Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000

Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 6:35pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,263

Chris Sabat, the voice actor for Vegeta, was talking about the Haslab Victory Saber project today. And that's quite the coincidence because this is also the day where the backers reach over 9000! And, in a fun bit of news, coloured 3d renders offering a 360 view of multiple components of the Victory Saber project are now up on the campaign site and offer us the first look at a Shield. It's on the top of the combined ship mode. This is most probably the third tier which until now was a mystery. You can check it out below, it is flat, white and has a blue line running through it.

You can view the other 360 videos here: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/tra ... tory-saber

Transformers News: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000

This article was last modified on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 6:37pm CDT

Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116511)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 22nd, 2021 @ 6:59pm CDT
The color renders give a nice idea of what to expect and I'm pleased to see that the stand is indeed, much more colorful than what was first beleived.

Looking forward to see all the tiers met and the real pictures of the finished product.
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116519)
Posted by william-james88 on September 22nd, 2021 @ 8:43pm CDT
While alot of people are riling on the tier system (many with glee, seems some are happy just to find more stuff to complain about), I think it actually gives us a better look into the economies of scale that drive hasbro's decision on what they do and wont do. It's info many of us have always wanted to know.

I mean, it's the same info we already see but analysed through a different lens. While the tiers are incentives to get more sold, they are also indicators of how many units are needed for both our costs and hasbro's margins to stay the same.

Also, it's important to remember that if this toy were sold at retail, the price would be higher to make up for margins lost through wholesaling to retail stores. That's another factor I don't see mentioned or adressed
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116524)
Posted by BenSimmonsTF on September 22nd, 2021 @ 9:49pm CDT
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116551)
Posted by MaximalNui on September 23rd, 2021 @ 5:21am CDT
And suddenly I'm sold. Even the stando looks a lot more appealing; it's amazing what a little color can do.

Though I can't believe I forgot about the shield. Then again, I never actually saw any of the Japanese-exclusive series; all I know about them comes from reading TFWiki.

Wonder if any IDW fan is disappointed for not including the Great Sword. Then again, they're clearly trying to focus on the original, heroic Star Saber.
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116584)
Posted by xMXUx on September 23rd, 2021 @ 10:58am CDT
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116590)
Posted by william-james88 on September 23rd, 2021 @ 11:07am CDT
xMXUx wrote:Finally wanted to place my order through Zavvi, only to find out that they don't ship Star Saber to Switzerland for whatever reason :BANG_HEAD:

That sucks! Zaavi seemed like the one place that covered most of the globe.
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116592)
Posted by xMXUx on September 23rd, 2021 @ 11:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

That sucks! Zaavi seemed like the one place that covered most of the globe.

Yeah I was under that assumption too. I have ordered from them in the past and they always shipped to my address so far. So not quite sure why they don't this time.
Maybe I'll get lucky through one of the japanese sites I normally use, once Takara releases their version
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116594)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 23rd, 2021 @ 11:44am CDT
xMXUx wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

That sucks! Zaavi seemed like the one place that covered most of the globe.

There will NOT be a "Japanese" version. Takara Tomy Mail will take orders on behalf of Hasbro, EXCLUSIVELY for Japanese addresses. However, there's sites who specializes in getting "Japan exclusives" to foreigners. Once the Takara listings are up, look them up.
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116600)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 23rd, 2021 @ 12:49pm CDT
BenSimmonsTF wrote:I hope them make a change about Leo's arms hanging at the backpack of Victory Saber. Just do a flip that the fist can transform into a thruster or something.

It has already been done and shown at a convention. The color renders they are showing now were done on early test prototypes that have Victory Leo slightly mistransformed for the combination. Later displays at the conventions have shown the arms to be transformed slightly different to hide the hands.
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116642)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on September 23rd, 2021 @ 7:29pm CDT
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116644)
Posted by william-james88 on September 23rd, 2021 @ 7:49pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:I was originally going to back this but no matter how hard I try.

Do you believe in life after love?
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116646)
Posted by Autobot N on September 23rd, 2021 @ 8:00pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:I was originally going to back this but no matter how hard I try, I just don't like it. That spaceship design is awful. I tried talking myself into it but it's so bad I can't overlook all the flaws. I really like the robot mode but it's just not something I NEED.
You could always back it anyway then sell it for a profit later on
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116711)
Posted by sol magnus on September 24th, 2021 @ 9:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Anyone else thinking of buying a second one to make an easy buck?

The way I see it, everybody wins. One more gets ordered, adding to what's needed to reach a tier and unlike Scalping, you buying more does not limit anyone from getting one. Then, since we know this item is limited, can only be bought once, and won't be available at retail, it is certain that not everyone who might be interested in this cool toy one day is ordering one now. So there's a nice opportunity to sell this toy at a markup later.

As with all toys that were once easy to get but now are not.

Yes. I'm getting two. Easy money.
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116719)
Posted by Emerje on September 25th, 2021 @ 1:22am CDT

Emerje
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116727)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 25th, 2021 @ 5:05am CDT
Emerje wrote:Two weeks left and still no Japanese orders yet. Either they simply aren't going to take orders or Hasbro is going to have to extend it just to give Takara Tomy Mall time to work out the logistics.

Emerje

They also could just buy a certain amount to sell to Japan. That said, I'm thinking that Takara might not take orders because someone on TFW pointed out that Robot Kingdom is able to sell to Victory Saber in Japan, but they weren't allowed to do that with Unicron. So if that's true, then Takara might not be taking the orders and just assume that Japanese fans will go through that until they decide to add orders
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116744)
Posted by Emerje on September 25th, 2021 @ 3:54pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Emerje

It would be very ironic if the figures that Hasbro keeps telling us is so Japanese is sold nearly everywhere in the world except for Japan.

Emerje
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116745)
Posted by william-james88 on September 25th, 2021 @ 3:58pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Emerje

Emerje

I just think it would suck for Japanese fans who actually grew up with this character.
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116747)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 25th, 2021 @ 4:05pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Emerje

That would be quite the backstab to the fans there: "You're resourceful, you figure it out, who cares if it would cost you more because of import duties".
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116792)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 26th, 2021 @ 10:00am CDT
The reveal of the colors this week looked really nice. I think Victory Leo, specifically in the face, could benefit from some more paint apps or slight adjustments, but overall it looks nice. Looking forward to seeing where we end up
Re: Shield Mistakenly Revealed in Latest Victory Saber Renders + It's Over 9000 (2116833)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 27th, 2021 @ 9:47am CDT
Well, Takara just acknowledged that they will be releasing Victory Saber as a TTM exclusive funding option. More details are going to be coming later on, but at least now we have confirmation that Takara's not just going to tell Japanese fans to figure it out

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY