Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th

Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th

Friday, May 4th, 2012 8:42am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,683

TVshowsonDVD.com is reporting that Shout! Factory will be releasing the final set in their Japanese exclusive series, Transformers: Victory, on August 28th! The four disc set has a SRP of $29.93 and includes English subtitles. The set is currently available for pre-order on Amazon for $20.95.

With its glorious return to the classic TRANSFORMERS, VICTORY - the third and final installment of the Japanese-exclusive series - introduces four new factions to the TRANSFORMERS universe. Each group comes equipped with its own unique power and the ability to combine to form much larger, more powerful Transformers, immediately making each and every battle even more epic! Now, for the first time in North America, you can enjoy 37 action-packed episodes of VICTORY on DVD in its original Japanese language with brand-new English subtitles!

Credit(s): TVshowsonDVD.com

Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376794)
Posted by Forgotten on May 4th, 2012 @ 9:14am CDT
Awesome! Victory is my favorite series. Love Deszaras & The Brestforce. Maybe my Deszaras tattoo will be done by then. :-?
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376812)
Posted by korisifu on May 4th, 2012 @ 10:08am CDT
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376814)
Posted by RAcast on May 4th, 2012 @ 10:19am CDT
korisifu wrote:Please excuse my ignorance but is this it's own stand alone series or a continuation? I've watched the first episode on YouTube and it seemed to be all new bots. I grew up on G1, discovered Headmasters last summer, and now have Masterforce on its way to me, is this still part of G1 or all new?

Edit: It's part of g1.

If you saw my former comment, disregard. :P
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376820)
Posted by Forgotten on May 4th, 2012 @ 10:27am CDT
It carries on after Masterforce. God Ginrai is even a character in the show. Much better show than Headmasters or Masterforce in my opinion.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376821)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 4th, 2012 @ 10:27am CDT
Awesome, I think that settles it! Next time I order from Amazon I'm going to start collecting these since they're pretty cheap.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376847)
Posted by Bouncy X on May 4th, 2012 @ 11:19am CDT
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376860)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 4th, 2012 @ 11:42am CDT
Like the previous two, I like this one, but it's definitely not the best.

Though, also like the first two, it too wasn't spared from the ethnocentric subtitles of Shout!/Hasbro. Really? Blacker is not Gripper. Holi is not Stakeout. :BANG_HEAD:

And, again, they got the logo for The Headmasters placed at the bottom of the Victory DVD cover just like they did for Masterforce. #-o

Forgotten wrote:Much better show than Headmasters or Masterforce in my opinion.
Pardon me, but it what ways is Victory *better* than Masterforce? The majority of Victory was a Saturday morning cartoon-styled series with standalone episodic plots that barely linked together, a leader who overshadowed his teammates due to the show trying to force down our throats just how awesome he was (when he was really just a bland, cardboard cut-out of a leader), pitiful Destrons who were either comic relief or generic soldiers who could barely hold their own in battle without Deszaras having to come in and save them (at least, until Liokaiser finally shows up, who literally saves this show from being less than great, and is possibly the best Destron/Decepticon combiner character ever 8) , but I digress), a distinct lack of any and all unique insert songs for battle scenes that led to them having to use the theme song in EVERY episode to the point where it got so repetitive it lost nearly all its luster and lyrical intrigue, and a plot that came in way too late to save any reason for us having to sit through so much filler material before it finally got going.

As awesome as Liokaiser, Victory Leo, Victory Saber, and the plot involving the space fortress were, they were overshadowed by the slow-paced mundane feel of this show that keeps it as being tied with series like G1 and Armada as being "just average".

With Masterforce, however, we got a near-coherent plot from start to finish, engaging characters who almost all got great focus/development/screentime, plenty of insert songs to keep things unique and spiced up in select battle scenes, a leader who literally started from the ground up and rose to excellence on his own as the series progressed (he didn't even want to be leader at first), deliciously villainous Destrons who came in many flavors of evil (some of whom were even able to reform by the series' conclusion) and were great characters in their own right, competent and extremely useful human characters that other series could only dream of having (though, TF: Prime Jack is about at the level of these guys, but he's the only one of that series), and just the right amount of filler to get us familiar with the characters so that the story itself could be going at full speed with characters ready for it.

It's biggest flaw, however, is that it doesn't explain a whole lot of things, leaving some ends loose and untouched upon. But, they did create a special episode at the end of the series to explain some of these concepts, so it did at least attempt to rectify this. Nonetheless, Masterforce was above and beyond average, and has reached the point of being my third favorite TF series. 8)

Bouncy X wrote:so now that they will all be available individually, does this mean the box set will no longer be a shout store exclusive and be available at retail and/or amazon shortly after?
Pretty much. It happened with Beast Wars and G1.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376886)
Posted by Forgotten on May 4th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CDT
Sabrblade, I did not plan to inspire a rant. Victory is the better of them to me because of the ham & cheese of it. Bruce Campbell is my favorite actor & Lloyd Kaufman is my favorite director. So now you know my taste preferences. Plus, the robot designs were simply amazing. Pretty much all the figures from the line are my holy grail list.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376888)
Posted by korisifu on May 4th, 2012 @ 12:31pm CDT
Wow. I guess that I'll just have to wait and see how I like Masterforce and see if I want to check this season out. Really good reviews, btw
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1376981)
Posted by leviebaby on May 4th, 2012 @ 4:52pm CDT
i love victory i agree its way better than masterforce no affence i seen masterforce it to many plothole and many tht made no scence here how i see the takara series
headmasters sequal to or reboot g1 rebirth
masterforce mor like super sentai meets transformers
victory shonen anime meets transformers
beast wars 2nd digimon fealing
beast wars neo naruto style sorry if i affend but i like takara seriouse . i cant wait for 2nd and neo dvds release here :D :D :D
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1377236)
Posted by LiKwid on May 5th, 2012 @ 6:28pm CDT
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1384525)
Posted by ThunderThruster on May 28th, 2012 @ 10:11am CDT
LiKwid wrote:This makes me happy.. I've been wanting to see this series ever since headmasters.. Just another part of transformers I've never seen before..

It's definitely worth getting. My only gripe is that you can sometime miss whats going on for trying to read the substitles and vise versa.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory 4 DVD Set on August 28th (1384544)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 28th, 2012 @ 11:13am CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:

See, I've gotten so accustom to subtitles that I don't have this problem. Whenever there's dialogue, there tend to be minimal action going on on the screen, while the action scenes have hardly any dialogue to read aside from some yelling. It's like the action pauses whenever someone speaks, and the speaking is toned down when lots of activity occurs. ;)

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Cyberverse NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse MEGATRON Commander Class Complete w/ Weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse ARCEE Legion Class 3" Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Thundercracker near complete in good condition not reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Series 2 001 Bumblebee (MISB)" on EBAY