Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes

Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes

Monday, June 28th, 2010 2:08am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Site Articles, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 52,885

At the recent BotCon, third party Fansproject has given Seibertron.com a special access to shoot a photo gallery for the upcoming "Protector" (Classics Rodimus add-on) and "Explorer & Munitioner" (Universe Bruticus add-on).

You can view the full gallery here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 1st, 2010 2:31am CDT

Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091359)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on June 28th, 2010 @ 3:19am CDT
Heck, if it's not ungodly expensive, and the new 3-pack really comes out, I'll get one of those Rodimus things.
It looks pretty neat.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091361)
Posted by Mykltron on June 28th, 2010 @ 3:30am CDT
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091369)
Posted by DMSL on June 28th, 2010 @ 4:24am CDT
Bruticus looks good, but not great. I think the Bruticus Maximus parts are dragging it down a bit. Would be nice if Fansproject went all the way and made their own versions of Onslaught, Vortex and Brawl or just the "limb" robots and used the Classic Ultra Onslaught as the main body.

As far as Hot Rod goes, looks cool, but he is a bit too blocky and thick, hopefully he will look better painted.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091381)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 28th, 2010 @ 5:45am CDT
Ugh, Munitioner and Explorer, where are you??? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091383)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 28th, 2010 @ 5:52am CDT
Mykltron wrote:So most of the truck part becomes a battle platform? That's put me off. I don't need have much space for non-robots on my shelves!

Um, do you remember the G1 figure, it was basically all trailer with a lanky robot underneath it. How about the misproportioned Titanium Rodimus with a hole through his torso. I think they have done a damn fine job with Protector. It looks awesome.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091384)
Posted by LiKwid on June 28th, 2010 @ 6:02am CDT
Seeing these guys in person is a totally different thing versus seeing them in still images.. I saw both sets while I was there and they are both bonafide awesome!

The protector armor adds alot of articulation to the figure and increases his height a good inch or two. Not to mention that his own weapon is intergrated into the scheme( brilliant move IMO). The real undoing of this project copuld be the color scheme they choose to use..Hopefully it's not to dark of a red.

Bruticus is a whole other level of awesome. What the Crossfire set did for Superion this set does twice as much for bruticus.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091391)
Posted by dragons on June 28th, 2010 @ 6:35am CDT
what does target master do how does that firt into the set.?

preorder as soon its release
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091402)
Posted by tarZen on June 28th, 2010 @ 7:25am CDT
That battle station thingy is a mess. And the leg proportions are way off on Rodimus.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091436)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 28th, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
LiKwid wrote: The real undoing of this project copuld be the color scheme they choose to use..Hopefully it's not to dark of a red.

As long as it matches either the Classics or Henkei versions, I think it'll be good.

Eagerly awaiting both of these. While I was not at Botcon, I did have the pleasure of seeing Bruticus in person when it was on display at a local collectible shop. Very impressive indeed.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091515)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 28th, 2010 @ 4:37pm CDT
Protector looks great. The leg proportions are not that bad and I don't really know what they could have done about it. Without making a completely new figure, is it possible to extend a thigh? I can't think of a way. And yeah, the base looks a bit messy in those photos but a. the are no paint applications to direct detail and b. we have no idea what that thing can do and what gimmicks it has. I mean, look at the G3 trailer. That base is bound to do something cool. The fact that they made a solid, armored yet sleek and articulated Rodimus Prime does it for me. Cannot wait :APPLAUSE:

And as far as Bruticus goes.. :x
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091520)
Posted by MatrixWithinUs on June 28th, 2010 @ 4:48pm CDT
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091526)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 28th, 2010 @ 4:53pm CDT
So... is it August, yet? Has Crossfire II dropped? ;)

Thirty kinds of awesome, here.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091548)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 28th, 2010 @ 5:37pm CDT
MatrixWithinUs wrote:Yeah, I don't know what else FP has to do to sell this thing... It is all kinds of AWESOME!!!! I'm not that into the head but can absolutely live with it no problem. Then on top of everything we find out it has a targetmaster and, the wing extensions everyone was wanting plus, a roller. I say again well done FP, well done... :KREMZEEK: :APPLAUSE:

Whoah! He has a targetmaster and a roller?? When was this announced, Botcon? Thats awesome! I was sold beforehand :lol: Now, if they just throw in a matrix...
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091549)
Posted by Swiftpaw on June 28th, 2010 @ 5:39pm CDT
The armor on Rodimus looks great .. but I'm not so sure about the trailer/gun platform. It looks almost like it's overcomplicating it. I was hoping it would be more like the Trailer done for Prime, that opened up the same way but improved on its actual workings inside.

Though it may just be the limited pictures, and it'll all look better when we see more of it in action.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091552)
Posted by Mixmaster Prime on June 28th, 2010 @ 5:44pm CDT
hmm.. this doesn't excite me as much as the ultra magnus city commander upgrade, but I do like the bulk it adds to him, and i didn't really like that rodimus' head sculpt wasn't more G1 to begin with. Having the armor turn into the trailer/gun turret is awesome though. Will wait to see colored pics.
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091579)
Posted by WESITRON on June 28th, 2010 @ 7:15pm CDT
I only own City Commander V1, the City upgrade kit, and Warbot Defender, but I gotta say if I could afford it I would buy everything they put out. I actually think a battle station is a way cooler idea than just doing another BFG that I'll leave in the box. I'll totally display him on the turret and add some playability and presentation to my shelf.
Hell, isn't everybody waiting to buy 2 Junkions when they get released for just that purpose? I love the fact that FansProject is trying to make things fun, and the trailers have always been battle stations or repair stations in the past, why change it up?

I'm definitely getting this set, and I'm jacked about it! :grin:
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091646)
Posted by Overcracker on June 28th, 2010 @ 9:36pm CDT
The Battle station is not fully transformed. With that said, I think Rodimus looks very cool.

Vange1us has a talk with the guys at the Fansproject

while closely taking a look at Protector over Henkei Rodimus
Re: Seibertron Gallery of Fansproject Protector & Explorer / Munitioner Prototypes (1091690)
Posted by goshjosh95 on June 29th, 2010 @ 12:06am CDT
Lovin it. Can't wait for Protector to upgrade Rodimus. Love the wing extensions to that the Fansproject guy describes in Vange1us' video. Sounds like they're going all out to pack it with goodies, just like the G3 trailer or the additional add-ons to the Commander armor.

Also looking fwd to the FP Bruticus figures. As someone mentioned earlier, if it was in my budget, I'd get every single item FP puts out.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY