Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

Saturday, March 4th, 2017 9:22pm CST

Category: Site News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 35,705

It's time for the Transtopia Round-up! We apologize for missing the roundup for the last of 2016. We hope that you will forgive us for being busy this holiday season. With no further ado we bring you: customization jobs, creations, fanart, comics, paints, builds, stickers, WIPs and more cool things users like you have made.

If you like what you see, make sure to also comment on the original thread and send the author some robo-love. It feels good to be appreciated!

CUSTOMIZATIONS

Insurgent - COMBINER WARS LIOKAISER

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

jcartwork - Custom Transformers Megatron

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

MR Optimus Prime - Titans Return Laserbeak

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

Klejpull - IDW TESARUS REPLICA

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

FAN FICTION

Sheba - What if Sheba intervenes?

deceptispoon - Space Vagabonds

Apollo-XL5 - Prime Effect

FAN ART

Deadput - FOC styled Hotshot & Ricochet

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

BeastProwl - Untitled

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

SillySpringer - SillySpringer face avatar

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864287)
Posted by Microraptor on March 4th, 2017 @ 9:32pm CST
Finally!
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864315)
Posted by Verno on March 4th, 2017 @ 11:03pm CST

Do you know how hard it is to get your artwork in front of discerning fans? It's bloody hard. Round-ups like these should be a perfect tool to help in that endeavour, but it seems that whoever puts them together can't even give a cursory glance to your own art section.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864329)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 4th, 2017 @ 11:19pm CST
Verno wrote:Are you joking? Your first round-up for the year and you've missed BOTH of my pieces of artwork. And they're not small pieces either. Days of work have been put into them by the line artist and colourist. Days!

The site has been undergoing massive updates, which is why this is so separated from the last roundup.

The roundup was also compiled by a freshman newstaff member. I'm sure Burn or Va'al will check in on things and make sure your art was not missed.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864343)
Posted by Foximus on March 5th, 2017 @ 1:12am CST
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864346)
Posted by Deadput on March 5th, 2017 @ 1:18am CST

Maybe they did not see your work at the time?

Making a tantrum is probably not going to make them want to go out of their way to find your stuff.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864347)
Posted by Deadput on March 5th, 2017 @ 1:18am CST
Anyways since some of my art was posted I'll post another in this post the WFC Ds Autobot Rookie who is the playable tutorial character although he is nameless in game I call him Evac and since he shares the design of the Generic Autobots in WFC my headcanon is that he is a fresh Autotrooper trainee which all share the blue colors before being promoted and gaining the white colors of regular Autotroopers.

Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864350)
Posted by Burn on March 5th, 2017 @ 1:41am CST
Want to know the process of putting together these round-ups?

It includes going through each sub-forum of the Transtopia area, looking for posts made since the last round-up was posted.

We missed months. For that, we're sorry.

Va'al normally compiles these, when he's busy he'll normally ask me to do it. In this particular instance we passed it onto someone else.

Anyone who has compiled one of these knows how much of a mammoth task it is. It's not something you can do in one sitting, it takes HOURS to prepare. Hours of UNPAID VOLUNTARY TIME.

Vern, we've known each other for years, from our days on TAAU, I know first hand how much work you've put into your work, I've seen how far you've come over the years and I will tell you now that missing your work was accidental. We decided to round-up only from February, and even then we managed to miss you, and for that I do apologise to you and to anyone else we may have missed.

We dropped the ball, plain and simple.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864351)
Posted by Sammythekat on March 5th, 2017 @ 1:44am CST
Welp.

There's always a next time, I guess.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864373)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 5th, 2017 @ 3:41am CST

I spent many hours this week doing this roundup. I started Wednesday morning and it took me until Saturday afternoon to have it finished. Please keep in mind that I have a life outside of Seibetron and am a regular person just like you and I don't appreciate being snapped at.

I am also new to news staff and I took this endeavor upon myself because others could not. Our site has been undergoing many updates and we have also been spending many hours working to make this site a great place to be.

I myself write some short stories about Transformers so I can understand the work that does go into it. That is part of the reason that I chose to help out this month even though it was a daunting task to look through everything.

All of this being said if you did make something in the month of February and it got missed all you needed to do was ask and post the link.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864374)
Posted by Insurgent on March 5th, 2017 @ 4:38am CST
Cool. I made it. Thanks for the inclusion. :D
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864381)
Posted by Verno on March 5th, 2017 @ 5:37am CST
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864550)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 5th, 2017 @ 8:02pm CST
Verno wrote:So as not to inflame the situation any further, I'll thank Burn for his comments and move along. The two of us do indeed go quite a long way back.

I don't have any hard feelings. I just wanted to show that there was a nicer way to ask.

I think it might be a good idea for those whom wanted to share artwork that got missed during the updates would be to post it in this thread along with a link to your main thread(s).

I know it's not as nice as being featured but I would like to see everyone's work. I think the same goes for everyone else who is scrolling these threads. I know I would check out what everyone has worked on.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864558)
Posted by Sammythekat on March 5th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CST
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864562)
Posted by Burn on March 5th, 2017 @ 10:17pm CST
pssst...Sammy. Go read our forum rules for the signature guidelines. You're way over the file size limit.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864658)
Posted by 1984forever on March 6th, 2017 @ 9:54am CST
Foximus wrote:If its not a bother, I wouldn't mind my fan fiction's new chapter up here as well. No worries if not though.

Why would you expect anyone with a perfect hatred for G1 to add your work into their creative round up?
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864695)
Posted by Va'al on March 6th, 2017 @ 12:38pm CST
To all those of you who are patiently being patient with new news staff, and not piling on something that I haven't been able to do: please keep being patient. We are redeveloping and rethinking how Transtopia can be improved too, and that includes the round-up.

I will find a way of featuring those we have missed across February, but anything in 2016 will have to be left behind. As Burn says, we're sorry this is the case, but it was impossible to get to them at the time, and the task is insurmountable right now with everything else going on.

I understand the disappointment, but name calling and abrasive behaviour is not ok. WreckerJack did me a massive favour by doing this, and instead of celebrating what people have been creating, we're still bickering about the reasons behind why certain things were not included.

The only, sole reason is: I was stupid busy from September to January, Burn was stupid busy too, WreckerJack offered to help, but both of us being busy these past weeks (Toy Fair and all) means he only got part of the whole job as we usually do it.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864776)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 6th, 2017 @ 5:38pm CST
1984forever wrote:

I don't think anyone here hates G1. G1 is awesome. I occasionally go back and watch some of my favorite episodes because they have got Ratchet, Wheeljack and all of the Dinobots. Can't forget Soundwave and his cassettes either.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864798)
Posted by Deadput on March 6th, 2017 @ 7:25pm CST
WreckerJack wrote:
1984forever wrote:

To add to this I don't hate G1 either but in the last 2-3 years I've been getting G1 burned out by how it's the only thing that has a lot of effort these days sacrificing quality of the modern lines like Prime and Rid.

Only the movies get as much attention and even then they have some downs like most of AOE and the repaints of said toys for TLK.
Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864801)
Posted by Burn on March 6th, 2017 @ 8:08pm CST
Deadput wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
1984forever wrote:

Re: Seibertron.com Creative Roundup - March, 2017 (1864807)
Posted by Deadput on March 6th, 2017 @ 8:40pm CST
Burn wrote:So how about all that work that we managed to NOT miss hey? Bloody awesome work or what? Image

The work here is great never said otherwise! :BOWDOWN:

Also I'm grateful and thankful for you guys featuring my art which I thought was going to be ignored due to being in a kinda obscure forum.

I'm talking about the overuse of G1 in media these days mostly in toys I'm good with using the same characters in a different story but not the same characters and the same story but with a couple small "twists".

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY