SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit

SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit

Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 5:39pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Event News, Rumors, Store News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 16,269

Fans of the IDW Publishing born Transformers character Drift can find sweet joy in the latest news coming from SG Collect.

According to a report given by mineraljane of TFW2005, it appears that the spotlight recipient will be made into a collectable model kit that may or may not be given as a Transformers fan convention exclusive. No mention of what convention was said but we are treated to some blurry teaser pics of the prototype kit.

SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit

SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit

More details to follow.

Credit(s): mineraljane, SG Collect

Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920559)
Posted by Stickshift on May 12th, 2009 @ 5:55pm CDT
A "convention exclusive" you say???

Cool I must put a preorder in with an online retailer now for $200, or if it's in the UK I might just spend money on gas and a hotel and go to the convention to get it.

Hang on a minute... I've been here before...
Now if I could just think why this doesn't feel right!

;-)
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920561)
Posted by It Is Him on May 12th, 2009 @ 6:00pm CDT
That's pretty rad! (Doesn't mean I'll buy one though :D )
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920562)
Posted by Narc on May 12th, 2009 @ 6:02pm CDT
Interesting. I may want to get one if it's affordable.
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920567)
Posted by Optillamanus on May 12th, 2009 @ 6:12pm CDT
His legs look like they're bound together by his spoiler.
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920576)
Posted by ponycorn on May 12th, 2009 @ 6:35pm CDT
Optillamanus wrote:His legs look like they're bound together by his spoiler.

Yeah that's what it looks like to me too unfortunately.

He's supposed to be a ninja, this necessitates posability. Hope it's not the only figure he'll ever get. :(
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920577)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on May 12th, 2009 @ 6:37pm CDT
The only 3rd party TF makers I trusted for an exclusive was FansProject and look what happened.
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920583)
Posted by Mkall on May 12th, 2009 @ 6:53pm CDT
I'll see what happens before I commit.
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920594)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 12th, 2009 @ 7:22pm CDT
Ooo. An Exclusive? I'd be willing to pay one gagillion dollars for that! :-B
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920597)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 12th, 2009 @ 7:27pm CDT

Awwww hell, I'll throw down anyway. It's not like I'm scared of anybody anyway.

So, is this going to be Hasbros back door for leaving the guys at IDW high and dry on the Drift figure issue??
Promise us one thing then throw us a puny morsel and say here's your meal for the month?
So we get a 3rd party to come up with a model kit that only a select few will actually be able to get their hands on and that, therfore, fulfills the obligation of Drift being out there for the fans.
F*****g Jerks! (not the model company, Hasbro! I'm sure the model will be great although I'll never be able to lay my hands on one)
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920611)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 12th, 2009 @ 8:05pm CDT
Looks like a brick.... with SWORDS!
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920623)
Posted by First Gen on May 12th, 2009 @ 8:23pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:Much as I would love to make a comment about this I don't think I dare make the attempt since I was chased off the site the last time I tried to have a defendable opinion about Drift.

Awwww hell, I'll throw down anyway. It's not like I'm scared of anybody anyway.

Don't give up hope yet my friend. With HASBRO its all about the numbers. If enough people demand Drift be made, he will. The Classics/ Universe line is proof of this.
Re: SG Collect to make exclusive DRIFT Model Kit (920627)
Posted by Universe on May 12th, 2009 @ 8:33pm CDT
Sweet. Hopefully we're just looking an a rough CG model. Looking forward to seeing if he looks as good as the comic character.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Legends Class COSMOS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Daburu & Autobot Twinferno (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Sergeant Kup Autobot Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY