont care about the colors, but sure some better paintjob may help the figure
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504310)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 10:16am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Looks like the transformation on most all of these is generally accomplished the same way. It makes sense, but still worries me that the concept will get old quickly :/

Since they all share the same base skeleton, they transform almost the exact same way, the only difference being that the parts provide different looks. ;)
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504324)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:02am CDT
In a line composed of recycling parts and making new ones for new characters, like Bionicle, how long until we get a Beast Hunters Insecticon? This line could deliver an Insecticon I think, without costing hasbro too much to make.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504325)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:06am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:These aren't the best thing ever, but they aren't bad. The predacons look the best, so I have to wonder...

I'd love to see an Insecticon come down the pipe. I would like to create my fanfic characters using these, and with one of them being a disfigured clone of Shrapnel, an Insecticon would do wonders for that! Also to note, with his Deluxe toy lacking especially, Skystalker is a major improvement. I love his swords, especially! :x
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504326)
Posted by dirk2243 on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
I'd like to get both Shockwaves, but other then those I think these are not for me.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504338)
Posted by RAcast on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
Now THAT is a version of Skystalker I can get behind. It would be my first Predacon purchase, and a good one at that. Much better than the deluxe, from what I can see.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504368)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:44pm CDT
still i want to see how many customs one can make from these
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Construct-Bots Gallery (1504373)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:54pm CDT
It's weird that of all the new stuff we've seen I'm the most interested in these.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY