Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 4:13pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Counterpunch   Views: 7,486

Once again true believers the time has come for us to gather up the luggage, the spending cash, and the friends/family...Seibertron is going to BotCon!

For the past two years we've made it a newborn tradition to gather up forum friends for a Friday night party. May 29th at the Sheraton Hotel we will be invading Charlie's bar/restaurant at 9:00PM in full force. Last year's event had close to 100 of your closest Seibertronian friends drinking, talking about the convention, and generally causing a massive ruckus. Ask anyone who was able to make it out, we all had a great time.

If this is your first time going to BotCon or if you're one of our many valued friends who simply lurk the forums, we especially want you to come out with us! BotCon in of itself is a great time, but you won't be getting your money's worth if you miss out on the opportunity to kick back with your fellow fans for a few hours.

The Staff here at Seibertron welcomes any and all from the site (and all other sites for that matter) to come out and share a drink and a laugh with us.

So, here are some of the finer points to know and make note of...

The Sheraton Hotel is located at: 303 East Cordova Street �· Pasadena, California 91101

It's right next to the convention center.

For those who aren't going to the convention, your boy Counterpunch here is going to do his best to drop constant updates via Twitter. Follow me here: http://twitter.com/ME_Counterpunch

We're going to attempt to use Twitter and Text Messages to keep in touch with people and places through out the convention. If you want to grab lunch or a drink, start sharing information with folks via the forums or Twitter. If you've got a mobile phone with Internet, keep up to date with Twitter's mobile app.

Leave any questions here and I'll do my best to answer them. This year's convention is shaping up to be a great event. We're looking forward to meeting up with old friend's not seen since last year as well as all the new blood who will be showing up or making themselves known for the first time.

All the best.

-cp

Credit(s): Counterpunch

Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917008)
Posted by Hard Hacker on May 2nd, 2009 @ 7:33pm CDT
Sounds like a golden opportunity.

Shame I'm unable to go. But I'm sure nobody really likes me on this forum (Or are keeping awfully quite if they do).

But hey, it might be worth selling my organs to find out that I'm wrong in a couple of years time.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917029)
Posted by JEDI ALCHEMIST on May 2nd, 2009 @ 8:54pm CDT
I'll see you guys there! ^_^ :D B-) :)
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917034)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 2nd, 2009 @ 9:04pm CDT
JEDI ALCHEMIST wrote:I'll see you guys there! ^_^ :D B-) :)

I bet I can drink more beers than you! :D
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917073)
Posted by Ninja Boy on May 2nd, 2009 @ 10:56pm CDT
I'll be there. I hung out with you guys during the 2007 BotCon. I'll be sport'n my red Seibertron T-shirt as well this year. Anybody else disappointed with this years toy set?
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917079)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 2nd, 2009 @ 11:07pm CDT
Two things.

1) Is the big cheese himself going to be there? I think he'll be having his hands full now...

2) There's a mobile Twitter app? I thought it was just the mobile site; available for the storm? Dude I'll definitely be checking the page out just for the updates.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917128)
Posted by Savage on May 3rd, 2009 @ 1:13am CDT
Being the noninternet-phone person, you guys can just call me or shoot a text message. We'll definitely be at the bar Friday night (and probably Thursday and Saturday nights as well, just for fun). Anybody from the site is welcome to drop me a PM at any time during the Con with your cell number if you're having trouble tracking us down. Though, honestly, just listen for the rambunctious noise and look from the mass of Seibertron shirts moving like a big black hurricane.

Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917188)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 3rd, 2009 @ 8:31am CDT
Savage wrote:On a similar note, how early are you guys showing up? Katie and I will be arriving pretty early, I think our plane lands around noon Thursday. Gonna be checking in, grabbing some lunch, and lurking around til registration starts. All are welcome to lurk.

Same with Andrew and I.

Get with us when you're on the ground.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917205)
Posted by First Gen on May 3rd, 2009 @ 9:54am CDT

Plus I still don't know what airport is best to fly into. All sorts of problems here.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917382)
Posted by goshjosh95 on May 3rd, 2009 @ 8:18pm CDT
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917406)
Posted by Savage on May 3rd, 2009 @ 9:43pm CDT
First Gen wrote:I wasn't gonna go til friday, but my pickup time is 9pm thursday. If I show up friday I might miss out on the free attendee figure for the second year in a row, but I have no where to crash thursday nite.

Dude, we can totally find you a place to crash Thursday night.

We're flying into LAX, which is probably not the best, but was surprisingly the cheapest. I believe Burbank is the closest airport.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917412)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 3rd, 2009 @ 10:14pm CDT

Fun pub won't let you change your pick up day? Doesn't seem right.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917423)
Posted by First Gen on May 3rd, 2009 @ 11:05pm CDT
goshjosh95 wrote:Awesome; thanks for setting this up. This is my first time going to Botcon. I'm driving down Thursday, but have to pick up my fiancee from the airport on Friday around 6 PM (she's actually going to check Botcon out with me on Sat through gen admission), so hopefully we can make it back in time to meet some fellow Seibertronians later Fri night.

For 80 bucks you can add her as a Minicon and get her access to all the events save Party at the Paramount. Just food for thought.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917456)
Posted by goshjosh95 on May 4th, 2009 @ 12:38am CDT
First Gen wrote: FYI General Admission only gets you in the dealer room and you better get there at least an 2 hours+ before the doors open at 10AM if you don't wanna get in there soon.

Thanks for the heads-up. Hmm, I might seriously consider the Minicon add-on because that is kind of a pain for her to have to wait so long & not be able to check out cool stuff outside the Dealer Room.

On the other hand, General Admission might be enough... I think she was only interested in coming by for half a day anyway, just to see what in the world I'm doing that weekend, & why we're all into these awesome transforming robots. :wink:
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917460)
Posted by TattedPitbull on May 4th, 2009 @ 12:50am CDT
i gotta wait till next year to go i've never been to a con in my life, this botcon would be my first, i wish i could go this year but i can't :(
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917679)
Posted by Delicon on May 4th, 2009 @ 6:38pm CDT

99% chance I'll be coming in the same time as CP and Andrew so I'll be sure to find you as well.

At Botcon 2007 I came in for late registration Friday morning at 9 am or whatever the "earliest" time was you could. I got the transparent Mirage no problems.

goshjosh95 wrote:

Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917792)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on May 5th, 2009 @ 12:50am CDT
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917812)
Posted by goshjosh95 on May 5th, 2009 @ 3:37am CDT
Delicon wrote:Did you register for the Paramount Party? She can still go to the party with you if she is a minicon, but you'll have to shell out $50 extra on top of the minicon price. If past years are an indication though the Saturday night party is generally one of the coolest events of the Con.

Frick. No, I did not. I wasn't really sure what it was, so I didn't bother signing up for it. What does the Paramount Party entail?
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917842)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 5th, 2009 @ 7:36am CDT
goshjosh95 wrote:

We only know for sure that dinner will be served and Weird Al will be there.

Speculation is that the movie will be premiered there.

I'd see about going if I were you. A call to Fun Pub would probably take care of it.
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (917890)
Posted by First Gen on May 5th, 2009 @ 10:19am CDT
PlasmaEnergyGod wrote:I'm all set for this year's festivities. I'm just going to save money by eating In n' Out the whole weekend. Can't wait to party with everyone again. Drinks are on me First Gen! :mrgreen:

Actually bro, since I still have "No Planet for Actionmasters" hanging in my front room, first rounds on me!
Re: Seibertron's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (918045)
Posted by goshjosh95 on May 5th, 2009 @ 4:48pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:We only know for sure that dinner will be served and Weird Al will be there.

Speculation is that the movie will be premiered there.

Thanks for the heads-up, CP. Have to check with the girl to make sure I can go.

I'm not as whipped as that just sounded. :P

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY