SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC

SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC

Thursday, July 21st, 2016 8:48am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,066

While we had several images of the second wave of Titans Return toys at SDCC's Preview Night, we now have a few more featuring Apha Trion. What is fun is that you can see all his three modes in one fell swoop: The Majestic Robot, the Horned Lion and the Cybertronian Cruiser.

Do you think he has it in him to be one of the best triple changers of all time? Maybe top 5? Is that even a hard feat? Let us know!

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion at San Diego Comic Con #SDCC

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 1:04pm CDT

Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807382)
Posted by joeprime276 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:05am CDT
Awesome pics WJ! That is bad***
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807383)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:07am CDT
joeprime276 wrote:Awesome pics WJ! That is bad***

Hell yeah! And these are actually Seibertron's pics (the site owner's), I just do the posting :)
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807384)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:08am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:I mean, I think the point is that he was never a headmaster before and it's not replicating something they remember. Of course they're gonna make some fiction to show him becoming a headmaster; that's part of marketing.

Not saying I agree, I'm fine with and actually like Blurr being a headmaster; but I don't think this is a valid argument.

People asked if there would be fiction supporting this. Hasbro said not necessarily and people didnt like that because it made even less sense to change the toys (even though its the other dam way aound). But now there is from Takara. So you get the best of both worlds. You get fiction which supports the new toy and at the same time they dont have to change anything in MTMTE.

That's what really ticks me off anymore. This is not directed at you Will but you bring up a point that just grinds my gears. People demand an explanation for everything and get pissy when a toy doesn't have fiction, or has a new feather they they haven't had before. "Why is blur a headmaster? Why is Galvatron? Sky Lynx never combined before I need to know why they're doing this"

What happened to people having an imagination?
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807385)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:10am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

What happened to p pole having an imagination?

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I love the comics and the old cartoon. Great stories, great fiction. But with my toys, I totally make up reasons for a toy to be the way it is. I don't know why all the "It's not in the fiction, so I can't like and/or accept it!!!" thoughts.

Make up your own story. Stop worrying. It's a toy with a head. You'll feel better.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807386)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:11am CDT
Randomhero wrote:That's what really ticks me off anymore. This is not directed at you Will but you bring up a point that just grinds my gears. People deman an explanation for everything and get pissy when a toy doesn't have fiction. "Why is blur a headmaster? Why is Galvatron? Sky Lynx never combined before I need to know why they're doing this"

What happened to p pole having an imagination?
If it's not EXACTLY like how it was when I was a kid, no matter how badly drawn what I had as a kid was, then this new stuff SUCKZ!!!!

:o)
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807387)
Posted by MrBlack on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:13am CDT
I was on the fence about Alpha Trion, but those pics look really good.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807389)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:14am CDT
I think it's more the idea that they're getting a new, re-invented version of the character first rather than a representation of what they had as a kid - which, considering Generations literally being a redone G1 line at this point, is what would be the main draw.

Again though, personally I like Blurr and the like being headmasters as it adds play value, and I like Sky Reign because Sky Reign is awesome. My only problem comes when the new gimmick takes away in some fashion, like with the now-infamous Galvatron Headmaster Crown.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807390)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:14am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

What happened to p pole having an imagination?

I agree with both of you, hence why I dont feel this comic changes anything for me in the least. I love my toys and they can be whatever I choose them to be :)
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807391)
Posted by Cobotron on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
Imagination is a depleting resource. :(
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807392)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:18am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

What happened to p pole having an imagination?

:o)

Exactly. I know you're joking but how many times do we see people actually being serious about that? It's ridiculous the entitlement people feel they deserve on toys that are an option to continue getting.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807393)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:19am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Imagination is a depleting resource. :(

Here, let me add some:

Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807396)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:22am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Imagination is a depleting resource. :(

Good thing you and your Blue Bluestreak have plenty of it to share! :D

Also, I just noticed that A3's side antennae/ears are like the helmets or Sentinel's head guards, not part of the actual titanmaster :oops:
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807397)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:22am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Imagination is a depleting resource. :(

Not me. Don't need an explanation and I don't demand one. I can create my own and enjoy what I get.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807398)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:22am CDT
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807400)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:23am CDT
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807401)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:25am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:i have no attachment to a wolf alpha trion. if it was more g1 looking i might like it better

You mean you'd rather he didnt transform?
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807402)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:26am CDT
Considering it is the same size as Magnus, I'd say check out the Emgo review here:

If I'm remembering watching the review correctly, the leader cab is dwarfed by the voyagers
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807403)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:26am CDT
Kurona wrote:I was just looking at the original Powermaster Optimus Prime and got a little curious: can anyone show a size comparison of TR PMOP's vehicle mode cab with say, Classics or CW Optimus' vehicle mode? It'd be interesting to see if they're similarly sized...

This is all I could find for comparisons:

Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Gallery
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807405)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:27am CDT

It's smaller. Smaller than a deluxe vehicle but little bigger than a legends toy
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Voyager Class Alpha Trion #HasbroSDCC (1807406)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:27am CDT
Or try this (googled, not mine):

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY