Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip)

Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip)

Wednesday, June 13th, 2007 11:36pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 25,741

Shia Labeouf appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno this evening to plug the upcoming Transformers Movie. The interview started with some small talk about the movie, and eventually moved onto Shia presenting 2 Leader Class Prime figures (1 in Robot mode, the other in Truck mode) for everyone to see.

After that, they showed a clip from the movie featuring Shia trying to hide the Autobots in his backyard. He does his best to keep his father from coming outside, and is somewhat successful. That is, until Optimus Prime steps on a stone fountain!

Then, Jay challenged Shia to transform the Optimus Prime figure during the commercial break. It appears that Shia was unsuccessful, as Terry Bradshaw had the figure when they came back from break.

Update:

The clip that they showed during the show has now been placed on YouTube! Click here to see the clip!

Credit(s): Shadowman

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 14th, 2007 2:46am CDT

Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163647)
Posted by Canned Pasta on June 13th, 2007 @ 11:42pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:Shia is one of the guests on "the TONIGHT Show with Jay Leno."

There ys go, I fixed it for ya
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163688)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 14th, 2007 @ 12:12am CDT
Anyone Youtube it?

So far, found nuttink.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163743)
Posted by GetterDragun on June 14th, 2007 @ 12:49am CDT
Fender Bender wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Shia is one of the guests on "the Tonite Show with Jay Leno."

The episode is on right now. (11:45PM Eastern Standard Time) Jay's doing his monologue.

I'll give the details after Shia's done.

Oh, and Goo Goo Dolls did their song for the movie a couple nights ago.

I just seen it. Shia plugs the movie, brings out two Leader Class Optimus Prime's (one in truck mode, the other in robot mode).

They show a clip of him trying to hide the Autobots in his backyard from his dad.

Lastly, Jay is making Shia transform Optimus from one mode to another during commercial. We'll see if he is successful when they come back from break.

Shia failed! :lol:

Anyway, FP and C'd Shadowman. 8)

Already been newsified:
http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewto ... =7183&sid=
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163754)
Posted by Breeze on June 14th, 2007 @ 12:59am CDT
Is there any link on youtube yet?
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163809)
Posted by V.A.C. on June 14th, 2007 @ 2:36am CDT
not on youtube yet.
I just saw Leno, I'm on the westcoast. Shia was really funny! the trailer was really good. Bumblebee and Prime look :shock:
18 days is too long to wait.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163812)
Posted by Calenatarion on June 14th, 2007 @ 2:43am CDT
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163814)
Posted by V.A.C. on June 14th, 2007 @ 2:48am CDT
Calenatarion wrote:I found the videoclip:

you da man! great clip!!
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163819)
Posted by Scatterlung on June 14th, 2007 @ 2:51am CDT
Calenatarion wrote:I found the videoclip:

Wow, they do look nice. Not brilliant but you can't please everybody :D
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163826)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 14th, 2007 @ 3:03am CDT
...they look damned fantastic.

Poor Sam. His life's goin' to Hell in a handbasket.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163833)
Posted by Nightracer GT on June 14th, 2007 @ 3:14am CDT
HAHA classic. LAWL even.

They're kind of fake to me, in the way they move, but hopefully that won't matter much. I'm so pumped about this movie now.

The music was pretty funny too.

Is it just the movie clip? I want to see the whole bit of him on the show.

Oh and, this is what you're getting people. Watch the clip. This is the kind of thing you're getting. No use crying about it now.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163852)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 14th, 2007 @ 4:00am CDT
Dark Zarak wrote:HAHA classic. LAWL even.

The music was pretty funny too.

Is it just the movie clip? I want to see the whole bit of him on the show.

Nothing to cry about. They look friggin' fantastic.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163872)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 14th, 2007 @ 4:51am CDT
I'm not sure whether the 'hiding' part is humorous to me, or dumb...

Aren't their alt modes for hiding? Shouldn't they have just parked on the street and waited?

I have not seen the movie yet, so I can't say how it fits with the whole thing, or why they would insist on being in robot mode there, but it was just something I've been pondering.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163879)
Posted by Bender Prime on June 14th, 2007 @ 5:25am CDT
Haha, that was cool. They look very fluid in motion, I like!
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163895)
Posted by MantaScorp on June 14th, 2007 @ 6:12am CDT
I thought that clip was hilarious, and the robots looked FANTASTIC.

As for the "why aren't they in alt mode?" problem people are having, it's a case of aliens on our planet who aren't sure of how they should act in a particular situation. This leads to a naturally funny scene. When Sam then asks them to be more inconspicuous, they transform and sit right there on the lawn (not much better...).

I cannot WAIT for this movie!!
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163902)
Posted by KSC on June 14th, 2007 @ 6:24am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I'm not sure whether the 'hiding' part is humorous to me, or dumb...

if every scene in every movie made sense, they'd all be documentaries. Just go with it. :D
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163905)
Posted by Neko on June 14th, 2007 @ 6:32am CDT
Bender Prime wrote:Haha, that was cool. They look very fluid in motion, I like!

I know! I was watching the clip (useing a comp at work so no audio for me) but just watching Bumblebee in the back, kind of waving the others away made my jaw drop. It was so fluid looking! So natural. It's crazy!

God! This movie is beautiful! 8)
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163913)
Posted by Calenatarion on June 14th, 2007 @ 6:49am CDT
Yeah it looked really good. And then to think that we haven't really seeen a lot of the battles. Hell this is good news for the future movies. If they are already so good at making this, imagine what they are capable of doing of the following movies. They probably have ideas/designs/etc. left that might be used for the next movies.

-edit-

I never really liked Shia. I just thought he was a kid of my age with a big mouth who tried to be cool. But he is a pretty good actor. Although some funny parts are a bit typical, I quite like his performance.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163931)
Posted by Archanubis on June 14th, 2007 @ 7:09am CDT
Kinda funny watching Bumblebee in the background gesturing to Spike to keep quiet and trying to wave his compatriots off. Looks interesting, though if they keep releasing clips like this, we're going to be able to splice the movie together from them.

Its also good to see more of Ironhide, though I wish they'd show more of Ratchet and finally show Brawl.
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (163943)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 14th, 2007 @ 7:14am CDT
That was a funny clip
Re: Shia LeBeouf on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (updated with clip) (164000)
Posted by Metal Gear Solid Fan on June 14th, 2007 @ 8:01am CDT
LOL @ bumblebee!!! That was cute/funny!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "LG21 Hardhead | Japanese Transformers Legends" on EBAY