Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving

Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving

Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 8:58am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Counterpunch   Views: 9,465

Our man Counterpunch has received his Shout Factory G1 Box Set today.

Rumor has it that he will be very productive at work today.

Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving!

Let the marathon viewing events commence!

Did you know you can find out info on the individual G1 episodes here at the Vector Sigma Database? High Quality screen captures are on their way soon courtesy of seibertron.com

Vector Sigma Database Cartoon Section

Credit(s): Counterpunch

This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 9:56am CDT

Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (950731)
Posted by ChrisR291 on July 8th, 2009 @ 9:41am CDT
so are the episodes fixed? Heavy Metal War, etc?
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (950740)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on July 8th, 2009 @ 10:06am CDT
yeah could someone do a quick review.
like if they changed anything in any episodes.
what do the DVD menus look like ect.
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (950743)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2009 @ 10:17am CDT

But really don't get this. Why release the complete series box set before the rest of the individual season sets? Wouldn't it make more sense for this to come after all the individual season releases come out, instead of between seasons one and two?
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (950779)
Posted by ChrisR291 on July 8th, 2009 @ 11:10am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Well, the season one portion has been reviewed here, as its disks are a part of this set.

Season 1 had the same errors as the Rhino release. I "heard" that this version correct those problems and removed the extra sound effects Rhino threw in.
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (950782)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 8th, 2009 @ 11:23am CDT
releasing season 1 along with the complete series seems to be a new tv-on-dvd trend lately and i applaud it. because then those who are fans and want the whole thing can get it right away and not wait months or even years. and then others who dont feel they want it all can either take their time and pick em up as they become available or even just buy seasons they liked and skip others.

but man oh man...fancy box sets are my dvd kryptonite, i'm so tempted to eventually get this despite owning all the rhino releases. lol
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (950868)
Posted by LiKwid on July 8th, 2009 @ 1:24pm CDT
I bought the shout factory season 1 G1 a week or so ago and I loved it.. I'm thinking about investing in this set. I did find some errors in the shout factory edition, a few misplaced characters and certain characters in the same scene twice.. I didn't notice any audio problems though, just visual..
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (950940)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 8th, 2009 @ 2:28pm CDT
I would like to know if the book and whatever other extras limited to just the boxed set are worth the price. It seems it will be cheaper buying the individual seasons when they are released.

Anyone know if the complete set will be sold at e-tailers like amazon, or is it only available through Shout Factory?
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951020)
Posted by Skids on July 8th, 2009 @ 3:52pm CDT
I was surprised to see this box set reach my place today, as I had just been emailed about it from Shout! Factory's checkout system yesterday (and I saw the charges hit my bank account accordingly).

Well, though I've only gotten a chance to check it out briefly, I have to say, I went RIGHT to "Heavy Metal War" and I much like Shout!'s treatment of the episode. It looks closer to what I remember dubbing from F.H.E. VHS cassettes, recording in "edited" form from the Sci-Fi Channel in the '90s and what have you.

There are NO Rhino "extra" sound effects, but what is there sounds a little quiet to what I'm used to (must be the sound set up).

The box itself is neat. I might go ahead and sell my Rhino DVD sets on eBay soon to make room for this, because this, from the little bit I've gotten to tinker with, is top notch.

Kudos!
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951024)
Posted by El Duque on July 8th, 2009 @ 3:57pm CDT
Got mine today as well. Haven't had a chance to watch any of it yet, but the whole set up is very nice. I'll probably actually display it with my figures.
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951030)
Posted by the_dark_decepticon on July 8th, 2009 @ 4:01pm CDT
How much is the set?
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951054)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 8th, 2009 @ 4:36pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:errors in the shout factory edition, a few misplaced characters and certain characters in the same scene twice

oh man, those are classic mistakes from the original airings, i'm glad they didnt fix those. i have no problem with mastering the video quality but leave the errors alone....its part of the show's charm.
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951240)
Posted by OptimusShr on July 8th, 2009 @ 9:27pm CDT
the_dark_decepticon wrote:How much is the set?

$140 for the complete series.
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951385)
Posted by vectorA3 on July 9th, 2009 @ 5:06am CDT
I want this set & am tempted to get it at comic-con, but if the brick & mortar stores will sell it cheaper than I may go that route. $140 isn't too too bad, but why pay more??

Punch will be the first person fired for watching G1 at work :lol: :P
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951414)
Posted by Skids on July 9th, 2009 @ 7:25am CDT
I watched most of the bonus material (is that exclusive to this set?) ... and man, LMAO.

I love all the "meta" talk about how Transformers came about, the voice actor session was the BEST part of it all.

Budiansky running down all he had done, and how he came to learn of the Transformers fanbase was great, too.

Really enjoyed that part of the set.
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (951440)
Posted by joevill on July 9th, 2009 @ 8:36am CDT
I got mine yesterday too! =)
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (952819)
Posted by Judge Deliberata on July 11th, 2009 @ 2:35am CDT
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (953388)
Posted by Gandalf on July 12th, 2009 @ 1:09am CDT
Skids wrote:the voice actor session was the BEST part of it all.

Was Peter Cullen included in the session? He isn't mentioned on the website for this set, and I'm getting rather scared that he wasn't involved...
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (953441)
Posted by vectorA3 on July 12th, 2009 @ 7:11am CDT
Judge Deliberata wrote:Got mine the other day and in between busy periods I've had time to watch MTMTE in parts. Quick impressions are that the transformation sequences seem to be faster sometimes than I remember them being, and the picture quality definitely seems better on the whole.

Quints should not be watching this program. Too biased. :P
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (955675)
Posted by Skids on July 15th, 2009 @ 2:12pm CDT
Gandalf wrote:
Skids wrote:the voice actor session was the BEST part of it all.

Unfortunately, he was not present.
Frank Welker was, and he does the Megatron voice as well as Soundwave/Dr. Claw's voice.

Also there are Corey Burton, Arthur Burghardt, Dick Gautier (he makes a funny comment), Michael Bell, Gregg Berger, Neil Ross (he makes the funniest comment in the whole bit), Jack Angel (funny comment regarding the successor of Unicron's voice actor) and Corey Burton.

They reminisce often on those who aren't there to speak, like Peter Cullen, Scatman Crothers, and Chris Latta (it was almost like a memorial to the dude). There's also some hilarious talk about the Movie and Orson Welles.

On other bonus DVDs, you see Wally Burr and Dan Gilvezan.
Re: Shout Factory G1 Complete Series Box Sets Arriving (955706)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 15th, 2009 @ 2:33pm CDT
So...Is this available in stores or just online?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Ratchet & Lifeline Paradron Medics 2 Pack Sealed NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock Blaster And Data Discs" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "IDW TRANSFORMERS : ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 LONG BEACH COMIC CON COVER : NM : RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Bruticus, Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY