Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers

Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers

Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 4:38pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 12,801

Shia LaBeouf has been a busy man lately. With the new release of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull going national this weekend, and his many upcoming projects he's currently working on, he's been all over the globe and all over the media.

Entertainment Weekly got a chance to interview the Transformers star about his newest film Indiana Jones. In the interview, Shia tells us how he happened to get the role for the upcoming film and how he thought he was actually getting cut from TRANSFORMERS the movie. Taken from the EW.com interview:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So how'd you get the gig in Crystal Skull?
SHIA LABEOUF: I had just finished making Transformers [which Spielberg exec produced]. On a Monday, I got a call: ''Steven wants to meet with you at his office on Thursday regarding a movie he's gonna be making.'' Now, anybody who follows film follows Steven, and what he's doing and what's next. The problem is, at that time, Steven was working on about 16 different movies. So I went to [Spielberg's production company] Amblin, and I came into his office. I had started to think maybe I was going to the principal's office.

What do you mean
?
Like that Steven was going to say, ''Listen, we just saw all the Transformers footage, and we're in the midst of cutting you out of the film. And we just wanted to express our thanks for your hard work and efforts.''

But that didn't happen
Steven asked, ''Have you ever seen any of the Indiana Jones movies?'' I don't think I talked for five minutes. I had to get up and pace in his office. I was freaking out. I'm speechless. I want to cry. I'm having a panic attack, and I'm sweaty. My heartbeat — you can even ask Steven. He finally said, ''I guess that means yes.''

Not to worry though, Mr. Spielberg was just going to discuss with him the role he would assume in the 4th installment of the Indiana Jones franchise. Shia gives us a good look at what he went through with the filming of his current movie and how keeping plots secret has become apart of his modus operandi.

To view the complete interview with Shia, click here.

Credit(s): EW.com

Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706097)
Posted by Stormrider on May 22nd, 2008 @ 4:48pm CDT
I used to think that Shia spoke and acted this way in previous interviews just to make himself look cool and in touch with young adults and teenagers. But now I am starting to think that he really is a nut.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706100)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:01pm CDT
Wish they would cut him. He's an ass.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706101)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:01pm CDT
I can't see any need for him to return. I can actualy see a need for the Hackers and Goverment guys to return...

"...hey people already familiar with this stuff, can you continue to keep an eye on this growing situation..."

See that would make sence, instead, lets get them out of there and have more of this wank...

Optimus is a perv!!!
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706102)
Posted by First Gen on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:05pm CDT
He's a young kid who got extremely popular in an extremely fast way.

I know most of you we're hoping that Michael J. Fox would his reprise his role as Marty McFly to be Spike :P , but hey, Shia is alright.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706105)
Posted by Heavy B on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:06pm CDT
jackass...
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706107)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:09pm CDT

Then the movie came out and the negativity was drowned out.

Now that there's really no hype about it seems we're subjected to the negativity again.

Though in the case of this thread I have to wonder how much of it stems from jealousy.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706112)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:15pm CDT
Burn wrote:It truly amazes me that before the movie came out these forums were flooded with constant negativity.

Then the movie came out and the negativity was drowned out.

Very honest and sadly true observations, but speaking only for me, he had his part in the first film, I liked the job he did, but now I'd like to see some robots.

It's not a jealousy thing, it's more of a "I wanna see some firggin robots" thing.

I watch Transformers for the Transformers, not for the people. Plenty of great stories have been writen without them, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

But thats just my oppinion.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706115)
Posted by Anonymous on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:21pm CDT
I don't care if he comes back in tf2, I just care about what Transformers will be in it. Like Soundwave, Ravege and Barricade!
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706141)
Posted by Archanubis on May 22nd, 2008 @ 5:46pm CDT
Why would he think that he'd be cut from the movie? I mean, he's practically in nearly 3/4 of all the scenes in it.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706157)
Posted by Zeds on May 22nd, 2008 @ 6:23pm CDT
I would not mind if they replaced him in TFM2.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706233)
Posted by Scaleface on May 22nd, 2008 @ 8:47pm CDT
Wouldn't it be nice if the second movie started with a scene of Optimus accidentally stepping on Sam, crushing him to death and saying "oops, my bad", then if we can try to go the rest of the movie without any pee or masterbation jokes it might be watchable.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706250)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 22nd, 2008 @ 9:41pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:

Then the movie came out and the negativity was drowned out.

But thats just my oppinion.

When it comes to Transformers that turn into vehicles, there has never been an episode without a human, so why should that change now?

Plus BumbleBee wanted to stay with Sam, so he should be back.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706263)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 22nd, 2008 @ 10:10pm CDT
I'm not saying don't have humans, I'm just saying with all the TF material out there, do we realy need to have plenty of robot budget spent on getting a returning star who got to be in a Indiana Jones move, as well as a Anthony Hopkins one too so he could prove to investors who don't even know what a tranjapsywhatsitz that an upcoming star like that can return on their investment even when staring with newfangeled-do-dads.

Yeah it ran on and had words that weren't real but it made sense :P

Skip this guy, focus on some other humans that can progress the story or TF3 will be about Sam getting married, and 4 "Sam's Baby"

the posters for all of them will be of this guy with some robots in the backround.

Doubt me, go look at some Police Academy posters when you could tell they where struggling to keep the cocoon guy from Johnny5.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706267)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2008 @ 10:19pm CDT
Oh how i'd missed people assuming and jumping to conclusions about what the movie's going to be like ...
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706281)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:02pm CDT
S.S.D.T. (Same Sh** Different Thread) :P
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706293)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on May 22nd, 2008 @ 11:38pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I'm right there with you Burn! The comments that I had planned on making about all this were the same as I've made before so I figure "why bother?" There are still a few of us that are of a like mind on all of this, we know who we all are and we know what we are going to have to put up with till the next movie comes out.
S.S.D.T. (Same Sh** Different Thread)
:P

Totally agree as well!
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706473)
Posted by Cheetron on May 23rd, 2008 @ 9:24am CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Wish they would cut him. He's an ass.

Judging by the responses so far, I guess I'm not alone in thinking that way. I won't watch the movie again because of him.
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706700)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 23rd, 2008 @ 1:52pm CDT
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706702)
Posted by Tekka on May 23rd, 2008 @ 1:53pm CDT
I'm just curious how he thought they could cut the main character from the movie without reshooting the whole thing. (:|
Re: Shia Labeouf: "I thought I was getting cut from Transformers (706709)
Posted by First Gen on May 23rd, 2008 @ 1:57pm CDT
omega666 wrote:I thought about getting the Mutt Williams Indiana Jones figure just to have him with Bumblebee.

I already did that. It's a nice fig too. Get the one without the leather jacket though.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon #5 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Tentakill Tomy Takara Piranacon Seacon #6" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Galvatron Vector Prime + Mini-cons Payload Ascent" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY