Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters

Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters

Monday, February 28th, 2011 10:20pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,808

After all the hinting around by Shout! Factory's Brian Ward via his Twitter feed we now have confirmation regarding the Transformers Beast Wars and Transformers Takara Collection: Headmasters DVD sets. The following is from Shout! Factory's email newsletter:

Transforming The Beast & Headmasters
OK, Transformers fans. This is what you’ve been waiting for. We now have officially secured the rights to bring you additional Transformers DVDs. Later this year, we’ll release two 4-disc sets: Transformers Beast Wars and Transformers Takara Collection: Headmasters. and complete series collections. This is the first time the Headmasters series is available in the U.S., and it all came together because you asked for it . . . at Comic-Con, Bot-Con and through our site. We’ll have more details as we get closer to releasing them, but we wanted to end rumor and speculation with an official confirmation here.

Great news for fans who missed out on the earlier releases.

Credit(s): Shout! Factory

This article was last modified on Saturday, April 9th, 2011 1:18pm CDT

Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188757)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 28th, 2011 @ 10:25pm CST
I'm pretty stoked about Beast Wars!

Since I already own the Madman Entertainment release of the Headmasters, I probably won't double dip unless it's a major improvement (video quality, extras, etc.)
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188762)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 28th, 2011 @ 10:34pm CST
Yes! Beast-Head-War-Masters! Rock on!
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188764)
Posted by Rated X on February 28th, 2011 @ 10:36pm CST
Is the Headmasters gonna be a voiceover or the same old boring voices ??? I downloaded em and got what I paid for. BORRRRRRING !!!

It might have potential if we can get the original voice actors or somebody that sounds similar to the original characters.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188766)
Posted by SoundwavePrime on February 28th, 2011 @ 10:43pm CST
thats neat but is headmaster what continues off g1 and will it be dubed in english ? :???:
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188768)
Posted by Thunderboomer on February 28th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CST
Hooray!
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188781)
Posted by rpetras on February 28th, 2011 @ 11:26pm CST
Excellent!

Thank you Shout Factory!

I don't have either, and I'll get both.

I've never seen Headmasters in any form, so I'll be interested to see them.

I always liked Beast Wars, but was never enough of a fan to buy it.

However, I think my son will LOVE it.

It will be something great for us to watch together.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188786)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 28th, 2011 @ 11:43pm CST
Easy pass on Beast Wars. Headmasters...maybe. :-?
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188792)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on March 1st, 2011 @ 12:06am CST
I'll most likely get the release of Headmasters, & Beast Wars is a maybe, since I never got my Season 1 back from a friend who borrowed it.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188793)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 1st, 2011 @ 12:08am CST

Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188835)
Posted by froiking on March 1st, 2011 @ 6:20am CST
Excelent News!

And don't forget the Latinamerican Transfans. We want spanish subtitles ! Pleassssse!

Thanks.

F.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188840)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 1st, 2011 @ 6:35am CST
YES! I can finally replace my old tired ass bootlegs!!
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188848)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on March 1st, 2011 @ 6:59am CST
I will pick up the Headmasters for sure.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188852)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 1st, 2011 @ 7:10am CST
will be picking up the Headmaster series. I have the Madman version, but I hate playing it on the region free dvd player. It's always freezing and locking up on me and I don't want to get another one just to watch this series. If anything, this makes me happier and I am looking more forward to Masterforce and Victory if this all goes well.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188876)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 1st, 2011 @ 8:44am CST
I hope these don't end up being expensive because of only being available from a few sources.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188893)
Posted by It Is Him on March 1st, 2011 @ 9:18am CST
Even though what I've seen on youtbue is painfully boring, I will be buying Headmasters.

Ha, back in the day of dial-up modems (the 90s), I remember finding an FAQ that said Japan got exclusive sequels to the original series and just FLIPPING OUT.

Sabrblade wrote:Since I already own both (Kid Rhino for Beast Wars and Metrodome for The Headmasters), unless they do something special for both that makes them wroth buying again, I'll probably pass on both.

Gonna have to disagree. Disney's dubs for Studio Ghibli's films have been flawless.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188899)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 1st, 2011 @ 9:25am CST
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I would’ve waited an eternity for this set, it’s over RHINO I don’t need you to supply me with beast wars episodes anymore
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188906)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 1st, 2011 @ 9:39am CST
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And even if I were to get The Headmasters DVD set, no matter what dub they put on it, I'd stick with the original voice track, as that was how it was intended to be viewed, and because no dub can ever really trump the original version of an anime.

I'm not saying that ere are no good dubs. Why, the English dub of Gundam Wing is probably the one of the best dubs I've ever seen. Though, when I listened to the Japanese voices, despite all the praise I gave the dub voices, I still found the Japanese voices to be the more realistic and believable of the two.

Disney also does wonders with their Studio Ghibli dubs. But, again, when I compared the Japanese voices of Castle in the Sky to those of its dub, even though its dub was great, the original voices still sounded more the realistic and more emotional.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188923)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 1st, 2011 @ 10:31am CST
Beast Wars is a must for me. I grew up with Beast Wars and it is my all time favorite series. I was too young during Rhino's release and only ever convinced my parents to get season 2 and that was because it was on sale at the time. I've got my own funds now and I can finally have a set to watch whenever I wish instead of having to find them on the internet. Can't wait.

I don't know about Headmasters though. I didn't pick up G1 because I've watched them all once and really don't care about watching them again. It would be interesting to see some Transformers I've not watched before so who knows. If they have subtitles I'm all for it.

Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188931)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 1st, 2011 @ 10:45am CST
Lord Onixprime wrote:What it really gives me hope for though is US releases for Beast Wars II and Neo. I'd love to seem them get released so I can watch them. It's hard to find them with subs and so I've only seen like 5 episodes and that Beast Wars II movie.
As much I too would love to see those two series, I sincerely doubt that these two will be seeing any U.S. DVD releases, considering that they never even received any kind of DVD release in Japan (aside from the BWII movie). VHS tapes don't last forever either.
Re: Shout! Factory Confirms Beastwars & Headmasters (1188956)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 1st, 2011 @ 11:26am CST
so regarding Beast Wars, its a 4 disc set so does this mean it'll just be the original Beast Wars or will they include Beast Machines in there? unless that'll just get its own release later as well.

i'm very excited about Headmasters, i'm sure it'll be all sorts of terrible but it'll be fun seeing it finally after years of hearing and reading about it. i never gave into bootlegs so i've never see anything from that series. but G1 hasnt aged gracefully in the least, where it once was cool and awesome, its now laughable but in a fun way. lol. though i bought that show twice so its all good. lol

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Pounce and Wingspan Incomplete Transformers G1 Hasbro 1987 Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise WFC-E13 SLITHERFANG Battle Masters NEW" on EBAY
Buy "2x Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Rung Slitherfang Battle Masters Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Rung & Slitherfang Battle Masters Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron" on EBAY
Buy "Super7 Hasbro The Transformers Autobots Bumblebee Reaction Action Figure" on EBAY