Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers

Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 4:32am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 113,845

With the release of Transformers The Movie in 2007 we received a massive wave of merchandise, and one of the largest parts of the merchandise was the toyline, which was huge. The line consisted of all the Class sizes we knew, Legends, Scout, Deluxe, Voyager, Ultra (which came later in the form of repaints), Leader, and Supreme in the form of Ultimate Bumblebee.

We also received new size classes and price points, one of which was the Fast Action Battlers, or FAB for short. The range of "FAB" consisted of cheap easily to transform simplistic interpretations of the Movie characters which where slightly larger than a Deluxe but sold at the same price point. Each one of them featured some sort of action gimmick and could be transformed in just a few quick steps, hence the name "Fast Action Battlers". The line returned with Revenge of the Fallen in the form of repaints and new molds.

Seibertron.com now has galleries of all 18 of the ROTF FABs, which you can view by clicking here or on the corresponding images below! The following list is sorted by character and not the original release.

Double Blade Optimus Prime

Cyber Pursuit Arcee

Sword Slash Starscream

Electro Whip Jolt

Missile Assault Grindor

Grapple Grip Mudflap

Missile Blast Skids

Click here for the complete Seibertron.com galleries!

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 11:44am CST

Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165246)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 4th, 2011 @ 4:33am CST
Something strange happened and the galleries stopped working for me, which is why the last few are just thumbnails I'll see if I can fix it later. :BOOM:
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165328)
Posted by OlivusPrime on January 4th, 2011 @ 9:16am CST
Not toys I'd want to buy, but a few of them genuinely look quite cool, especially Optimus, Sideswipe, Sideways and Grindor.

The funny thing is that this cheapo deluxe-sized version of Megatron is more screen-accurate than the full size Leader toy!
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165373)
Posted by Talous on January 4th, 2011 @ 11:36am CST
FAB's are easy to transform, thus FAB Arcee is easy to transform? I found the toy just as frustrating as the other three (two?) bike sisters.
Top notch galleries as always, looking forward to seeing more.
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165384)
Posted by Seibertron on January 4th, 2011 @ 12:09pm CST
Thanks for getting these posted DM. It feels so good to finally have these galleries online. The FABs have been sitting out in my basement/gallery workshop for 1.5 years. I worked on these when I had a spare moment. I finally transformed them all back to vehicle mode and put them all away this morning. Hopefully I can do the same for the Legends class figures that I haven't had a chance to finish yet.

I rather like the Fast Action Battlers. They're fun, simple Transformers that make me feel like the transformations of the old school Transformers isn't a lost art. There's something to be said for pulling the arms out, legs out, and flipping the head over. They're not very poseable, but they're still fun toys to have. They're like giant Legends class figures!

I really like the artwork on the packaging. Do we know who the artist is?
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165385)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 4th, 2011 @ 12:15pm CST
I like that Megatron too, since his tank mode is kind of like a Metal Slug. In fact I bought one or two whenever he went on sale, so now I have 9 or 10 of him! See, to me he's a troop builder, because if you boil him whole in green dye, he ends up looking like a tank from the Cybertronian army in the G2 comics. Gotta remove the end of the cannon barrel with the bayonet first though, because the soft pvc parts will absorb more dye and turn black (his left arm)

Still, that's the only non-legend ROTF Megs I own, as I've largely given up on the Bayniverse toys. On one that I left in Megs' colors, I hacked out a little of his left bicep so his forearm can move forward at the elbow. An all-around fun toy for amateur kitbashers.
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165507)
Posted by mightwork on January 4th, 2011 @ 6:54pm CST
In my entire collection I only have one FAB and that's Disk Blast Frenzy!
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165536)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 4th, 2011 @ 8:00pm CST
I almost picked up Long Haul while waiting for the Voyager version. Kinda hope there's a non-green repaint in the future, FAB LH looks like a nifty Constructicon.
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165669)
Posted by paul053 on January 5th, 2011 @ 9:35am CST
Nice galleries. I only bought Jolt for my son after seeing he went very cheap on a site. He still likes it but I was very disappointing by its articulations. Car mode is great, though.
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1165685)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 5th, 2011 @ 9:52am CST
I actually thought some of the Primes and Bees looked good. Not really my thing but good nonetheless.
:BOT:
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1167149)
Posted by ghoyle on January 8th, 2011 @ 9:30pm CST
There are two or three missing from this list. Rally Mudflap, Offroad Skids and Spark Blast Jolt (though I don't know if the Jolt repaint ever saw the light of day - http://www.seibertron.com/vsd/character/spark-blast-jolt/4791).
Re: Seibertron.com Galleries: ROTF Fast Action Battlers (1167189)
Posted by Blurrz on January 9th, 2011 @ 12:47am CST
Yes, the Mudflap and Skids are exclusives that Ryan will be taking pictures of in the future. Jolt was never released.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY