Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together

Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together

Tuesday, July 12th, 2011 6:27pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 33,252

According to Tvshowsondvd, Shout! Factory will release seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars in a 4 DVD set. It is scheduled to hit retailers on October 4. It will contain bonus features like "Remembering The Spark" Featurette, a Reunion of members of the Voice Cast where they look back on voicing the Maximals and Predacons of Beast Wars; Original Making Of Beast Wars, an Art Gallery, and Original Character Models.

A new war between the Transformers has broken out, but the objectives remain the same...as do the stakes hanging in the balance. Optimus Primal and his valiant Maximals must stop Megatron and the treacherous Predacons from obtaining the Energon necessary to fuel their campaign to conquer the universe. Can Optimus and the Maximals rise to the challenge? The answer awaits in the thrilling conclusion to Transformers: Beast Wars!

Credit(s): Tvshowsondvd, ALEXD3498

Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1257963)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on July 12th, 2011 @ 9:53pm CDT
I've got to wait until October? Can't come soon enough.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1257975)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 12th, 2011 @ 10:15pm CDT
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258015)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on July 12th, 2011 @ 10:50pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:That is AWESOME news. I got the first season and loved it. I admit I was never a Beast Wars fan. I remember just last year picking on a friend who liked it. I was ignorant. This is really a fantastic show, even if the CG is a little dated. It's a slightly more dark and serious CG Transformer show with (as far as I'm aware) no humans! It created a new story arc WHILE paying respect to G1 and not trashing the origins of the franchise....wait, that sounds a lot like some movie discussions I've been involved with... :P

Season 2 gets a bit iffy at times, but IMO it gets stronger again in season 3.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258041)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 12th, 2011 @ 11:25pm CDT
I'm more inclined to get the complete series DVD set instead.

Is that one an online exclusive, or can it be purchased in stores?
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258050)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 12th, 2011 @ 11:36pm CDT
Bout time! I can finally get Season 2!!! I got to see Headmasters in hand today too! I can't wait to get them all and finally see Headmasters.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258098)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 13th, 2011 @ 1:44am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:

Season 2 gets a bit iffy at times, but IMO it gets stronger again in season 3.

I've been told once Optimal Optimus comes onto the scene, things get pretty awesome. I've had that figure for years and can't wait to see him in action. Honestly, I haven't been this excited to see a Transformer show or movie since I found Masterforce bootlegs at an anime convention 3 years ago. I can understand why so many people want Beast Wars characters inducted into the Hall of Fame, they are well developed characters, except for Cheetor. In season, IMO, he's a douche.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258202)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 13th, 2011 @ 7:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Is that one an online exclusive, or can it be purchased in stores?

It's an online exclusive now, but should be in stores at the same time as this.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258225)
Posted by D-340 on July 13th, 2011 @ 8:41am CDT
October huh? I only need season 2(I have Rhino's 1 and 3, somehow missed 2), but that's a nice set.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258267)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2011 @ 9:58am CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

It's an online exclusive now, but should be in stores at the same time as this.

Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258772)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 13th, 2011 @ 9:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So, all I have to do is wait for this set to come out and then the complete series set (that includes the comic) will be out in stores too?

Presumably. The way it's usually worked with Shout is that they sell the complete series DVD set at the same day the first season set is available in stores, then make the complete series available in stores on the same day that they release the last season set. They've done this before with the G1 set, along with their releases of the complete GI Joe and Reboot series.

Sabrblade wrote:Will the same happen for the Complete Japanese Collection DVD set too? Or, will that stay an online exclusive?

An insert for the Headmasters series says that it will be available in stores (I forget when), so presumable it will be out when they release the Victory set (which, if my math is correct on the subject, won't be till March 2012 at the earliest.)
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1258987)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2011 @ 10:04am CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

If you could see what the insert said, it would be much appreciated. :D
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together (1260187)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 16th, 2011 @ 7:53am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:If you could see what the insert said, it would be much appreciated. :D

Found the insert last night. Unfortunately, all it says is "Transformers Japanese Collection - 13 Dics Set - Coming Soon". There isn't even any cover artwork.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers combiner wars blackjack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Generations Deluxe Thrilling 30 Autobot Skids w/ IDW comic MOSC????" on EBAY
Buy "Perceptor Transformers Super 7 reaction figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Movie Cyberverse Legion Class Topspin Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 DECEPTICON THUNDERCRACKER FIGURE Loose Combiner Wars Legends" on EBAY