SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint

SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009 10:07pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 38,336

TFW2005 gives us another look at more to be released Transformers from Hasbro's Booth at San Diego Comic Con '09.

Here's some pictures of Rotf Deluxe Autobot Gears, a repaint of 2007 Movie Stockade. We've seen it previously in-package.
Re: More pics from SDCC Transformers related
Re: More pics from SDCC Transformers related

Another figure shown was The Fallen's 'on-fire' repaint, that we first saw in Botcon '09. From the packaging, it can be assumed that the name of the figure will simply be 'The Fallen', as opposed to other Target exclusives such as 'Robo-Vision Optimus Prime' and 'Deep Space Starscream'.
Re: More pics from SDCC Transformers related
Re: More pics from SDCC Transformers related

For the rest of the galleries, which include more images of Human Alliance Skids and Masterpiece Skywarp, you can check that out here

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest Transformers news!

Credit(s): Seibermore, TFW2005.com

Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (959989)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 22nd, 2009 @ 10:27pm CDT
Well, he looks a bit better in those pics. Not so much as... "cheesy"... no seriously. The previous pics literally made him look like he was made out of cheese.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (959993)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 22nd, 2009 @ 10:33pm CDT
Fallen loves Cheetos.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (959995)
Posted by FracturedKoi on July 22nd, 2009 @ 10:35pm CDT
The Fallen...on fire...hm. Can anyone say "shelfwarmer?" =D

If they had maybe cast the figure in smokey gray and orange translucent plastic instead of that LOOKITME orange...then it would have been soooo much prettier.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960002)
Posted by Rumbler on July 22nd, 2009 @ 10:50pm CDT
Someone needs to tell The Fallen that hunting season isn't here yet. The blaze orange has to go.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960003)
Posted by Stress on July 22nd, 2009 @ 10:59pm CDT
well i like the repaint, even though it's a tade much, but oh well i'm a fallen fanatic since ww fallen :mrgreen:
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960012)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 22nd, 2009 @ 11:24pm CDT
Ugh. Those repaints are awful. Just pure crap. I cannot stand that orangy...thing called The Fallen. The original outclasses it in every way imaginable. It sucks.

The only one that shows any promise is Hoist. He'd look nice in your Classics/Universe collection.

Masterpiece Skywarp? Pass. I love the mold, I love Seekers, but I just can't part with that much dough for essentially the same toy. $60.00 for a repaint? Nope. Pass.

I want to see more new figures like Leader Class Starscream. That thing is so totally t3h s3x.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960023)
Posted by Solrac333 on July 22nd, 2009 @ 11:41pm CDT
Gears, no. Fallen....looks nice in that case. So if I get him, I'll keep in packaged....on clearance.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960051)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:38am CDT
I guess that confirms that Skywarp's 'con emblems are the other way up to Walmart Starscream's. I guess I'll have to put a slightly larger sticker version over the tampos on both to get the two to match. Hopefully Walmart will see their way clear to shipping some of these to their UK arm. We never got Starscream over here but we have seen pretty much all of their exclusives in between times.

I've got a feeling that Gears will join Hoist and (Target?) Jazz as stand in figures on a few people's Classics shelves. I'd like some clearer pictures of him but I'll provisionally pick him up with that purpose in mind.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960055)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:50am CDT
Uh think i just threw up in my mouth a little. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? I know hasbro loves repaints just for the sake of repaints but that just horrid. And here i thought the figure couldnt get any uglier.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960075)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 23rd, 2009 @ 1:50am CDT
I am totally all over that Skywarp! :D
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960083)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 23rd, 2009 @ 2:16am CDT
How clever-there are gears on Gears.

Yuck.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960110)
Posted by Stockade on July 23rd, 2009 @ 5:44am CDT
Hmmm Gears doesnt look too bad in bot mode, but his alt mode isnt that good, and at first the Fallen on fire i thought he was suppose to have more red and than orange, after seeing the Fallen is a complete failure!!! I think the person who painted him is color-blind..
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960174)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 23rd, 2009 @ 8:50am CDT
$59.99?!!!!!

That's TWICE as expensive as the MP Starscream was! Why would they give such a ridiculous price for the same figure!?!
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960188)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 23rd, 2009 @ 9:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:$59.99?!!!!!

Uh...no. Masterpiece Starscream was also $60.00

He was never $30.00 except on clearance.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960198)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 23rd, 2009 @ 9:49am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:$59.99?!!!!!

Uh...no. Masterpiece Starscream was also $60.00

He was never $30.00 except on clearance.

Technically, I think retail on Wal-Marp MP Starscream was $48.87.

But yea, it's basically a $10 increase.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960207)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 23rd, 2009 @ 10:14am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:$59.99?!!!!!

Uh...no. Masterpiece Starscream was also $60.00

He was never $30.00 except on clearance.

Technically, I think retail on Wal-Marp MP Starscream was $48.87.

But yea, it's basically a $10 increase.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ail/11875/

I stand corrected, you were right.

And it's still not doubled. $10.00 isn't that bad.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960214)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 23rd, 2009 @ 10:31am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:$59.99?!!!!!

Uh...no. Masterpiece Starscream was also $60.00

He was never $30.00 except on clearance.

Technically, I think retail on Wal-Marp MP Starscream was $48.87.

But yea, it's basically a $10 increase.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ail/11875/

I stand corrected, you were right.

And it's still not doubled. $10.00 isn't that bad.
Hmm, it was so long ago when I got my MP Screamer. I must've forgotten its price.

Still, I wonder where I got the $30 bucks idea from?
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960262)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:03pm CDT
I'll buy gears, I like that mold. Glad I didn't wait for that Fallen repaint, it doesn't do it for me. I like the original better.
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960284)
Posted by Oilspill on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:55pm CDT
I don't do movie-line, but I'm glad Gears is getting some love in some form. The grumpy ol' sunnavabitch doesn't get too many releases. :P
Re: SDCC Images: RotF Gears and Fallen Repaint (960306)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on July 23rd, 2009 @ 1:29pm CDT
Will pick up MP Skywarp for sure. I too, do not do movie figures anymore however, for some strange reason I like that ugly-ass Fallen on fire fig. :lol: I guess I just like black and orange. Dunno.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Triggerhappy & Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Windblade complete G1 LG-12 Takara Generations US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY