Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 2:27am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 27,524

Seibertronians, we're burning the midnight energon tonight! We have even more video coverage of the Transformers Displays at San Diego Comic Con from Seibertron himself. This time it's of the newly revealed Combiner Wars Liokaiser, along with G2 Menasor, G2 Bruticus, Victorion and Computron. Check it out below and share your opinions with us in the comments!

And, as always keep your optics and audio sensors tuned to Seibertron.com, your best source for Transformers news on the net!

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 6:31am CDT

Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808360)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2016 @ 2:36am CDT
Liokaiser sure is one colorful dude! However, the pricetag will not match what I'm willing to spend on my last CW set. Computron is my next and last one. I'll monitor both Walmart.ca and √ČTrU.ca and once it's down to 100$CAN, I'll jump on it.

Yeah, I have a bias for combiners with a consistant and uniform color scheme. Like Victorion or Devastator.
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808361)
Posted by lonrac on July 23rd, 2016 @ 2:37am CDT
Not a bad re-use of the sky lynx mould,

I suppose the fiction will come from after the cartoon, he will be so badly damaged that his Kaiju Mode will have fused with the thunder arrow......thus he will have no robot mode....something like that...
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808370)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 23rd, 2016 @ 4:41am CDT
I don't think there will be any official fiction for these guys, especially any that ties into the end of victory. The best you may get is if Roberts keeps dezarus around as villains for the new lost light ongoing.
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808378)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 23rd, 2016 @ 6:49am CDT
lonrac wrote:Not a bad re-use of the sky lynx mould,

But Deszaras straight up died in the cartoon.

Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808379)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2016 @ 6:52am CDT
lonrac wrote:Not a bad re-use of the sky lynx mould,

Do you really need new fiction to sell you a toy of already existing characters?
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808383)
Posted by Kurona on July 23rd, 2016 @ 7:05am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
lonrac wrote:Not a bad re-use of the sky lynx mould,

But Deszaras straight up died in the cartoon.

When has that stopped the need to sell toys before
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808385)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2016 @ 7:12am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
lonrac wrote:Not a bad re-use of the sky lynx mould,

BUT I NEED MY STORIES TO BUY AND ENJOY THIS NEW INCARNATION OF ONSLAUGHT! WHY HE IS A SWAT TANK? WHY HE NO LONGER COMBINE?!

Seriously. If it's someone's thing to absolutely need fiction in order to buy anything, well, more power to them. Personally, I think of the toy FIRST and I never really cared about the fiction. This give me no limitations.

Still, I can't deny the power of fiction. Because at first I thought the Kaizoku Gokaiger megazord was a STUPID toy and I would have never bought it. Seriously, that combined robot is LITERALLY just a bunch of empty boxes strung together.

Then, I binge watched the entire series. Here's the consequence. :lol:
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808388)
Posted by Kurona on July 23rd, 2016 @ 7:25am CDT
This Liokaiser having a Sky lynx repaint as Deathsaurus for it's torso rather than Leozack + Jallguar or at least just Leozack? ... not particularly awesome.
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808389)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2016 @ 7:35am CDT
Kurona wrote:It kinda depends for me. Like, yeah I might need fiction to explain why something is significant different from what it originally was; but not always. For instance, the aforementioned SWAT Onslaught. That's awesome. I don't need anyone to tell me to buy it and I don't care that it can't combine, it's friggin awesome.

Still, you can't deny the creativity. Also, the goal of CW was to make base molds that could be repainted and remolded into multiple characters. So, just having CW Skylinx, a brand new mold that is mostly unremoldable, unrepaintable, was a little miracle. So, they were bound to repaint him at some point. Even though it does appear as a weird choice to the fans, Liokaiser is NOT a widly known character. Hell, even I didnt know who he was and where he came from. So having it as some exclusive repaint is in itself a great move. This will put this character on the map and with enough demand, maybe a proper update will come. In the meantime, consider it as an updated version of the character in a brand new universe.
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808392)
Posted by Kurona on July 23rd, 2016 @ 7:55am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808394)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2016 @ 7:58am CDT
Kurona wrote:It doesn't really feel creative. I get the same vibes from it as I do Hasbro's Computron having Superion's head and chest...

Time and budjet. A repaint is still just a repaint. At least consider yourself lucky that they did bother giving a new head to Liokaiser.
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808396)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 23rd, 2016 @ 8:07am CDT
Too bad we couldn't micron repaints of all the Breastforce/Destron partners. I think the only animal they don't have a mold for is a lion (which wouldn't be an issue for the new Liokaiser anyway)
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808398)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 23rd, 2016 @ 8:14am CDT
I'm going to consider it NEMESIS SKY LYNX... with LioKaiser's limbs for some reason. And maybe see if I can get him for a decent price after the inevitable Takara/3rd Party fix.

It's weird, though, they went out of their way to dedicate an entire mold to Sky Lynx instead of a generic space ship bot, and the limbs all get new heads, and these are all really obscure characters nobody expected to get any attention. Then they repaint Sky Lynx as a quadruple obscure character homage, partially just to get more use of said mold. It's simultaneously doing too much and doing not enough.

Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808401)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2016 @ 8:30am CDT

Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808402)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2016 @ 8:31am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Kinda almost wish the set was instead that Giant Purple Griffin and some random Decepticons. Like Grand Galvatron level wackiness.

Oh lol, that would hyave been AWESOME!

:-?

If I even find another CW Skylinx for cheap............................
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808403)
Posted by Kurona on July 23rd, 2016 @ 8:38am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Looking at these pics from Logan, I realize that while Takara's Swindle has more intricate paint apps for detail, I really like the bold colours on hasbro. I dont like seeing that dull grey on Takara's combiner peg and it in no way blends to give the illusion of a car front. Hasbro has this nice full colour use all around that I find fun. I love that purple. But both are really nice, its a good example of companies doing things differently rather than one giving us more than the other.

I unfortunately have the same dilemma here as I have with Scrapper.
One version is obviously better in every other way... except said version has a grey head, while the other version has a more silver head that looks a lot better and I want it on the better figure.
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808420)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2016 @ 10:03am CDT
Kurona wrote:Image
I unfortunately have the same dilemma here as I have with Scrapper.

I am not sure I follow, but which is which to you?
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808424)
Posted by Kurona on July 23rd, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Image
I unfortunately have the same dilemma here as I have with Scrapper.

I am not sure I follow, but which is which to you?

Hasbro Swindle is better, but Takara has the nicer, silver head.
Takara Scrapper is better, but Hasbro has the nicer, silver head.

Just my opinion ofc, though I don't think many would argue Hasbro Scrapper > Takara Scrapper. Dem elbows
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808426)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 23rd, 2016 @ 10:27am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Oh lol, that would hyave been AWESOME!

:-?

If I even find another CW Skylinx for cheap............................

I remember someone suggesting Hatchet as well.

Found these online
hatchet.jpg

purple griffon.jpg
Re: SDCC 2016: Video of Combiner Wars Liokaiser, Computron, and more #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1808435)
Posted by Starsaber468 on July 23rd, 2016 @ 11:29am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Oh lol, that would hyave been AWESOME!

:-?

If I even find another CW Skylinx for cheap............................

I remember someone suggesting Hatchet as well.

Found these online
hatchet.jpg

purple griffon.jpg

Whats with sky lynx in silverbolt colors? Oh wait its the unneeded hatchet repaint also giant puple griffin needs an new head for his awesomeness XD

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Lot Megatron Shockwave Hammerbyte Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY