Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class

Transformers News: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class

Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 10:12PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,951

Are any of you still stressing about not finding Shockwave at retail? Well you may have one less worry since we now know he will be repacked in wave 2. There are only 3 leaders part of the Siege line this year, with the third being E3480 Optimus Prime, a retool of Ultra Magnus. It is assumed this toy will be released in this second wave and now we know that Shockwave will be his wavemate. This could mean that Shockwave will be far more abundant than any other leader in the first half of the year. The listing for the wave 2 leader assortment was found on the Southern Hobby website with a release date of May 1st. This is much later than the rest of wave 2 is scheduled to hit, meaning that as we saw in wave 1, the Siege leaders are not meant to be released in synch with the rest of the line.

Transformers News: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leaders
Credit(s): Southern Hobby

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005146)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 16th, 2019 @ 10:29pm CST
Good, because I haven’t seen Shockwave anywhere at retail here in Northern Michigan. I don’t wanna miss out.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005151)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 16th, 2019 @ 10:45pm CST
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005157)
Posted by william-james88 on January 16th, 2019 @ 11:08pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:I still have a hard time accepting that we're only getting three leaders for this whole line. It just seems so... skimpy. It's good on the ol' bank account, but I do like having a more steady stream of things to collect to keep from getting bored.

Think about it, we had 4 waves of Studio Series last year and only 2 leaders. And we only had 4 leaders in POTP, so 3 is in the middle.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005159)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 16th, 2019 @ 11:20pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Compared to Combiner Wars and Titans Return, it seems a bit low, but in the Prime Wars Trilogy, that Class in particular relied on co-tools (redecos, retools and the like) for padding out the assortments. Plus, like PotP with its 4 Leaders, Siege is only 1 year.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005162)
Posted by william-james88 on January 16th, 2019 @ 11:58pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Thats why I didnt compare to other lines, it would not be a fair comparison. We should instead look at how many leaders come out per year in a line.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005164)
Posted by Flashwave on January 17th, 2019 @ 12:31am CST
So, this may not mean anything. I really hope it doesnt. My local Meijer is rezoning their Toy Section and they left the Map of Transformers figures out for me to see.

There's not as far as I saw a provision for Leader Figures in the shelf space. Everyhring else os accounted for, but not those. Are these Leader dudes just gonna be that hard to find???
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005165)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 17th, 2019 @ 12:36am CST
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Last I counted, we got 16 in main retail the past 4 years, and 5 exclusives. Of the main retail ones, 8 were directly based on earlier figures.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005170)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 17th, 2019 @ 3:25am CST
Dangit. When it said repacked I kinda hoped it meant as a voyager class minus the backpack (that I don't want) so more affordable. :P Would be nice to have the option. :P
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005173)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 17th, 2019 @ 3:53am CST
Honestly, a small number of Leader molds is fairly average. CW and TR had a high number of Leader releases, but there was mold-use maximizing going on with redecoes (3 of the CW Leaders were Seekers and one of the others was a headswap redeco) and co-tools (heck, the CW Seeker mold is a retool/co-tool of T30 Jetfire).

RiD:
3 Leader molds. not counting the re-used Laser Optimus mold

Armada:
1 Leader mold

Energon:
2 Leader molds

Cybertron:
3 Leader molds

Movie 1:
3 Leader molds

Animated:
3 Leader molds

RotF:
3 Leader molds, 4 if you include HFTD Starscream. Probably the peak for different original Leader-class molds with Screamer factored in.

DotM:
3 Leader molds

Thrilling 30:
1 Leader mold, a first for CHUG toys.

AoE:
2 Leader molds

Combiner Wars:
2 all-new Leader molds plus one heavy retool/co-tool of the T30 Leader

Titans Return:
3 original molds (two of which had co-tools), plus one heavy retool of a Combiner wars mold

The Last Knight:
2 new Leader molds

Power of the Primes:
3 new Leader molds

WFC SIEGE:
2 new Leader molds, one of which has a heavy co-tool.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005176)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 17th, 2019 @ 4:07am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:*long list*

and Studio Series now has 4 unique Leader molds (Grimlock, Blackout, Jetfire, DotM Megatron) though is into it's second year.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005178)
Posted by Dannshinigami on January 17th, 2019 @ 4:13am CST
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005180)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 17th, 2019 @ 4:56am CST
Dannshinigami wrote:Siege is only the first part of a trilogy so they dont want to jump the shark so to speak and put all the good stuff in this line and deter from the 2 lines to follow.

I think the second and third parts will follow suite as far as composition goes. Especially sticking with scale, we may see more Voyagers with extras to fill out three leader slots
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005190)
Posted by Emerje on January 17th, 2019 @ 6:37am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:*long list*

Yeah, which puts PotP ahead of Studio Series since PotP got three new Leader molds in one year and SS is getting four Leaders in two years (maybe three years, we've only had a small preview of SS in 2020). Heck, if you look at some of the other lines in terms of how long they lasted as opposed to just how many Leaders they have PotP was a real stand out for new molds in a single year.

Emerje
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005194)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 17th, 2019 @ 7:05am CST
Randomhero wrote:What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing become a dirty word? I don’t understand people who say complain about it. especially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.

I've got an answer for you.

While we as adult collectors can easily keep track of pieces, children can't. This is a line for kids, and I'm actually giving them to my kids. They've already lost a piece if Dog and one of Magnus's shoulder armor. I'm sure it will all be found one day, but the point remains, parts forming makes for easily lost pieces, and that makes headaches for a parent. I hate parts forming far more now than I did before kids. Then, it was just slightly annoying.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005196)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 17th, 2019 @ 7:08am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:

I've got an answer for you.

While we as adult collectors can easily keep track of pieces, children can't. This is a line for kids, and I'm actually hid In ? Them to my kids. They've already lost a piece if Dog and one of Magnus's shoulder armor. I'm sure it will all be found one day, but the point remains, parts forming makes for easily lost pieces, and that makes headaches for a parent. I hate parts forming far more now than I did before kids. Then, it was just slightly annoying.

Wasn't this the reason parents weren't keen on headmasters on the past and why Energon Omega Supreme ended up having a spare head built into his neck incase the headmaster was ever lost?
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005199)
Posted by jtanimator on January 17th, 2019 @ 7:22am CST
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005200)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 17th, 2019 @ 7:36am CST
And I don't know if anyone realizes this but they only ship two leaders at a time in the box. When I had a Target employee bring me a box I thought he was joking as it was only Magnus and Shockwave.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005201)
Posted by Randomhero on January 17th, 2019 @ 7:43am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:

I've got an answer for you.

Dude this is transformers. Adult fan don’t give a damn about kids. There’s people who think we are the primary buyers of this stuff and kids don’t play with these. There’s people who believe hasbro only makes stuff for 30+ adults and act entitled and say they deserve better quality.

Kudos that you want to give these to your kids and don’t want them losing parts but your a sliver of the fandom that’s the vocal minority. When you see parts forming about 3rd parties, those arnt people wanting to hand it off
Tomoids.
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005207)
Posted by Randomhero on January 17th, 2019 @ 8:13am CST
Stupid phone double posting
Re: Shockwave to be Repacked in Wave 2 of Transformers Siege Leader Class (2005208)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 17th, 2019 @ 8:23am CST
jtanimator wrote:Glad they're repacking this guy. He deserves ALL the attention he can get. I was just so lucky to pick him up at my local Walmart a week ago and I haven't loved a figure this much in a LONG time. People are complaining that he's too small, and yes, he is essentially a slightly upgraded voyager, but gosh dang it if he's not 100% worth it. He's sturdy, got great detail, TONS of playability, a fun transformation, and that extra set of robot arms may just be the coolest armor upgrade I've ever seen on a decepticon. Not to mention that hover board made from his armor just looks tight af. Both him and UM are top grade in every way. If downsizing your leader classes means getting this level of quality, by all means Hasbro, carry on. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I haven't seen anyone complain this much about the 3rd party legends class figures that go for 40-60$! I really justify the price if it means getting a nicely scaled, detailed, articulated figure of a 'con who just hasn't gotten the right amount of pizzazz over the years. Really, I don't think he deserves nearly as much hate as he does now, but that's my opinion I guess. I'd get him if I weren't on such a tight budget, but that's literally the only reason why I might not get him.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations DIRGE Missiles Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations DIRGE Deluxe Complete Jet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CLIFFJUMPER SUPPRESSOR 30th Anniversary Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return TR Astrotrain 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Class CHROMIA Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee & Blazemaster NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Generations 30th Universe Deluxe Voyager BLITZWING Complete" on EBAY